UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Him and Kane were both shite this tournament, neither will get any stick.

Incredible Italy won it. Immobile basically done fuck all, all tournament. Chiellini is different gravy though.

Kane had a good tournament.

11 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Social media has become one of the great cancers of society.

It just shows you what the arsehole in the pub would have been mumbling to his equally fuckwitted mates.

We've given all the twats megaphones and their own TV shows. No wonder we're fucked.

I don't think Kane was that good. If we had another top-level striker he might not have played.

TBF though, he’ll always look awful in games like this when we have so little of the ball. 

He doesn’t look sharp or fit to me, not sure if temporary or permanent. 

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

Southgate's fucking awful tactically isnt he

Nope, not been any evidence of that this tournament tbh. Got it right constantly throughout until tonight, where it definitely went wrong. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Nope, not been any evidence of that this tournament tbh. Got it right constantly throughout until tonight, where it definitely went wrong. 

In fairness, its the first time his in-game tactics have been tested all tournament and he fell well short.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Agree with this. Up until tonight we've been raving about Southgate making the right choices. I've doubted him, and he's proved me wrong consistently right up until tonight. More than willing to give him another chance - one bad game should not write a manager off.

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

Basically that Southgate should be hanged 

Got link to that? 

Worst i have seen is

Fucking useless management by Gareth Southgate tonight. That early goal seems to be a freak moment.
We were not very good in most of this tournament.
England were so weak an attacking threat.
He decided that.

Play Sterling, Foden and Sancho behind Kane in the WC with Bellingham and Rice. Still have tons of talent on the bench like Grealish and Saka to bring on. Concentrate on your strengths and don’t be scared of every opponent and you should be favourites.

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Southgate's fucking awful tactically isnt he

He’s just limited imo. Sitting back and countering can be a valid tactic depending on the personnel at your disposal. But come on; it’s been proven in the last few years that, if you have the players, a well-organized high press is generally the winning formula. 

Unfortunately, for all his good attributes, Southgate is not at that elite level to execute this kind of game-plan. Which, based on the talent of this squad, means he’s not up to the task.

When I see the violence, the racial hatred and animalistic behaviour of the England fans, it just makes me want to give up supporting them. It's like I'm somehow a part of it and it makes me feel a bit sick.

I realise it's a minority, but it's still a lot of them and makes me absolutely ashamed. Am I being over the top? It just really depresses me seeing them do this shit all over and over again. Scumbags will be scumbags of course.

I'd add again, Southgate has done a fantastic job overall. He's set us up well, he seems to be a great man manger and he's created a brilliant atmosphere in the camp.

It's just he leaves a bit to be desired as a tactician.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Willow said:

When I see the violence, the racial hatred and animalistic behaviour of the England fans, it just makes me want to give up supporting them. It's like I'm somehow a part of it and it makes me feel a bit sick.

I realise it's a minority, but it's still a lot of them and makes me absolutely ashamed. Am I being over the top? It just really depresses me seeing them do this shit all over and over again. Scumbags will be scumbags of course.

Yeah it's a minority but a significant size.

Hearing some of the stuff in the pub today made me sick tbh.

Absolutely crucial that Jones remains part of the England coaching setup for next year's World Cup - Southgate needs that additional opinion/influence to balance out his conservative tactics.

My overall feeling is Southgate is still the one for the job as his way of thinking is more suited to a tournament format rather than a club setting. This England team has done us proud this summer and you can't dismiss the good Southgate has done (managing the media well, getting that team spirit up and galvanising his players and the country); no-one is perfect though so some criticism does need to land at Southgate's door (namely the lack of any attacking nous in the second half and basically offering Italy to attack us).

There are positives and negatives to take from this but ultimately, the main negative came at the wrong time. You'd hope we analyse what's gone right (and build on it) and what's gone wrong (and rectify it) and we'll be properly prepare for next year's World Cup.

1 minute ago, Willow said:

Nothing wrong with that but shouldn’t let the minority ruin it then they win

definitely a better take than that guy pre tournament refusing to support us because we take the knee

1 minute ago, Willow said:

It's still a minority, but it's now a sizeable one. And all you get from most people is mild tutting or ignorance. England is heading to hell in a handcart, whilst the rest of Europe watch on and laugh.

45 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It should be though. It wasn’t just obstructing a guy or stopping the attack, it was grabbing him by the neck and yanking him down. Really dangerous. 

But it's not though, that's why he did it.

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I don't think he's been good at all. He looks really sluggish. I know you can't really take him out but sometimes you have to. To see someone quicker against their CBs, I dunno, Kane was a ghost second half.

Yeah, agree. Feel like DCL would have been more bother for Bonucci and Chiellini in the extra time but it’s not exactly easy sub to do with penalties looming. I would have brought in Sancho ahead of Grealish too and a lot earlier.