UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I don't know why he's being lauded for a tackle that's literally outlawed in American Football. It's not just dragging someone back.

Classic old man Italian defending. Knows he's never getting a red for that from that far away from goal. Dark arts master.

Just now, Amir_9 said:

Southgate being interviewed now saying he picked the penalty takers based on training

Which goes to show. Doesn't factor the magnitude of the moment into it. He seems like a nice guy, but I feel he's out of his depth and that England are there because of the squad they have and not the manager. 

It's a head scratcher as to why we let Italy send wave, after wave of attacks once we had scored. I was surprised we kept them out for so long but unfortunately, you knew that them equalising, was inevitable.

We had no outlet, we had all 11 men camped in our own half, and every time the ball got cleared, it came straight back. Really weird scenario/tactics, and we didn't change it, we just continued to let Italy pile the pressure on us.

Absolutely gutted because we have the talent to have finished the job in our favour tonight.

1 minute ago, Pons Alias said:

There is a part of me that's weirdly relieved. So many people I really dislike would have been made even more unsufferable by an England win.

Majority of England fans on the forum are class, but big time appreciation for this sentiment IRL.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Ugh man, that's fucking grim. Why are there so many fucking insufferable cunts in this country.

It's grim, but it looks like they're trying to help stop people from entering the stadium without tickets. 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Which goes to show. Doesn't factor the magnitude of the moment into it. He seems like a nice guy, but I feel he's out of his depth and that England are there because of the squad they have and not the manager. 

Sorry but this this shite.

Southgate's turned England from laughing stock to actually being a genuine force at international football again.

2 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Yeah but it’s a bit of truism though, isn’t it? Italy were mad lucky to have someone of Mancini’s caliber managing them. Which English manager at the moment does a better job than Southgate?

Not sure you can call it luck. In the last 10-15 years, Italy almost always had great managers at the helm - Lippi, Prandelli, Conte, Ventura, Mancini. Four out of that five ( Ventura being the obvious exception) could be considered the best (if not best, atleast top 3) among the peers managing national teams during their reign. Lippi had a great team but Italy were impressive and outperformed expectations under Prandelli, Conte, and now under Mancini. 

Italy appear to have a conveyor belt of managerial talent, and Italian FA sure know how to pick them. Expect the Atalanta manager to step in once Mancini steps down. 

A tough pill to swallow I’m sure. But you were beaten by the better team. Aside from the goal after 90 seconds, I can’t remember another clear cut chance England had. Italy defended well and took control of the game after 30 mins.

There’s not much more to say about it. You have a young talented side that can go one better at some point.

The inevitable media witch hunt will commence but it serves to purpose, the manager is a good fit, the playing squad are all very good and it’s mostly a well balanced team. Any big changes will undo all the progress the team have made over last few years.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

A tough pill to swallow I’m sure. But you were beaten by the better team. Aside from the goal after 90 seconds, I can’t remember another clear cut chance England had. Italy defended well and took control of the game after 30 mins.

There’s not much more to say about it. You have a young talented side that can go one better at some point.

The inevitable media witch hunt will commence but it serves to purpose, the manager is a good fit, the playing squad are all very good and it’s mostly a well balanced team. Any big changes will undo all the progress the team have made over last few years.

Better team on the day but when you look at our attacking options, Southgate has a lot to answer for why we asked so few questions of their defence.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Sorry but this this shite.

Southgate's turned England from laughing stock to actually being a genuine force at international football again.

Yeah I mean fair enough. I do disagree, but I got this hatred for defensive and cautious managers so I'm probably biased. Especially when I feel if you look at squads, than England has probably the strongest squad in the world at the moment when it comes to offensive players.