PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I don't care what anyone says. Ashley's legal action is what forced this through so quick. The PL's CAT QC probably went straight back to them after the hearing last week and told them to do a deal, and pronto.

Edited by Wandy

1 hour ago, Joe_F said:

Aye, fuck right off

Threatened much? This league is an oligopoly in desperate need of shaking up. Ridiculous to think that 6 of these clubs valued the brand so much they tried to leave and form their own league just to line their own pockets a few months ago. Hypocrisy at its finest! 

I genuinely didn't think I would actively enjoy the hate coming from other clubs, and yet here I am. 

I have many questions and severe doubts about the new owners, as ecstatic as I am to see ashley gone, I'm very conflicted about those incoming. That's to be expected surely? But the reaction of all these cnuts who are suddenly pearl-clutching about daily life in Riyadh for (insert who the f*ck they pretend to care about today)? Nope. Not having it.

Its ALL about competition. Fellow relegation strugglers have one less club to worry about. In time, the top 6 might have one more. Tough sh*t. Am I happy to be supporting a tool of the Saudi sportswashing F1/Boxing/whatever operation? Absolutely not. Am I bothered that it is pissing off the rest of the twats in the PL? Nope, they can go f*ck themselves.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would they protest about the brand if we’d been sold to a poor North Korean company?

We're not owned by a Saudi Arabian company, so that's a strange comparison. We're owned by Saudi Arabia itself.

13 minutes ago, Rompe said:

Can't wait for Assad to buy Watford or ISIS to buy Norwich, in this free-for-all market. Will we then see the same over the top reaction to those deals as we have to ours? I doubt it.

I think they might raise eyebrows like :lol:

8 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Staveley was right all along, Spurs... 

Fucking hate Levy, there's nobody outside of Masters and Hoffman that's more corrupt. I still reckon he arranged for the single business that was in the way of the new Spurs stadium being built to be burned down, plus he's always a complete shyster when it comes to any dealings that Spurs are involved in.

Suspicious fire at business...

Edited by Armchair Pundit

21 minutes ago, Rompe said:

Can't wait for Assad to buy Watford or ISIS to buy Norwich, in this free-for-all market. Will we then see the same over the top reaction to those deals as we have to ours? I doubt it.

Oh good. You're back. 

I think we got in just before the door was bolted and the PL change their rules. I’ve heard from reliable sources that NUST and others convinced Ashley and his team that anti competition rights and abuse of position was the route to go down, as Arbitratration wouldn’t wouldn’t win.

Seems pretty clear that we’ve had something the PL didn’t want to come out and when it was apparent they’d lose CAT that they’ve caved and said settle with Qatar and jobs a good ‘in.

Been reported that PIF paid the money by liquid funds meaning it could go through so quickly as it was more or less loose change and required little manoeuvring of funds. It’s ridiculously silly what kind of funds we have potentially come into. 

I hate Ashley but my god, I may end up giving him some redemption for his final act.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Staveley was right all along, Spurs... 

Rangers manager Gerrard would be popular with the fans and he is said to be monitoring events with a keen eye.

???

Sources have said that, during Thursday’s training session, Bruce was more hands-on than usual, perhaps in anticipation of Staveley and fellow board member Jamie Reuben arriving.

:lol: