PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Not sure what his PCP position is but he is their contact person on their press release. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/ae/news-releases/pif-pcp-capital-partners-and-rb-sports--media-acquire-newcastle-united-football-club-301395576.html

"Square1 Consulting advises on strategic communications and reputational protection for individuals, public & private companies and sports organisations

"David Bick, Chairman"

http://www.square1consulting.co.uk/

So Oliver Holt is quickly catching up Edwards as Newcastles journalist that loves to hate us, he has also had a massive go at both Keith Downie and Pete Graces over the last couple of days 

Worra cunt.

2 hours ago, jackmisfit said:

Been a lurker for a long while.... kind of dropped off halfway through the Ashley years. Been fun seeing/reading the new excitement though.

Anyway, had a question in regards to KSA/PIF:  All of the companies that they've invested in seem to be part of their long term investment plan for when the black gold is gone. They seem to be investing wisely as well (plus diversifiying). In regards to NUFC, while they have the overwhelming 80% ownership of the club, they aren't the sole owner. Everyone points to "sports washing", but instead of sports washing, why isn't anyone bringing up the idea that this was just another smart investment by the PIF? They're probably going to turn NUFC into a multi billion dollar valued club over the next decade... taking a 240 million purchase and possibly turning it into a 1.4 billion share (both at 80% of sell and est value of 1.75).

I get the angst and anger of this purchase, but if KSA wanted to attempt to sports wash, why not buy a London team? Or a team with top world (current) name value? Seems like NUFC and Newcastle hit a couple of sweet spots with KSA... price point, fan base, port city, and plenty of opportunity.

Sorry for the long wind, just seems like a point that I've not read about yet... or has been buried in the avalanche of sports washing.

Would be the most Newcastle thing ever to end up with the most financially prudent of bloodthirsty tyrants in charge of the club like :lol:

You've got a good point though, every man and his dog including non-Newcastle fans seem to think they know the nature of this regime and what its plans will be. This generally involves spunking unfathomable amounts at glamorous, exciting footballers in the hope of making genocide look sexy.

Let's just see how this plays out first- the consortium themselves have talked about steady progress, and first things first before the club can make any meaningful progress they've got a right fucking job on putting basic infrastructure in place. By which I don't mean physical infrastructure like buildings and ice baths, but the people that it takes to run a football club properly and not a skeleton staff. It's going to take time to turn this club around.

I see Mehdrad’s call for patience has been taken on board.

That Burnsie cunt has been going on like a spoilt brat on Twitter over Bruce being sacked.

Just fucking savour the occasion on Sunday it matters not a jot if he’s there or not. It’s all about the big picture and he won’t be employed much longer.

I’ve never been so relaxed or confident in our future it feels fucking great.

Normally I'd subscribe to this kind of post, but fuck me I am absolutely desperate for Bruce to get the push beforehand and not get to enjoy even 1 second of the atmosphere on Sunday, especially moreso it being his 1000th game. 

Secondly, I just want to watch the game with that buzz that only St James has, won't be getting that with him in the dugout. 

There’s a fair chance we win on Sunday because of the occasion DESPITE Bruce. No dusting doon. No sleeves rolled up. Just celebrating 3 points and some wanker winning his 1,00th game

in charge. These aren’t daft they’re not getting blindsided by Bruceball and his demise will be soon after.  

44 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This is a fucking great read, we should use Sunday to rub Levy’s fucking nose in it.

Love it, and the fact that they know that they're shittng themsevles that the revenue will go shooting up also. Fucking bricking it, and I liked also, that the other clubs are finding the fuming of the so called top clubs amusing

Edited by et tu brute