PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

So...first of all my opinion is that there's nothing we can do about this and we should just enjoy this ride.

But

There is zero doubt that our new owners are the absolute worst people in so many ways. It's fucking wrong that these people are allowed to own major football clubs. That's a big probelm in football. Yes, other clubs have bad owners and own clubs for all the wrong reasons but make no mistake, ours are by far the worst. That's just a fact.

But

Its not our fault. Its the football authorities and goverments that have allowed the situation to come to this in modern football.

But

Dont fucking go jumping around St James' in Bin Salman mask or wave a Saudi Arabia flag. Thats fucking terrible in a 100 different ways. No, just dont. Even though its not our fault, people will give us shit. And they have the right. Dont push back and argue, cos they are in sense right. Its a small price to pay for what we're about to have.

Well said, I agree with all of this. Saying that (while knowing very little about the organisation), I also don’t want to be in a situation where everything to do with the Saudis is negative and we act like everyone associated with PIF supports the barbaric human rights abuses or that it’s all blood money etc. I don’t really buy this ‘sportswashing’ narrative AI like to keep referring to also. I feel the investment of countries like KSA, UAE and Qatar in sports has led to far more media attention on their human rights records, so I’ve learnt a lot more about them and to be honest, it’s not positive. 

At the end of the day we should neither feel guilty about the PIF investment, nor should we see them as our heroes. Like other countries they are simply investing in businesses as both mutually benefit. Staveley and the Reubens are the heroes here and I like to think that’s how this has been perceived by the fans also.  

Edited by St. Maximin

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

So...first of all my opinion is that there's nothing we can do about this and we should just enjoy this ride.

But

There is zero doubt that our new owners are the absolute worst people in so many ways. It's fucking wrong that these people are allowed to own major football clubs. That's a big probelm in football. Yes, other clubs have bad owners and own clubs for all the wrong reasons but make no mistake, ours are by far the worst. That's just a fact.

But

Its not our fault. Its the football authorities and goverments that have allowed the situation to come to this in modern football.

But

Dont fucking go jumping around St James' in Bin Salman mask or wave a Saudi Arabia flag. Thats fucking terrible in a 100 different ways. No, just dont. Even though its not our fault, people will give us shit. And they have the right. Dont push back and argue, cos they are in sense right. Its a small price to pay for what we're about to have.

Spot on mate. My thoughts exactly.

However I am also enjoying the performative outrage from a lot of people who genuinely couldn’t have given less of a shit about the state of the club, city and region to date.

Bigcartel?  Got plastic gangster wraith written all over it. 
If the new owners do have someone reading fan forums then for fuck’s sake don’t get this baldy narcissist on board. 

To be honest, and it's just how I feel, I couldn't give a monkeys either way. I'm only interested in getting back to supporting NUFC properly and enjoying football again at long last. I'm certainly not about to get on the Saudi's case, they've done me a favour - I wasn't in the habit of protesting about human rights before they bought the club, so I'm not going to start now, especially if it upsets the apple cart with the new owners. That said, that shirt is shit and it does make us look bloody small-time.

I'll never forget the way Hurst went on over the SackPardew campaign. Just a complete arsehole. 

He gets his mush on 5Live (based entirely on being the person hanging around Michael Martin when he decided he couldn't be arsed anymore) to say things like, "Why are Newcastle fans being targeted about the Saudis, nothing to do with us!" which is a fair point but not when you then print a Saudi Mags t-shirt you fucking helmet. Just makes us all look a total bunch of gormless wankers.

Spineless dickheads like him are the thing that makes me baulk most at jumping straight back in. He's hogged limelight for knocking on ten years about how badly the club was run, all the while shovelling money into Mike Ashley's pocket. Now he's all "We've done it!!!". If it had anything to do with you he'd have been here forever you fat Tory wank.

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I'll never forget the way Hurst went on over the SackPardew campaign. Just a complete arsehole. 

He gets his mush on 5Live (based entirely on being the person hanging around Michael Martin when he decided he couldn't be arsed anymore) to say things like, "Why are Newcastle fans being targeted about the Saudis, nothing to do with us!" which is a fair point but not when you then print a Saudi Mags t-shirt you fucking helmet. Just makes us all look a total bunch of gormless wankers.

Spineless dickheads like him are the thing that makes me baulk most at jumping straight back in. He's hogged limelight for knocking on ten years about how badly the club was run, all the while shovelling money into Mike Ashley's pocket. Now he's all "We've done it!!!". If it had anything to do with you he'd have been here forever you fat Tory wank.

Exactly. Nailed it :thup:

13 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Fuck sake !  what a great post. 

It was 9 out of 10 until the last 4 words.  10/10

2 hours ago, bhoywhonder said:

I genuinely didn't think I would actively enjoy the hate coming from other clubs, and yet here I am. 

I have many questions and severe doubts about the new owners, as ecstatic as I am to see ashley gone, I'm very conflicted about those incoming. That's to be expected surely? But the reaction of all these cnuts who are suddenly pearl-clutching about daily life in Riyadh for (insert who the f*ck they pretend to care about today)? Nope. Not having it.

Its ALL about competition. Fellow relegation strugglers have one less club to worry about. In time, the top 6 might have one more. Tough sh*t. Am I happy to be supporting a tool of the Saudi sportswashing F1/Boxing/whatever operation? Absolutely not. Am I bothered that it is pissing off the rest of the twats in the PL? Nope, they can go f*ck themselves.

Same. It's completely flipped my perspective on the takeover. Fuck them all. 

12 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Well said generally but the bold bit is something I've realised too. Another poster on here extremely generously offered me a ticket for the Spurs game but I declined because, let's face it, I've spent the last two and a half years with a depressing amount of resentment for a significant percentage of the matchgoing support; I don't really know how I feel atm about being back amongst it. Certainly don't think less of anyone who is going, of course, and I think it'll be a matter of days/weeks before I'm busting a gasket to be back there. But stuff like that from TF is just a reminder of the total planks in the support that I feel unsure about sharing a room (stadium) with. :laugh: Maybe I'm just on my high horse. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Well said generally but the bold bit is something I've realised too. Another poster on here extremely generously offered me a ticket for the Spurs game but I declined because, let's face it, I've spent the last two and a half years with a depressing amount of resentment for a significant percentage of the matchgoing support; I don't really know how I feel atm about being back amongst it. Certainly don't think less of anyone who is going, of course, and I think it'll be a matter of days/weeks before I'm busting a gasket to be back there. But stuff like that from TF is just a reminder of the total planks in the support that I feel unsure about sharing a room (stadium) with. :laugh: Maybe I'm just on my high horse. 

Wishing you a soft landing. #prayforYorkie

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The little weirdo Levy being the most upset kills me :lol:

He's made a complete mess of Spurs and it's dawning on him he isn't going to be able to fix it with so many other clubs coming to the forefront now, and he's got that big fancy new stadium to pay off still I presume ;D

As well as Hurst, the clip of some of the people they dredge up on Sky as fan representatives, honestly. 

I think the thing that annoys me most about it is that while these nuggets are on TV hanging around Jesmond Dene House like weird stalkers, people like @Rich @LFEE @ManDoon @Heron are completely anonymous. The effort that these lads put in over the years to make public the dissatisfaction of the support, most people wouldn't believe it (@Greg as well but he doesn't need any extra plugging). LFEE doesn't go anywhere without that fucking banner. The fucker's in Chilli Padi every night of the week, hanging around within 200 yards of the ground in case it's suddenly required. Genuine and completely unsung heroes.

Journalists picking up on that TF shite but seemingly not linking to the tweet itself, curiously...

As a sidepoint, I've realised over the last couple of days how many incredibly annoying, pseudo intellectual sports journos are about. Absolutely desperate to get their opinion out and have their sly digs like heartbroken teenagers, with little dissection as to why this might be so important to the city/region or any real attempt to get into the detail of the context from our perspective. 

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Journalists picking up on that TF shite but seemingly not linking to the tweet itself, curiously...

As a sidepoint, I've realised over the last couple of days how many incredibly annoying, pseudo intellectual sports journos are about. Absolutely desperate to get their opinion out and have their sly digs like heartbroken teenagers, with little dissection as to why this might be so important to the city/region or any real attempt to get into the detail of the context from our perspective. 

Made the mistake of engaging with one or two. Won't be bothering from now on, staying off twitter for the next few days as much possible. The Athletic in particular employs some right wanks.

Edited by ElDiablo

8 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Twats like Oliver Holt getting sly little digs in like this.

All Graves did was post the clubs video tonight.

Great stuff long may it continue, Newcastle are back hello hello

3 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Made the mistake of engaging with one or two. Won't be bothering from now on, staying off twitter for the next few days as much possible. The Athletic in particular employs some right wanks.

At the very least, give us some time to get coordinated. Being piled on for having a piss up and a party for one night ffs. I'm sure the sensible among us will make some kind of showing imminently.

Dishing it out about local reps/groups who haven't called the owners cunts yet and are likely looking to take the progressive education route instead. Their job is to do what's best for our region and building relationships is likely going to be an important part of that going forward.

Most of these couldn't give a shit about the North East a few days ago. Massaging their own egos as they complain on Twitter and then do very little about it.

16 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

At the very least, give us some time to get coordinated. Being piled on for having a piss up and a party for one night ffs. I'm sure the sensible among us will make some kind of showing imminently.

Dishing it out about local reps/groups who haven't called the owners cunts yet and are likely looking to take the progressive education route instead. Their job is to do what's best for our region and building relationships is likely going to be an important part of that going forward.

Most of these couldn't give a shit about the North East a few days ago. Massaging their own egos as they complain on Twitter and then do very little about it.

:thup: Quote tweeting something with a pithy little comment to hoover up the likes, then straight back to compliancy.