PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I sort of am with @Rosenrot here tbh. Newcastle fans have never had the appetite for mass protest or mass boycotts. I've protested when possible and not been to SJP since May 2019 but I'm thinking that everything about the club at this point, including protesting/boycotting on top of everything else, is totally pointless. On top of that I generally resent the discussion on matchgoing fans on here, it's toxic as fuck and achieves nothing. Part of the reason why I've attempted self imposed exiles from here, which haven't lasted long. :lol:

But I miss going so much. I'd not go back whilst Bruce is in charge but replace him with someone like Howe and I'd think about it though. 

13 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

The best comparison is with Manchester United. Their fans hate the Glazers but what can they do? They tried to protest, nothing really made a difference, so it fizzles out, and Old Trafford remains full.

They stormed the pitch, got the game called off and then got Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo. 

West Ham did the same and look at them.

Just now, Slim said:

They stormed the pitch, got the game called off and then got Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo. 

That was a short-term protest against the super league. The Glazers remain in charge and they're still hated.

You cannot expect people to risk arrest/their jobs for what is ultimately a futile endeavour. Ashley will sell when he sells.

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Aye, but i fear if we did it, it would make Ashley even more vindictive that ever. There's no way he would react the way the other two clubs did by spending, not a chance imo.

We should still do it mind. to show just horrendous the man is.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

You deffo would be ratting out the Jews in Germany instead of trying to help things change.

1. I am Jewish so that's unlikely.
  2. What a ridiculous comparison. You cannot compare the holocaust to Ashley's ownership of NUFC FFS.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Empty stadium and he’s gone , it really is and always has been that simple imo 

There will never be an empty stadium and its unrealistic to expect that. There will always be parents wanting to take their excited kids, there will always be people who have been every week for 60 years, and there will always be people who just don't care.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Empty stadium and he’s gone , it really is and always has been that simple imo 

Probably yeah, but there's never going to be appetite for that at any club whilst they're in the PL, plus it's been empty for around 18 months and he's still here.

7 minutes ago, Slim said:

You deffo would be ratting out the Jews in Germany instead of trying to help things change.

What a disgusting comparison that is. 

Edit : just seen you've aimed it at someone jewish as well. 

Edited by Joey Linton

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

What a disgusting comparison that is. 

Edit : just seen you've aimed it at someone jewish as well. 

Didn't know he was Jewish.  

Was just trying to imply he's a scab.  Sorry for any offence caused.  

If it helps I also hate Hitler and genocide so least got that in common.

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Didn't know he was Jewish.  

Was just trying to imply he's a scab.  Sorry for any offence caused.  

If it helps I also hate Hitler and genocide so least got that in common.

Bit of a gap between scab and nazi collaborator like

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Within reason then if it drops to 15/20k consistently that will be enough. I wasn’t really commenting on whether it would happen. Tbf when I went to black pool there was literally no one in their stadium it was outnumbered by away fans. It can be done 

That may be so but each fan will have their own individual reasons for wanting to go to a match. Like I said, I boycotted for many years and it achieved nothing.  By this point I think it's unfair to criticise fans for going to matches because we all have seen the futileness of it all.

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Yet you've still opted not to delete it. 

Thought as it was quoted it would be pointless.

Sorry don't really know how forums work.

EDIT.

Ah see I did delete it and its still there.

Edited by Slim

Just now, ManDoon said:

I disagree, but that’s fine it’s nothing personal. I think if you go you kind of forfeit the right to complain about it. That’s my opinion on it.

Regardless of protests, I don’t personally understand why people would pay Mike Ashley for the right to treat you, and the city like shit. I don’t understand that. Personally I’m desperate to go I’ve wanted a season ticket since I was like 5.

In my circumstance my Dad bought two season tickets this season in case the takeover went through and they became hard to get hold of. I laughed at him but I'm happy to use them for the time being. I personally wouldn't pay to go but at this point I don't blame those who do.

1 minute ago, Robster said:

I could understand a full house if we were spending like Man Utd but to still get massive crowds given what NUFC are serving up beggars belief.

It shows how much potential the club has though when you consider the amount of passionate people who no longer go to games and yet the stadium is still full.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I’ve said it a few times but I’d love to see the attendances if we were not in the city center. It would drop dramatically imo 

We’re a one club major city too. A good number of tourists and weekend away-ers most weeks, just going for the experience. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

I find the cartel thing really cringey honestly but he is allowed to sell to other buyers, which he isn’t and won’t. He can also still buy players, the PL isn’t blocking that. He can change the manager. 

If you had a buyer for your house fee agreed but liked in a chain would you decorate it waiting for the deal to go through 

4 minutes ago, Waddles mullet said:

Never ever going to get an empty stadium, people are being stupid to suggest it. Problem is now all protests should be against the premier league, for once fatty is a willing seller he found a willing buyer but was blocked by the cartel. 

He could set a realistic asking price and not add in ridiculous contract clauses which prices out the many other willing buyers which would be around.

This post (plus the millions in free money he got from the PIF deposit) is the exact reason Ashley will continue with CAT action, regardless of the possibility of it succeeding. 

He gets a free ride, again. 

34 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Probably yeah, but there's never going to be appetite for that at any club whilst they're in the PL, plus it's been empty for around 18 months and he's still here.

It’s whether it’s because of income or the PR. As long as the stadium is at least half full they can spin the issue as bring made up by a vocal minority. The 10k dished out lets you know it’s not a case of not being bothered. I’m inclined to think it’s a case of the latter. Every club has had empty grounds over 18 months but if you are the only one after that for non Covid reasons it’s a different picture.

It’s an academic exercise at this point as there’s no sufficient will or means of effective organisation but ultimately Ashley only speaks in the currency of cash and customers. Appealing to the right thing or deference to knowledge or heritage, which is what critics have tried and failed to do, is folly and the road to continued madness.

Edited by Darth Crooks