PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

None of them were bothered about The Spirts Direct Arena of that tatty advertising all over the stadium from our previous owner though….

Oh yeah, party related sponsorship is sound as long as the other PL clubs think the offending club is getting £10 and a curly wurly.

Edited by NE27

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Whatever the top sponsorship deal is, surely we will be allowed to match it?

You would think (plus an amount for deal inflation since it was signed), but im guessing not.

Would be a very dangerous path for the league to dictate who and for how much clubs can do deals with

Edited by geordie_b

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I mean I can’t see how this is legal unless teams like Leicester and Man City have to remove their current owner-based sponsorship arrangements.

Anti competitive, as Charnley allegedly pointed out. It’s impossible for some clubs to have these sponsorship deals currently in place, but then refuse to let another club have a similar deal from this point in time onwards. Methinks DeMarco might be earning some more money in the very near future…

We love hoying the anti competitive accusation about like! Mind you, we have every right.

As said, be interesting to see if Leicester change the name of their ground and shirt sponsor. Fucking laughable if not. 

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Why the hell is this a "1-month" thing? This makes my blood boil because it's so fucking bent. It's reactionary response less than 10 games into a season? Fuck right off. 

It's temporary until they get more rules in place.

Bearing in mind whatever leverage the consortium's legal team had to cause the takeover to get pushed through so quickly, I have to say I actually have a half glass full feeling in that there's a reasonable chance this won't stick. Too much hypocrisy to not use as leverage. 

Massive can of worms tbh

Are Arsenal allowed to continue with the Emirates cup?

Are Liverpool allowed to play lucrative games at Fenway Park?

Will Tottenham have to get rid of their NFL partnership as the Glazers have an interest in the NFL?

The smaller clubs are already going to get shafted by the ban on betting sponsors. Clubs have to be allowed to make money how they want and at a fair market rate

Edited by geordie_b