Jump to content

OFFICIAL: PIF, PCP, & RB COMPLETE TAKEOVER OF NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB


Recommended Posts

Just now, neesy111 said:

Both sides had issues with disclosure which is alarming.

Nick wants shot to shit considering how much time the fucker spent getting fans worked up on twitter. Had he spent the same amount of time on the case we might have a different outcome today.

 

Fucking smug masters cunt loving his work tonight. Will be grinning ear to ear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disclosure's a complicated thing Shell made a thread on it from a personal capacity, isn't gospel but valuable

 

 

 

For the best to not rest our hopes on this particular bid now

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Both sides had issues with disclosure which is alarming.

 

Where did this come from? I have saw the tweet linked to PCP earlier, but they have clearly said that they were not part of the arbitration so NUFC would have had to have provided an update to infer the EPL have delayed this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Nick wants shot to shit considering how much time the fucker spent getting fans worked up on twitter. Had he spent the same amount of time on the case we might have a different outcome today.

 

Fucking smug masters cunt loving his work tonight. Will be grinning ear to ear. 

People were told time and again his tweets meant fuck all. If anyone read in too much in to his tweets then that’s on them tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites

Article's been updated https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/19/newcastle-uniteds-takeover-arbitration-hearing-postponed-2022/

 

The delay has been caused by issues of disclosure of information on both sides of the legal argument, but will come as an enormous frustration to supporters who remain desperate for the takeover to go through.

 

Neither the buyers, whose legal challenge has been led by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, or the Premier League were willing to provide all of the relevant information needed for the panel to make a decision, forcing the adjournment.

 

That would suggest that the Saudi Arabian government has not helped Ashley win the case by providing the information asked for by the Premier League last summer when the takeover collapsed.

 

In turn, the Premier League have also not been forthcoming with information requested, making the adjournment inevitable. As a result, blame can be attached to both sides, with the club trapped in purgatory while this drawn out process continues.

 

The alternative option for Ashley is to sell the club to another interested party and it is thought that is an option currently under consideration.

 

Telegraph Sport also understands that both sides have known for some time that the hearing would be adjourned because of the lack of evidence provided, which raises questions as to why Newcastle have failed to carry out any transfer business since the players returned to pre-season training a fortnight ago.

 

It is also thought parties who have previously expressed an interest in buying the club, but who had been deterred by PIF’s very public bid, are likely to test Ashley’s resolve to sell to them given the myriad of problems he has faced in getting the deal through the Premier League’s Owners and Directors Test.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On thing we have to remember, the CAT is not weighing in the PLs favour( like the arbitration is) and there is only so much kicking the can down the road a judge will take be before he works out the PL are taking the piss, the PL had to submit evidence last Monday so hopefully we will hear something in the next week or so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nbthree3 said:

Article's been updated https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/19/newcastle-uniteds-takeover-arbitration-hearing-postponed-2022/

 

The delay has been caused by issues of disclosure of information on both sides of the legal argument, but will come as an enormous frustration to supporters who remain desperate for the takeover to go through.

 

Neither the buyers, whose legal challenge has been led by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, or the Premier League were willing to provide all of the relevant information needed for the panel to make a decision, forcing the adjournment.

 

That would suggest that the Saudi Arabian government has not helped Ashley win the case by providing the information asked for by the Premier League last summer when the takeover collapsed.

 

In turn, the Premier League have also not been forthcoming with information requested, making the adjournment inevitable. As a result, blame can be attached to both sides, with the club trapped in purgatory while this drawn out process continues.

 

The alternative option for Ashley is to sell the club to another interested party and it is thought that is an option currently under consideration.

 

Telegraph Sport also understands that both sides have known for some time that the hearing would be adjourned because of the lack of evidence provided, which raises questions as to why Newcastle have failed to carry out any transfer business since the players returned to pre-season training a fortnight ago.

 

It is also thought parties who have previously expressed an interest in buying the club, but who had been deterred by PIF’s very public bid, are likely to test Ashley’s resolve to sell to them given the myriad of problems he has faced in getting the deal through the Premier League’s Owners and Directors Test.

 

Top effort from Edwards, getting that out with one hand so quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Article's been updated https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/19/newcastle-uniteds-takeover-arbitration-hearing-postponed-2022/

 

The delay has been caused by issues of disclosure of information on both sides of the legal argument, but will come as an enormous frustration to supporters who remain desperate for the takeover to go through.

 

Neither the buyers, whose legal challenge has been led by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, or the Premier League were willing to provide all of the relevant information needed for the panel to make a decision, forcing the adjournment.

 

That would suggest that the Saudi Arabian government has not helped Ashley win the case by providing the information asked for by the Premier League last summer when the takeover collapsed.

 

In turn, the Premier League have also not been forthcoming with information requested, making the adjournment inevitable. As a result, blame can be attached to both sides, with the club trapped in purgatory while this drawn out process continues.

 

The alternative option for Ashley is to sell the club to another interested party and it is thought that is an option currently under consideration.

 

Telegraph Sport also understands that both sides have known for some time that the hearing would be adjourned because of the lack of evidence provided, which raises questions as to why Newcastle have failed to carry out any transfer business since the players returned to pre-season training a fortnight ago.

 

It is also thought parties who have previously expressed an interest in buying the club, but who had been deterred by PIF’s very public bid, are likely to test Ashley’s resolve to sell to them given the myriad of problems he has faced in getting the deal through the Premier League’s Owners and Directors Test.

 

This has no merit whatsoever, everyone knows if the takeover was of a top six club it would be done in 22 days just like Man City 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Both sides had issues with disclosure which is alarming.


Aye. As much as we don’t want it to be true, both sides are playing games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Article's been updated https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/19/newcastle-uniteds-takeover-arbitration-hearing-postponed-2022/

 

The delay has been caused by issues of disclosure of information on both sides of the legal argument, but will come as an enormous frustration to supporters who remain desperate for the takeover to go through.

 

Neither the buyers, whose legal challenge has been led by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, or the Premier League were willing to provide all of the relevant information needed for the panel to make a decision, forcing the adjournment.

 

That would suggest that the Saudi Arabian government has not helped Ashley win the case by providing the information asked for by the Premier League last summer when the takeover collapsed.

 

In turn, the Premier League have also not been forthcoming with information requested, making the adjournment inevitable. As a result, blame can be attached to both sides, with the club trapped in purgatory while this drawn out process continues.

 

The alternative option for Ashley is to sell the club to another interested party and it is thought that is an option currently under consideration.

 

Telegraph Sport also understands that both sides have known for some time that the hearing would be adjourned because of the lack of evidence provided, which raises questions as to why Newcastle have failed to carry out any transfer business since the players returned to pre-season training a fortnight ago.

 

It is also thought parties who have previously expressed an interest in buying the club, but who had been deterred by PIF’s very public bid, are likely to test Ashley’s resolve to sell to them given the myriad of problems he has faced in getting the deal through the Premier League’s Owners and Directors Test.

So what was the point of both parties going for arbitration, which was preferred by the Premier league only for themselves and NUFC to not disclose their information properly??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sima said:


Aye. As much as we don’t want it to be true, both sides are playing games.

People have had far too much faith in the noise this past fortnight, without ever questioning it sufficiently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One surprise in all this is how fucking raging I am at this but I also know it's the last flicker of care I have for the club and It's about to go out. Weird emotions right now. Certainly a bigger kick in the balls than last Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the arbitration process, which she has pleaded is made public, Staveley added: "I can’t talk about the actual arbitration process as I’m not privy to it but I can tell you all of the questions the Premier League presented to us were absolutely answered in an incredibly quick and timely manner.”

 

Club challenge to get the consortium passed. I think it's based on suspicion Ghodoussi's tweet because I don't see how they'd know. Jamie Reuben retweeted a Mark Douglas tweet on transparency just before as well, similar boat

 

 

Edited by nbthree3

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to OFFICIAL: PIF, PCP, & RB COMPLETE TAKEOVER OF NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
  • Beren changed the title to Takeover Thread - SSN: Takeover is complete

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...