PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, RS said:

Think that “decent price” had nothing to do with it. It was Saudi Arabia after all. 

All points to a flogging a dead horse now anyway. Let’s hope Ashley gets his compensation and flogs us cheap. 

They’re a public investment fund who operate for profit. The decent price compared to a top 6 club has everything to do with it.

51 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The PL offers the biggest TV income and exposure for a football club in the world.

NUFC is the biggest club available in said league for a decent price, the potential to grow the brand and therefore profit is sizeable.

That’s why they want us and will ultimately succeed in doing so.

You massively overestimate how much PIF want this deal. Everyone connected with PIF and well placed in Saudi say exactly that.

Amanda Staveley, aye. But PIF really aren’t as desperate as you suggest.

If they were, this deal would’ve been done by now.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You massively overestimate how much PIF want this deal. Everyone connected with PIF and well placed in Saudi say exactly that.

Amanda Staveley, aye. But PIF really aren’t as desperate as you suggest.

If they were, this deal would’ve been done by now.

The fact they are still waiting in the background waiting to complete and haven’t moved on, suggests they want this deal in this league.

How desperate they are I have no idea.

Edited by Whitley mag

I think it's fair to say they aren't "desperate" for it and aren't sat in thr wings with baited breath as there's plenty of other deals on the table of more importance, diversity of portfolio and all that. However, it's also perfectly plausible that if the deal gets the green light by some miracle then they'll be back at the table as soon as they can. It's not over until all avenues are explored, it's not worth getting tied up over, best left to play out, but is definitely unfair on the club and fans as we're all left in limbo like a piece of driftwood clogging up the PL.

44 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I think it's fair to say they aren't "desperate" for it and aren't sat in thr wings with baited breath as there's plenty of other deals on the table of more importance, diversity of portfolio and all that. However, it's also perfectly plausible that if the deal gets the green light by some miracle then they'll be back at the table as soon as they can. It's not over until all avenues are explored, it's not worth getting tied up over, best left to play out, but is definitely unfair on the club and fans as we're all left in limbo like a piece of driftwood clogging up the PL.

Last bit is important as the Premier League failed to knock back the takeover and have played the game of kicking the ball down the road ever since. The way they have acted over this takeover is a total disgrace resulting in one of its member clubs being left hanging and that clubs support being totally messed about.

If you think you have the rights to knock a takeover back, then do it instead of this joke of a timeline without making a decision. Arbitration could then have been carried out and concluded last year. It will be 2 year (maybe longer) for the legal cases to probably play out. 2 fucking years!!!

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

The fact they are still waiting in the background waiting to complete and haven’t moved on, suggests they want this deal in this league.

How desperate they are I have no idea.

Not desperate at all.  They probably don't even think about this deal much.  If it happens, it happens.  If it doesn't, it doesn't.  Stavely is on it, out of sight, out of mind.

7 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Not desperate at all.  They probably don't even think about this deal much.  If it happens, it happens.  If it doesn't, it doesn't.  Stavely is on it, out of sight, out of mind.

Fair summary, for the record I’ve never once made out they we’re desperate as insinuated above.

My take is that it’s a long term investment opportunity for them, with the added bonus of promoting their 2030 vision.

At the moment I believe they’re quite happy sitting in background watching this play out, if a better investment opportunity came along maybe they’d take it.

However, at the minute I’m of the strong belief this is still their preferred football investment and once a path is cleared they will be back like a shot

Edited by Whitley mag

42 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Last bit is important as the Premier League failed to knock back the takeover and have played the game of kicking the ball down the road ever since. The way they have acted over this takeover is a total disgrace resulting in one of its member clubs being left hanging and that clubs support being totally messed about.

If you think you have the rights to knock a takeover back, then do it instead of this joke of a timeline without making a decision. Arbitration could then have been carried out and concluded last year. It will be 2 year (maybe longer) for the legal cases to probably play out. 2 fucking years!!!

I agree with this. I think that could be the premier leagues undo-ing really, the fact that they couldn’t make a decision meant that they clearly didn’t have the confidence in their own rules or that they couldn’t find a legitimate reason to turn it down to placate whoever it was that was lobbying against it. The consortium had every right to refuse an offer or arbitration - the same way they had every right to have the rules in regards to their ownership of the club applied fairly and in a timely matter.

We’ll see what the CAT case brings, the more I think about it, the more I think the premier leagues defence of “well they’re already taking us to court over something else” won’t really hold much water. 

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Is it Wednesday we find out how much further in to the long grass this has been kicked?

Yup. 

My guess is as long and as far as they can do so without making it too obvious that they are royally butt fucking us. 

I rate they delay it another year.

12 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Yup. 

My guess is as long and as far as they can do so without making it too obvious that they are royally butt fucking us. 

I rate they delay it another year.

It'll be next year, sometime after the other one and they'll just keep leapfrogging each other till the club suffers it's last death.

Guest reefatoon
23 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

All we need is for Amanda, Reubens, PIF and Ashley to release a statement say there wil be no takeover and they will.not continue to pursue it.

That's all we need honestly right now. 

Think I'd prefer a takeover to that option like.