PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

9 hours ago, geordie_b said:

When I was at SJP this evening there was loads of staff in the SW corner leaning out of the windows watching the fans

Someone I know was one of them (he’s in the media team, he put a photo on Insta of fans outside).

It must be quite liberating for them because as I understood it, they were quite restricted in what went out. Certain things, for example, had to be signed off by Charnley.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

This thread is moving at such an incredible pace that it's really hard to keep up, but does this mean that the CAT case is no longer going ahead? Obviously I don't really care either way but I've not seen or heard anything official about that?

Yeah, we've agreed to drop it and not expose all the dodgy dealings of the PL.

14 minutes ago, alexf said:

Received these messages from my spurs supporting brother in law. 

"Some serious bribing has gone into all of this. It’s an absolute joke. The premier league has turned into fifa.

Gonna be good to see Newcastle getting behind the rainbow laces campaign promoting LGBT when your owners chemically castrate or publicly whip anyone for being gay.

I wonder how the Newcastle women’s team are feeling….women aren’t even allowed to attend a football match in Saudi Arabia.

Not to mention chopping up journalists 🤦‍♂️

At least that evil man who hands out zero hour contracts has gone though 😂"

I didn't know he had that level of bitterness in him 😁 Makes me think of Cartman licking Scott Tenormans tears in South park 🤣

A simple ‘cry more’ would be a good response

Fuck. Some reason I woke up this morning hungover and thinking we were taken over by Vince McMahon. Maybe got something to do with me watching WWE last night before falling asleep and they're preparing for their Saudi PPV later this month. Played with me sleep a little and woke up thinking Vince bought us. 

Edited by nufcjb

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Seen a post on a Leicester forum yesterday “Newcastle have went from being very likeable, the big underachievers to the most disliked club in England in one day”. 

Inject it. 

Being liked is overrated theses days.

Definitely a Sunderland thing where having football friends seems to matter

Chris Waddle speaks!                    I think Steve Bruce has done a good job - that may be unpopular but I think he has. But City made a real statement when this happened to them and got a high-profile manager in Pep Guardiola, who is the best.

How many managers have they had since they were bought out?

So reflecting on an absolutely unbelievable 48 hours, just want to make 4 points.

1.  I hope Amanda is going to be the public face for the owners of NUFC.   I think that would be a shrewed move considering the uproar on Saudi involvement etc.   Also, I think she is pretty genuine when she speaks, and I like the fact that her answers aren't pre-prepared.

2. Its pretty clear that the CAT case opened the PL eyes to the risk they were facing with public disclosure if they continued to prevent the takeover.  PL is as corrupt as anything and one of my regrets is that we will not see Masters and Hoffman dragged through the mud as Im sure the CAT case will be dropped now.

3.   Ashley is an awful man and was a disaster for NUFC but he does have balls of steel and you can see why he is a billionaire.  He basically took on the PL, BEIN and Qatar state and parked his tanks and said Im not going to stop.  

4.  For the NUFC fans, reading the boards, watching the scenes at ST James, the overriding feeling, that has been missing for so long, is HOPE!    Enjoy it all, dont get bogged down with the trolls and naysayers.  14 years caused a hell of a lot of damage and it will take time but I guess that's what I am looking forward to most, watching and being a part of the repair job to make NUFC the centre point of Newcastle again!  

Edited by Awaymag

Was speaking to Keith P and Liam Kennedy in the Strawberry last night.

I know they got a lot of grief in here, but fair play to both of them. An interesting point of conversation was the PL signed this off 3 days before the takeover was announced. I think they were genuinely boxed into a corner with the CAT case by the sounds of it.

Just now, TheGuv said:

I know they got a lot of grief in here, but fair play to both of them. An interesting point of conversation was the PL signed this off 3 days before the takeover was announced. I think they were genuinely boxed into a corner with the CAT case by the sounds of it.

Ha ha - Keef would say that man.

Not like him to take credit now is it?!?

I'll always remember him saying at the start how he was a 'normal' fan who didn't want the limelight and, when this was all over, he'd fuck off into the background.

Let's hope he's true to his word tbh.

12 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Seen a post on a Leicester forum yesterday “Newcastle have went from being very likeable, the big underachievers to the most disliked club in England in one day”. 

Inject it. 

They liked us because we lost. A lot.

We weren't a threat to any of them because even when it looked like we might challenge we'd always manage to fuck it up somehow.

10 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

Chris Waddle speaks!                    I think Steve Bruce has done a good job - that may be unpopular but I think he has. But City made a real statement when this happened to them and got a high-profile manager in Pep Guardiola, who is the best.

How many managers have they had since they were bought out?

Hughes was already there, Mancini, Pellegrini and then Pep is how it went I think

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

He gets grief cos he talks shit

The "call" from the club was ridiculous and shows how genuine he was and then even recently he said it's over and other parties are interested

Anyhow, we have the takeover we wanted, it's a happy time, if people want to take credit then they can crack on

49 minutes ago, alexf said:

Received these messages from my spurs supporting brother in law. 

"Some serious bribing has gone into all of this. It’s an absolute joke. The premier league has turned into fifa.

Gonna be good to see Newcastle getting behind the rainbow laces campaign promoting LGBT when your owners chemically castrate or publicly whip anyone for being gay.

I wonder how the Newcastle women’s team are feeling….women aren’t even allowed to attend a football match in Saudi Arabia.

Not to mention chopping up journalists 🤦‍♂️

At least that evil man who hands out zero hour contracts has gone though 😂"

I didn't know he had that level of bitterness in him 😁 Makes me think of Cartman licking Scott Tenormans tears in South park 🤣

You should probably let him know they don't plan to introduce any of those practices at St. James' Park, and you cannot be held responsible for the practices of a country that live completely differently from the way you do and have for centuries, especially as you didn't ask them to buy your club, and can do nothing about it. Simple.