PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

The one thing I find crazy in this whole thing is how everyone is taking it forgranted that we are going to be one of the dominant teams in the league. Klopp says it there, but also I remember on TalkSport someone suggested we might sign Kane in the summer and they took it seriously. Someone even basically said it's a big 5, with Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. It's just insane when you hear it. I hope it ends up being true.

If they invest like I imagine they will do, it’s inevitable really like it was with Chelsea and then Man City, that we will become an elite club with success to come.

3 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Pretty sure there was a graphic like this before where we hadn't even spent that much, and it was 10 times less Norwich where we'd only spent about 800K rather than 8m. 

Essentially just enough to pay the water and electric bills and sod all else

Guest neesy111

People should really read articles or watch videos before actually making comments on them.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Klopp said there.

Edited by neesy111

I'm massively leaning towards the opinion that we'll build up gradually like Leicester but mostly everyone seems to think we're going to go absolutely crackers.  Particularly those within the game themselves.

Have they been tipped off as to our intentions or are they just painting a worst-case scenario?

6 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

First questions at Rafa's press conference naturally about us 

And still manages to show more class and professionalism in one question than our 'manager' has in two and a bit years

26 minutes ago, Sima said:

I'm massively leaning towards the opinion that we'll build up gradually like Leicester but mostly everyone seems to think we're going to go absolutely crackers.  Particularly those within the game themselves.

Have they been tipped off as to our intentions or are they just painting a worst-case scenario?

They will know as much as us at the minute. 

I've only ever seen those 'within the game' being completely right once....and that was Phil Thompson on Jose Enrique transfer. Could have been a guess, but he was pretty much spot on with it. 

Given the average intelligence of the usual suspects it'll be a case of he said, she said, but he said, then they said, but someone else said so it must be true

Guest reefatoon

Aye,  and that’s exactly how you conduct yourself in a press conference. Bet he never mentioned anyone needing a slap.

Finding the likes of Spurs & Leeds crying off to the Premier League at the minute to make sure we stay within FFP and worrying about it being anti-competition, etc. hilarious.

Where were they the last 14 years when our commercial income went from on a par with Spurs to about half in the Ashley reign? Were they wanting meetings to discuss how he wasn’t growing Newcastle in line with where we were and should be to ensure fair competition.

Maybe if they had, there wouldn’t have been the need for this takeover and we’d have been on a more even footing, instead of having the potential to leave them in our dust now? Fuck the lot of them.

You see it with Burnley now. Their takeover is awful but because they’re not a threat the other 19 don’t care less. I bet if further down the line someone pumps in a shitload of money and threatens to spend huge, they’d sharp go running to the Premier League.

Edited by Optimistic Nut