PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

40 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Not sure why them fans were trying to hum along with that the other night in any case[emoji38]

I've never been in st James' and witnessed that before ever. They must've just been so buzzing they wanted to own it [emoji38]

I suppose I just associate local hero with my Newcastle supporting life.

Blaydon races needs reverting back to the Alan price one, but the fans will only sing that at lightspeed, and ruin it 

I don't have any idea how we can ever get it sung slower again. You'd probably need a good 100 or more singing in unison slowly - whilst the others join in and spunk it off in 20 seconds, only to realise the slower group are still going through Colingwood Street.

57 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I bet members of the 'big-ish 6' will be pitching the Norwegian fund soon  - its the only wallet thats bigger isnt it?

It owned 10 percent of Juventus for a while and like 5 percent of Man Utd.

Just thinking, there is a way to make the so called Big Six feel better.

You know when the Premier League came about and the second division got called the first division and then The Championship, thus making it seem like it was a top tier league?

Well, maybe we just let the Big Six still call themselves that whilst we go by The Geet Big Ultra Super One or something. 

That should sort it. 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Despite all the dreaming and silliness (of which I’ve been sucked into of course!) we’re probably a good 500 million plus pounds, along with an exceptional operation structure, away from being a perennial Champions league contender.

I’d be more than happy if we were in a similar position to Everton in 2-3 years time (solid upper mid-table club looking to push on). It’s just nice to finally not feel like we’re going to be perpetually circling the drain.

The very fact that it could now happen, one day, means much more to me. Under Ashley it was never going to happen, not even by fluke. If it takes 10 years so be it. As long as we attempt to actually get there!

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

Quite a good well-rounded video.

Tried to watched that but stopped after 4 minutes, he's falling into the trap of making moral judgements about how fans should feel and saying that we have cognitive dissonance. 

You can't cherry pick morality, it's the same thing with the Jack Pitt-Brooke. He's saying that its not a valid argument to counter his arguments by saying that PIF invest in Starbucks, Disney etc...and that it becomes toxic but that's the point. You're saying you can't help it if PIF invest in these companies, we can't chose who buys the club. I would like to know what they would like us to do? Stop supporting Newcastle because you don't like the new owners?

21 minutes ago, 54 said:

Quite a good well-rounded video.

I don’t care if it’s pure. Nothing in life is pure and you’re fooling yourself if you think it is. As for the salary cap talk, typical diddy club internet waffle. This is a fairytale. Cinderella didn’t lead a revolution and usurp a throne, she married a prince. 

I don't think he's being judgemental at all. He repeatedly says the fans deserve the success and should enjoy it. Really it's just him stating that football is fucked and their needs to be something in place so even the likes of Norwich and Brentford could hope to one day compete at the top. Which is right. Football is completely fucked and I am glad that at least now we can compete despite how shite it is. However, it would be much better if we could somehow implement restrictions so that it would have been possible for us to have eventually won the league without needing the backing of a nation state. Which we never would have done ever without.

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

I don't think he's being judgemental at all. He repeatedly says the fans deserve the success and should enjoy it. Really it's just him stating that football is fucked and their needs to be something in place so even the likes of Norwich and Brentford could hope to one day compete at the top. Which is right. Football is completely fucked and I am glad that at least now we can compete despite how shite it is. However, it would be much better if we could somehow implement restrictions so that it would have been possible for us to have eventually won the league without needing the backing of a nation state. Which we never would have done ever without.

I agree football is fucked but why did it take the Newcastle takeover for people to start coming to this conclusion? Surely than city and Chelsea takeovers should have been a wake up call but it wasn't.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

I agree football is fucked but why did it take the Newcastle takeover for people to start coming to this conclusion? Surely than city and Chelsea takeovers should have been a wake up call but it wasn't.

I think the Super League has brought a little more into conciousness and obviously the relative wealth we're talking about is extreme in terms of our owners. It's also just becoming more and more of an issue as the years go on and the "Big Six" have made a few attempts at a kind of coup of football (both super league and project big picture). There's also that government review happening. So it's all way more relevant now than ever before.

The following is not aimed at anyone in particular.

Bringing up Uber and Disney as justification for why you don't care about who owns the club is basically you admitting that you think the club is entirely just a business like any other, and that you don't care any more about it or what it represents than Starbucks or Tesco or Unilever. 

If you do think that, then that's fine and your case is solid. If you don't think that, then you should probably stop citing them, because you look ridiculous.