PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, HTT II said:

They are not going to intervene, but they are fully in support of the Saudis I know that much, but can’t be seen to be advocating or getting involved, in public anyway.

I'm clinging to that idea too. To be honest, I think the PL want it too, but are so far deeply in the pocket of the dirty six that they have to be seen to be challenging it. Hopefully they know there is no legal chance of this being stopped and can therefore go back to the six and say "we tried".

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'm clinging to that idea too. To be honest, I think the PL want it too, but are so far deeply in the pocket of the dirty six that they have to be seen to be challenging it. Hopefully they know there is no legal chance of this being stopped and can therefore go back to the six and say "we tried".

The PL is run by a cartel to use someone else’s phrase and those individuals don’t want it because their paymasters don’t. Remove that cartel and bring in people who function for the greater of the game and they’d love Saudi investment. 

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Lot of money to be spending mind if they want it. Sorry I disagree I think it’s the exact opposite and the Premier League are dead against it.

10 minutes ago, Wandy said:

This is my hope aswell. The decision is taken out of there hands so they can say it wasn't there decision. Win win

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Lot of money to be spending mind if they want it. Sorry I disagree I think it’s the exact opposite and the Premier League are dead against it.

Aye maybe.

But like I say, it may be that they have no choice but to go down this route, what with the six having so much control, and added to all of the piracy stuff that has gone on over the years.

Guest HTT II

My own opinion is that AS is so invested and entrenched in this that even if the Saudis walk away, she will be back with other investors because she knows the value of an asset like NUFC, just a shame Ashley doesn’t. Sadly I do think for Ashley, it’s the Saudis or no-one which can also be seen as a good thing right now in that he’s as desperate to make this happen as we are. If it doesn’t, however, I can see another 15 years plus of the same shite with him still the owner but basically absent or he will sell to some shady hedge fund group who will bankrupt the club. For me if the takeover doesn’t happen soon, I don’t think I’ll even be motivated to post on here anymore such will be my total and 100% divorce from all things NUFC. As it is it’s this place that’s the only thing keeping me involved right now. 

Edited by HTT II

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Aye maybe.

But like I say, it may be that they have no choice but to go down this route, what with the six having so much control, and added to all of the piracy stuff that has gone on over the years.

Just don’t think you fork out massive sums to fight legal costs for something you want to pass through. 

36 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I completely disagree with that. They backed out once the government warned them of the legislation that they would be hit with. And they knew that the government were not bluffing either.

If the ESL wasn't totally amateur and disjointed, it would have happened, I'm convinced of that. And convinced also that it'll be tried again unless meaningful safeguards are imposed to prevent it. 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My own opinion is that AS is so invested and entrenched in this that even if the Saudis walk away, she will be back with other investors because she knows the value of an asset like NUFC, just a shame Ashley doesn’t. Sadly I do think for Ashley, it’s the Saudis or no-one which can also be seen as a good thing right now in that he’s as desperate to make this happen as we are. If it doesn’t, however, I can see another 15 years plus of the same shite with him still the owner but basically absent or he will sell to some shady hedge fund group who will bankrupt the club. For me if the takeover doesn’t happen soon, I don’t think I’ll even be motivated to post on here anymore such will be my total and 100% divorce from all things NUFC. As it is it’s this place that’s the only thing keeping me involved right now. 

If Ashley denies me the opportunity to pretend your food looks like shit I'll never forgive him.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Mike said:

If Ashley denies me the opportunity to pretend your food looks like shit I'll never forgive him.

Ah Mike man you’ve made my day :love:

It seems a lot of people are preparing to divorce themselves from NUFC and the game itself if this does not go through, so I wonder how SJP crowds will be reflected by that, bearing in mind that, very often, social media is not an accurate representation of the "real world".

Considering that we had already lost 10,000 paying customers in the previous "normal season" I think that the club might lose another couple of thousand at most. But that still means Ashley will have to find a way of filling 12,000 empty seats.

One thing is for certain though, the atmosphere at SJP will be even more subdued than it has ever been.

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Just don’t think you fork out massive sums to fight legal costs for something you want to pass through. 

Won't their insurers be paying for it?

48 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It seems a lot of people are preparing to divorce themselves from NUFC and the game itself if this does not go through, so I wonder how SJP crowds will be reflected by that, bearing in mind that, very often, social media is not an accurate representation of the "real world".

Considering that we had already lost 10,000 paying customers in the previous "normal season" I think that the club might lose another couple of thousand at most. But that still means Ashley will have to find a way of filling 12,000 empty seats.

One thing is for certain though, the atmosphere at SJP will be even more subdued than it has ever been.

Roughly, we currently have 25K season tickets…… 

Who’d have thought letting Rafa walk away and replacing him with this buffoon wouldn’t have big consequences!

I know a few lads that totally divorce themselves from all the chatter about nufc and just attend games, these will will not be affected no matter what happens.

40 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How can they be real supporters? Sorry for going there, but that’s just weird, makes us just a hobby.

Because their only possible alternative is to be dragged around Primark by their wives, who they hate, apparently 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Guest HTT II
41 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How can they be real supporters? Sorry for going there, but that’s just weird, makes us just a hobby.

Better than shopping with the missus on a Saturday at the Metty though…

16 hours ago, Wandy said:

As has been pointed out, the government simply do not care enough about the North East to intervene, and risk the wrath of the national media for allowing those nasty Saudis into the game.

Why would they do anything that might lead to a jump in popularity for a Labour MP?