OFFICIAL: PIF, PCP, & RB COMPLETE TAKEOVER OF NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Got to wonder where De Marco got his title of the messi of sports lawyers from as well if the reports on not having evidence ready are true. 

He will be gutted he ever got involved with our Circus like.

Would be us to spoil his record. And just our luck too. 

5 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

And what if the impasse from both sides that exists now still exists then? 

don’t know because I am not a lawyer  or involved in cichlids cases. 

Just now, Joey Linton said:

No problem. Just wondered what the end game is if they never agree. 

At some point courts will just base their decisions around non-disclosure = guilt

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Bloody awful update, like. 

Look forward to being kept completely in the dark as to why this has come to pass. 

Any legal eagles have any clue as to how this is anything other than a pisstake? @B-more Mag (soz)? 

Hey ho. Another season of Bruce. 

The club's statement is so vague it's impossible to know what's going on with any level of confidence. Super frustrating.

11 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

But both parties are said to be not disclosing? 

According to Jacobs and Edwards seen nothing official to confirm this. Just two people who are putting something out for something which is private and confidential as per the Premier League process.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

According to Jacobs and Edwards seen nothing official to confirm this. Just two people who are putting something out for something which is private and confidential as per the Premier League process.

It's confidential, theres no way anyone, including Jacobs and Edwards could know who was responsible for the delay.

4 hours ago, STM said:

Wheres Whitley Mag? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

4 hours ago, STM said:

Where is the positive optimism thread?

So the takeover gets screwed with time wasting tactics once again and your first response is to want to wind someone up and get some "I told you so"'s laid out in black and white. Any normal supporter would be raging with the PL right about now and probably quite distraught at the thought of at least another full season of the 4 Steve's of the apocalypse and no owner.

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

It's confidential, theres no way anyone, including Jacobs and Edwards could know who was responsible for the delay.

Where does the tweet from Staveley’s husband fit into that? 

I was never confident that arbitration was the way we were going to win this. My posts will back this up, the CAT case holds more weight because it’s a higher power that can make a judgement against the PL if we win. Arbitration is an in-house farce that was always stacked against us.

I felt it was a bad thing that the arbitration case was going first because a ruling against us there might have influenced proceedings in the CAT case as their uploaded documents show that they have considered the similarities between both cases.

If anything, I wouldn’t put it past the club’s legal team to have created this delay so that CAT could go first, but that’s total guesswork. Nobody will really know what happened there, including smarmy journos who claim otherwise.

As I said before too, if we lose the jurisdiction ruling the whole thing is dead in the water but if the court rules against the PL, I think they will settle with the club rather than have all of this go into the public domain. (which the judge has indicated that it will apart from sensitive information which will be partially redacted)

So as of now, it’s still very much in play.

To me this isnt dead, its more a case of we now have to become an irritating thorn in the side of the EPL.  They need to learn that we will not let this go.  I know i cant accept this stance taken by the EPL and we just need to keep on asking why they wont let this takeover go through.  A classic case of Bird & Bird delaying tactics as we were warned about!!!

51 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

But both parties are said to be not disclosing? 

It doesn't say that exactly, or rather it's not necessarily negative. The PL, and our own legal team, may have asked for information that isn't readily available from the other party and the court has adjourned the case until it is.

Can't see any reason for us to not disclose if we could but obviously in the PLs interest to delay, delay, delay...

If it's not PIF and co, it'll be someone else. And judging by the "serious bids" of which there has been 1 to my knowledge that made it to an accepted bid... this one... we might be in it for a while. Let's hope there's someone serious waiting in the wings! 

48 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Remember people . . .

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

Dawn will come, I can understand that some will find it difficult to feel that right now, but it WILL come.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

• Rich changed the title to OFFICIAL: PIF, PCP, & RB COMPLETE TAKEOVER OF NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
  • Beren changed the title to Takeover Thread - SSN: Takeover is complete