PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, mrmojorisin75 said:

Who was it who said it categorically had nothing to do with piracy, Staveley?

Yep and in a way it’s true it’s about separation but they only cared about separation because of the piracy.

Just now, Magpie said:

Thought the Athletic article was a bit optimistic but Caulkin retweeted it

There’s a degree of reading between the lines required. We’ve got to assume that someone is briefing everyone and they haven’t just all decided piracy issue resolved = takeover is on.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yep and in a way it’s true it’s about separation but they only cared about separation because of the piracy.

Yeah I mean it also clarifies why they've used the Saudi state as a defacto way to block to the takeover until now - basically acting on behalf a major commercial partner.  If that's honestly what it all came down to then I've gotta be honest it's hard to argue with their stance imo.  Also makes this cartel shit the laughable nonsense it always was.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Buttery smooth takeover, well done to all involved.

What was it they said? One day we’ll wake up and find the club embroiled in an 18 month legal battle with the Premier League to allow a takeover involving the most evil regime on the face of the planet? 

Edwards piece https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/06/newcastle-takeover-deal-back-saudi-buyers-clear-biggest-hurdle/

Saudi Arabia is ready to invite Mike Ashley back to the negotiating table after a major legal hurdle to the controversial Newcastle United takeover was cleared.

A potential deal could be revived quickly as BeIN, the Qatari-owned broadcaster which owns the Premier League's TV rights for the Middle East, will confirm to the Premier League that its legal dispute with Saudi has eased.

The Daily Telegraph understands there remains fierce appetite amongst the Saudi backers to buy into English top tier football - but there are lingering concerns around the £300 million price-tag previously demanded by Newcastle.

There are also said to be question marks over Amanda Staveley and PCP Capital Partners'  long-term involvement if a deal goes through. Staveley previously led on negotiations, but sources close to the potential deal claim representatives in Saudi  regret failing to take a more hands-on approach in convincing the Premier League that the nation's Public Investment Fund was fit to take over the club. It has been suggested that she would now be handed a board position on an interim basis if a deal went through.

Sources close to the broadcaster, which had warned rights values would plunge unless the row was resolved, said the pledge was "absolutely enormous for our business". Saudi's population of 40 million is rated as the biggest potential market in the Middle East and North Africa for BeIN. Saudi Arabian officials, who have maintained for months that BeIN's signals were not blocked, were contacted by the Daily Telegraph, but were unable to immediately verify the claim that its dispute with BeIN had been settled.

However, one key figure in derailing the previous takeover attempt said:  "There is now nothing legally stopping the takeover... The legal issue will be resolved; so it simply becomes a moral question for the the Premier League."

So if the takeover does now go through without arbitration and didn't solely rely on the separation of KSA and PIF does this not prove some points: 

THE PREMIER LEAGUE were swayed by people outside of their own owners and directors tests and therefore really do not want arbitration and a cat case to fully prove this 

PIF THE CONSORTIUM AND KSA knew this was the hold up in the deal and could of got this case with BEIN cleared up sooner therefore they are also at fault for the delay? 

All in all this looks like positive news but I would not get my hopes up until it's in writing on a yellow ticker on Sky Sports News!

Just now, B-more Mag said:

I mean if the PL does let this go through I will totally not complain one bit. But fuck it, like, just crumple up the entire PL rules, because they mean fucking nothing. Start using hands in games!

Aye, we never wanted to end corruption in the PL, we just wanted them to include us in said corruption. 

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

However, one key figure in derailing the previous takeover attempt said:  "There is now nothing legally stopping the takeover... The legal issue will be resolved; so it simply becomes a moral question for the the Premier League."

:lol: I mean that's fucking categorically not true.