PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The Guardian will be our number one enemy going forward, they absolutely hate all the countries in the GCC region :lol:

David Squires is going to rip us to pieces next week

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

:lol:

Might as well take the chance to plug one of my songs which has relevant lyrics

Well then brother I'll be the villain if that's what you really think of me. I'll be the villain if that's what you really need me to be. Oh brother, well then I guess the heroes of yesterday are dead today.

9 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

"Well what changed was we shit our pants when we realised that we might have to go to an actual court and not the little lego one Daniel Levy made that we called Arbitration. If we had to publically admit to making shit up as we went along or asking the Glaziers what was best, then well... fuck you"

I’ll tell you why, last Wednesday they were backed into a corner during that Jurisdiction hearing. The 3 chairs took in the evidence along with everything else that’s been disclosed up to now.

They will have given the PL notice that they would have indeed lost not only the hearing but the case overall so just go and settle.

By the weekend both legal teams worked out a way so that every party came out of it saving face.

This whole thing about legally binding assurances? They had that to begin with. The PL backed down in spectacular fashion. It’s a huge loss for them.

AS was in Newcastle on Monday or Tuesday, by that time the funds had been transferred to Ashley.

Few last minute checks and singing of contracts and here we are now.

The PL never wanted to allow the takeover but they simply didn’t have a choice in the end and I think Staveley was incredibly diplomatic in thanking them for their hard work in reaching a resolution, there’s no way it was amicable.

All this virtue signalling from other clubs and other supporters. As if they really care about human rights, they care about their clubs ability to win things and it’s about to be seriously threatened.

Guest HTT II

I see the argument that NUFC fans supporting NUFC under PIF is basically supporting a murderous regime too, yet the legacy clubs fans can still support their clubs despite their clubs actively and wantingly trying to destroy not just the game in this country, but the game in general all around the world. They can all fuck off, sour grapes.

I’m concerned about who we are owned about and honestly, I’m not fussed about going to games ever again, I’ll happily be an armchair fan watching and cheering on the team via TV and maybe, just maybe I’ll take the boys to the odd cup game, but for me I’m happy first of all that Ashley is gone (this is the victory) and secondly as bad as the SA regime is, this is their culture and has been for however long and it’s not up to me nor down to me to say hey, you can’t be doing that.

Of course I don’t want to see people beheaded, gay people tortured, women have no rights etc. but they look at ‘us’ and don’t want us drinking, don’t want us being topless or whatever. It’s a clash of cultures and customs and religions and other shit. If we want SA to stop being a bad egg, it’s down to our government to say NO, we won’t deal with you unless you do x y and z and it’s upto companies like like FB, Starbucks or whoever to say NO you can’t buy a stake unless you do x y and z too.

But that hasn’t, won’t and never will happen because it’s all about money/ It’s not down to NUFC fans, or me or you or any individual  to say, sorry, you can’t come and buy our club unless you stop murdering journos or whatever. As AS said, it’s our club, they are just custodians. That’s my take, it’s always been our club and always will be because without the fans there is no club, just a few trade marks, player registrations and a fucking post code where some business is registered to.

We also have to remember, the middle east are behind the western world in lots of ways and as much as we would like them to catch up ASAP, that again is not how the dynamics of the world works. In the 60s in America black boys and girls couldn’t go to white schools, or could eat in a restaurant or get a bus with white people. In the 40s, 6m Jews and others were murdered by the German state. We waged war in Iraq on lies. It wasn’t that long ago we would behead people here in England, hang them, torture them. Indeed our own stadium is built on the Gallows…

Don’t throw stones in a glass house…

It’s s good to have this discussion because it’s needed, but not at the doorstep of a football supporter who just wants to watch his/her team play a game of footy.

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

A very very probable rapist just won player of the month lol. Yeah we are damaging the brand 

Don’t forget the convicted child sex offender who was allowed to play every week.

Or the other one who is currently on remand for rape.

Or the other one who is being investigated for child sex offences.

What about those gambling companies who sponsor everything, they’re really ethical.

And the alcohol promotion at every opportunity. Alcohol doesn’t ruin lives.

What about all that cash coming in from Qatar? I hear they’re a resounding leader in human rights.

And those owners from Thailand, China, Russia… what have they ever done wrong?

But aye, this is one step too far :lol: 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Just now, Kanji said:

that article is pure trash hahahaha 

Look, I'm a left leaning centrist and generally appreciate the Guardian's quality of work, but they absolutely went hunting for this type of juicy, juicy clickbaity content.