PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, Waddles mullet said:

If you had a buyer for your house fee agreed but liked in a chain would you decorate it waiting for the deal to go through 

In this example though, the buyer is unable to buy the house because their mortgage was refused.

Would you wait 2-3 years for them to try and find a solution, or put it back on the market?

22 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Empty stadium and he’s gone , it really is and always has been that simple imo 

Can’t even make an effort to miss one sky game when they can still see the match. It would make big headlines and get the main line media talking, but a pint with the lads, not disappointing the kids, I’m an super über loyal fan, are the excuses made. Before I stopped going I would back my attendance level against the vast majority home and away, so imo the excuses made are bollocks. The match goers cannot or point blank refuse to see the bigger picture, even as I said for one game - fuck them.

The fans, non attending and attending want Ashley out, Ashley wants out. Whether you attend or not doesn’t change this, when Ashley was pissing about about wanting out there’s perhaps an argument. Ashley has said there’s never been another serious bid and that may well be true.

The attending fans can play a big part in making Bruce’s time here even more uncomfortable. I’ve wanted to see us relegated in the past in the hope it’d force Ashley to sell, we now need need to survive to attract potential buyers.

We really are in the worst of every world. Ashley isn’t going to change how he runs the club, fans or no fans. If he declares it’s no longer for sale and it becomes apparent that he’s pissing about with serious buyers then that’s a different matter.

In the meantime we need Bruce out and we need to stay up. Somewhere along the line we really do need to know what stopped the takeover. If the only outcome is that Ashley gets some compensation, I hope he takes whoever it is to the cleaners. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

The fans, non attending and attending want Ashley out, Ashley wants out. Whether you attend or not doesn’t change this, when Ashley was pissing about about wanting out there’s perhaps an argument. Ashley has said there’s never been another serious bid and that may well be true.

The attending fans can play a big part in making Bruce’s time here even more uncomfortable. I’ve wanted to see us relegated in the past in the hope it’d force Ashley to sell, we now need need to survive to attract potential buyers.

We really are in the worst of every world. Ashley isn’t going to change how he runs the club, fans or no fans. If he declares it’s no longer for sale and it becomes apparent that he’s pissing about with serious buyers then that’s a different matter.

In the meantime we need Bruce out and we need to stay up. Somewhere along the line we really do need to know what stopped the takeover. If the only outcome is that Ashley gets some compensation, I hope he takes whoever it is to the cleaners. 

:lol: Like he has done for the past 14 years?

The attending fans did a great job of making it uncomfortable for Bruce, until ASM scored and they forgot all about it again.

They also did a great job of putting money in Ashley’s pocket watching the match in their new match shirts, eating their pies and paying for their tickets. 

Great contribution.

Having no fans in the stadium doesn’t get Ashley unless there’s a serious buyer and he’s pissing about. He wants out, you could argue that by giving free tickets out to fill the ground makes us look an attractive buy. He’s more or less said the club need to survive without him. The last thing I’d want is for some chancer, without a pot to piss in, get to buy us when we’re loitering in The Championship. We’re basically fucked at this moment in time, pointing the finger at fans isn’t the answer.

21 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He could set a realistic asking price and not add in ridiculous contract clauses which prices out the many other willing buyers which would be around.

This post (plus the millions in free money he got from the PIF deposit) is the exact reason Ashley will continue with CAT action, regardless of the possibility of it succeeding. 

He gets a free ride, again. 

NUFC costs him nothing year on year, but the additional 50m sale price plus potential opportunities of selling to PIF, assuming it gives him/SD an "in" to an overseas market, is significant. Why would he not wait a year or 2 to see what happens with the legal action - the PIF deposit essentially pays for it.

2 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

NUFC costs him nothing year on year, but the additional 50m sale price plus potential opportunities of selling to PIF, assuming it gives him/SD an "in" to an overseas market, is significant. Why would he not wait a year or 2 to see what happens with the legal action - the PIF deposit essentially pays for it.

It makes perfect sense for Ashley. We all know that.

It’s killing the club though and putting us at significant risk of relegation. After 14 years of pissing around with every other buyer.

1 hour ago, Waddles mullet said:

It’s over valued by at least 10% 

Not really unless you think Crystal Palace are a bigger club.

They may have the London premium, but not convinced that carries as much weight in their instance due to support and ground being 2nd rate at best.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/11/crystal-palace-sell-875m-stake-to-us-businessman-john-textor