PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Anyone suggesting signing these players to further deals means the takeover is looking unlikely are just short sighted.

Surely it's cheaper to sign these players to new deals than it would be to sign NEW players (which we desperately need).

It's literally just continuing to do the bare minimum, the absolute bare minimum, which goes hand in hand with MA washing his hands with the club in lieu of the takeover.

On 08/07/2021 at 11:27, Yorkie said:

THREAD ETIQUETTE: 

DO: feel free to be either optimistic or pessimistic about the potential for new ownership

DO: feel free to express those opinions in an un-provocative and reasonable manner without undue repetition

DO NOT: deliberately antagonise those who do not share the same view as you

DO NOT: 'chomp' / 'take the bait' at any post or poster who you feel is deliberately trying to be unnecessarily provocative

Not trying to be overly officious, just hope that everyone can agree that this is a reasonable approach. We all want what's best for the club, let's not try and drive ourselves to madness before it ever happens. 

Howay the lads. 

Yes indeed, we are ALL Newcastle United supporters, so lets agree (and disagree) but always remember that fact.

Our future is incredibly bright, it will be enjoyable day after day, week after week, month after month, and year after year.

The way I would describe our future (and its contrast with our most recent past) is . . .

E X Q U I S I T E

We will all enjoy it together.

Edited by manorpark

....or hand in hand with Mike Ashleys usual running of the club.

I don't believe we can read anything about the takeover from the deals like, positive or negative.  It's just...another day at the office really.

Edited by Wilson

The players were signed on because at this moment in time no one at the club or trying to buy the club knows what the outcome of arbitration is going to be so at this moment in time it’s ‘business as usual’ 

I mean it’s the same reason why Steve Bruce is still the manager. Nothing at all changes until the result is given and the deal is done and the keys to St James park are handed over. 
new contracts, the manager still being there, castore, fun88 all of it comes under the umbrella of ‘business as usual’  

Wishful thinking here i know but....

Theres gonna come a moment when those involved are (hopefully!) gonna be told that the takeover is gonna be waived through.

So what will be the moment when the fans find out that its being done?

The announcement of completion? A leak beforehand?

Or some other means like a companies house update? or Staveley leading a congo line through Byker?

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Is anyone from here booked up for the protest bus trip to London? 

When is it for? Is it the 16th or something?

Takeover might even be done by then. :lol:

I actually think it will come from nowhere, on the club website, if it is passed.

If it fails then the PL will be straight on the phone to their insiders like Jacobs and it will come from there.

3 minutes ago, Rocker said:

When is it for? Is it the 16th or something?

Takeover might even be done by then. :lol:

Be lucky if arbitration has even started by then :lol:

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

I actually think it will come from nowhere, on the club website, if it is passed.

If it fails then the PL will be straight on the phone to their insiders like Jacobs and it will come from there.

David Craig will wet his knickers when he gets the call from Justin Barnes.

20 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Bet they made a fucking mint on that deal, damn.

They did 'life changing' was the term used by the guy I know.

He's now engaged them to negotiate a deal to become the face of LG so they were working on that last time I spoke to them

Edited by Minhosa

1 hour ago, Espio said:

Ironic. Corn Flakes were originally invented by Kellogg's to stop people masturbating.

Hmm, depends what you put on them I think!

Edited by manorpark