PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Considering the uproar, I'll be very interested to see how transfer negotiations go with PL clubs. Could be quite a struggle until the anger dies down; asking prices will be astronomical by default.

Just now, wormy said:

Considering the uproar, I'll be very interested to see how transfer negotiations go with PL clubs. Could be quite a struggle until the anger dies down; asking prices will be astronomical by default.

Just buy from everywhere but.

1 hour ago, Footy with Uti said:

Morning lads, not a supporter myself but made a video about the takeover and would love to hear the thoughts of actual Newcastle United fans more than anyone else in case I'm missing something + to expand on my own knowledge (the most important aspect for me). Link here in case you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSRCVB6y5RE

PS: Please do delete mods if this isn't the place to be posting about it. 

okay, so watched the video. Think you could have painted the picture better about why Ashley was hated here. Wasn’t really described in chronological order and there were things missing, though I appreciate it was a fairly long video, you’re a new YouTuber, and English isn’t your first language. There were a number of slight factual in accuracies in the video too. For example, there wasn’t really a change of ethos for Chelsea under Frank Lampard, it was something that was forced up on them due to the transfer ban. Perhaps I’m being slightly nit picky but I’m just trying to help. Overall I thought your video was and actually well intentioned.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If that's true I think some need to temper our expectations a little.  They won't be lashing cash around (especially to us) if they have bigger clubs in their portfolio.

Edited by Sima

Just now, Sima said:

If that's true I think we need to temper our expectations a little.  They won't be lashing cash around (especially to us) if they have bigger clubs in their portfolio.

Bigger maybe in terms of titles and trophies, especially in recent history, but the Premier League is where the riches lie. The TV deal, sponsorships, audiences all dwarf Serie A. If they want to either make money, or do their ‘sportswashing’, then Newcastle will undoubtedly be the ‘top’ club. 

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

If that's true I think some need to temper our expectations a little.  They won't be lashing cash around (especially to us) if they have bigger clubs in their portfolio.

Nah, they'll be buying it as a feeder club.

Send Kane out on loan there to keep him match fit incase Mbappe gets injured. Would be harsh on Haaland if we were to put him in the reserves just so Kane can take his spot on the bench.

Edited by TBG

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Iranian owner 

A British-Iranian who left after the revolution in 1979 is extremely unlikely to be contesting the deal based on any loyalty to the Islamic Republic and their relationship with Saudi Arabia.

It's pure self interest of having another competitor after spending millions to break the top 4. 

Edited by ponsaelius

7 minutes ago, Sima said:

Amazing how quickly (some) people look on the down-side of everything, even things that have not happened, automatically 'imagining' an unlikely worst-case scenario.

Plus, they’ve been in financial difficulties for the last few years (hence the continued rumours of a takeover and selling off best players like Lukaku). Unlike ourselves, no firm bid has ever been reported in that time, when a takeover would’ve been easily passed compared to our own. 

Wow, we really are damaged as a fan base.  Ashley has really done a number on us.   This time last week, it broke that Saudi and Bein had kissed and made up.  7 days ago and now NUFC fans are clamouring for Bruce to be sacked,  complaining that Lampard may be the new manager, wanting Ragnick as DOF even though most hadn't heard of him and now its over with PIF as a paper has put out they may be interested in Milan.

Ignore the papers, the last 18 months have proved that they dont know shit and will fling anything and any name hoping it will stick.

Just enjoy the new ride with destination and timeline unknown!   Its got to be better than the Ashley ride!