PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

I eat my words😀…..from BBC……”Premier League 'abused position' in Newcastle takeover, tribunal hears”

Can you hoy a link up to it Jinky?

43 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I’d fucking love for the premier league to get royally turned over because of this. Not sure I even want to follow a team in this league anymore (I mean under Bruce I won’t have to worry, but still)

My hope is that if PIF come back with an offer less than the original bid, the Premier League should be made to make up the shortfall for being absolute arseholes.

1 minute ago, OCK said:

Safe to say that watching the CAT hearing today was probably the most thrilling entertaining most of us have had watching anything to do with Newcastle this season. 

Too true. Aside from that torturous waffling for literally over an hour from the PL's QC - who I thought came across as a total knob throughout (but then I would, wouldn't I) - it was pretty compelling. There was something very therapeutic about getting even a slither of justification for 'the takeover' living rent free in my head. As in to say, it might, might still happen - or at the very least, it's not over yet. 

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

I wonder how many people streamed the hearing? I’ll bet it was significantly higher than they usually have for hearings.

Mr Justice commented on the fact there was ‘thousands’ watching.

I imagine Ryder Limited and Another v MAN SE and Others might struggle to command such a crowd.

CAT best fans 2021

I thought CAT’s write up of one of the panel members was interesting:

”Michael Cutting

Ordinary Member

Michael Cutting was from 1988 to 2018 a competition lawyer at Linklaters LLP, including terms leading its London and global competition practices. He also served terms on the Board of Linklaters and Co-chair of the Joint Working Party on competition law of the Bar and Law Society. His experience in private practice included UK and EU merger control, cartels, abuse of dominance and utility regulation. He is also a governor of a primary school in Tottenham and is a member of the Board and management committee of Islington MIND. ”

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

This might be a thick question but how can the same company (Blackstone Chambers) be representing both us and the PL?

Adam Lewis is there and so is Nick DeMarco. It’s just really weird.

Barristers are self employed, chambers are essentially just groups of self employed barristers sharing administrative costs rather than a company that employs them.

As a person that has read this forum, rather than post for the best part of 10 years I have to say, some of the hatred and abuse to Keith is rather pathetic.

I'm no fan of the guy but it seems aside from his inflated ego, he's put his money where his mouth is and tried to action change.

Seems there are a lot of folk out there and some on here, happy to have a pop at anyone that get's of their arse and even attempts to do so.

I've just finished work here in the US, and from catching up on proceedings, it seems it went fairly well.

Who knows if it will lead to much, it does point towards the fact that much of what Keith has been saying is starting to ring true. 

Again I'm no fan boy, but he deserves some credit for starting the ball rolling. Without that initial action, we'd not even be in court yet.

Seems the world is full of bitter, jealous folk who don't like the idea of anyone else leading the way, while they mainly type 'angrily' on their keyboard.

Fingers Crossed we get the result we all want and we take the fucking Premier League down in flames, if not I'll take them throwing us out!

Anything is better than existing as a ghost ship in our current guise.

(Helmet on as I prepare to be attacked)