PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

58 minutes ago, Slim said:

Just googled this and can't find anything? Find out the reason.

IMG-20220113-223952.jpg

Managed to dig it out from my emails, it's from back in 2013 and looking at section XII I think it's actually a BAE form rather than a Saudi one - though it doesn't explicitly say, it was just in a load of attachments I received and was asked to fill in and return.

Still, even if it is a BAE form, the contents will just be to protect the visitors against falling foul of any Saudi laws.

49 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

IMG-20220113-223952.jpg

Managed to dig it out from my emails, it's from back in 2013 and looking at section XII I think it's actually a BAE form rather than a Saudi one - though it doesn't explicitly say, it was just in a load of attachments I received and was asked to fill in and return.

Still, even if it is a BAE form, the contents will just be to protect the visitors against falling foul of any Saudi laws.

Disappointing seeing your user name on here isn't just to celebrate one of the best characters in movie history :undecided:

It was in Jeddah in around 2009 that I got the most pissed ever on a work trip. In my hotel room chilling when there was a knock on the door and a Saudi guy who I'd meet over there on business asked me to come out with him for the night. Went to his place and got absolutely wrecked drinking whiskey. He then wanted to go on to a place with Lebanese prostitutes but by that time I'd already been sick in his apartment. 

Got back to the Marriott pissed out my head talking/shouting very loudly to all the hotel staff. Next day on the way to the meeting I had to ask my driver to pull over to be sick on the motorway too. All of that day, the Saudi's kept asking if I'd been out with naughty people?

To top it all off, the Saudi guy again knocked on my door that day to give me flowers as he felt bad!

All in all, a good trip! Fond memories of the place apart from my last visit as that was the January where we sold Andy Carroll.

3 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

If I ever go to Saudi Arabia I am totally practicing some magic 

Probably don’t do that in an Islamic State ?

Things across the whole of this area of the ME are easing. Ramadan was very different last year and I imagine it will be much the same this time around.

Chelsea will also be there around that time and will play Saudi Champions Al-Hilal and Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao are all currently there for the Spanish Super Cup but watch how the media will handle this when its us, i doubt even many of the locals will give a shit about Matt Ritchie and co. Being in town :lol:

Odd the Spanish Super Cup is being hosted in Riyadh. It’s worth 320 million euros in hosting rights to the Spanish federation apparently, who are more than happy to take the money with not a word being said about them having blood on their hands etc etc.

I worked in Saudi for a while back in 2003/4 and remember after I landed in Bahrain and was driven across the causeway, the Saudi Immigration guys searched my luggage and hand luggage.

I'd bought a few magazines for the flight (GQ that sort of thing) and the fuckers ripped out every page showing females [emoji38].

So, like a fucking Chanel advert with Kylie Minogue or some fucker, spraying perfume; Ripped Ooooot.

The magazine I got back had about four pages hastily held together by what I can only imagine was some Saudi Customs Agents spunk.

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I worked in Saudi for a while back in 2003/4 and remember after I landed in Bahrain and was driven across the causeway, the Saudi Immigration guys searched my luggage and hand luggage.

I'd bought a few magazines for the flight (GQ that sort of thing) and the fuckers ripped out every page showing females [emoji38].

So, like a fucking Chanel advert with Kylie Minogue or some fucker, spraying perfume; Ripped Ooooot.

The magazine I got back had about four pages hastily held together by what I can only imagine was some Saudi Customs Agents spunk.

Four pages? Maybe they have a point.

17 hours ago, wfmk2 said:

I've also been to KSA many times. Was there in November for the first time in 5 years. Visited Jeddah, Dammam and Riyadh on a three week business trip. It's very different these days. Live music, unveiled women smoking in Costa, women driving, businesses not closing at prayer times. Even managed to get a drink at a customer's dinner party. Everyone over there appears to be much happier these days. Crazily enough, Riyadh is actually now the most liberal of the three main cities. 

Not much support for Newcastle on the ground yet, but did managed to catch the Arsenal game at a cafe with Saudi Gazza :lol: He's a very decent bloke. 

Yeah, things are really improving at a rapid rate here. Would still say Jeddah (my hometown) is still the most liberal city in KSA though.

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Nah, not Saudi I wouldn't have thought?

That’s what he told me, he said everywhere was double strict, but certain hotels that were not state owned basically allowed drinking in their rooms in private, not sure if they sold it themselves mind, I’ve not seen him in a while, he’s currently working in Dhaka.

Edited by HTT II

5 hours ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Odd the Spanish Super Cup is being hosted in Riyadh. It’s worth 320 million euros in hosting rights to the Spanish federation apparently, who are more than happy to take the money with not a word being said about them having blood on their hands etc etc.

Had on, they paid an equivalent amount to host the Spanish Community Shield to what they did to buy us? :lol: 

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Part owner and Director of a real estate company that has over 3000 properties around KSA. Also, work alongside PIF in an advisory role on many of their housing and economic development projects :) .

Nice. Resi or commercial properties?

53 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That’s what he told me, he said everywhere was double strict, but certain hotels that were not state owned basically allowed drinking in their rooms in private, not sure if they sold it themselves mind, I’ve not seen him in a while, he’s currently working in Dhaka.

I cannot stress this enough but alcohol just cannot be bought in Saudi at all. Not in the shops, not in the hotels, nowhere. It's a dry country. It's not just hard to get, it just doesn't exist as a consumer product. Finding a hotel in Saudi that sells alcohol is about as plausible as finding a hotel in the UK that sells heroin.

Maybe he got some illegal homebrew off a work colleague or maybe at a push a hotel employee, and drank it in his room (Something I did once and it genuinely felt like I was doing a drug deal and I decided then and there I really didn't need alcohol that badly to ever do that again), but that's about as far as it'll go.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, things are really improving at a rapid rate here. Would still say Jeddah (my hometown) is still the most liberal city in KSA though.

Jeddah I found to be quite beautiful and fairly liberal.

Balcony-Beer.png

Spoiler

That's 0% Budweiser, sadly, which you can buy. I'd just promised I'd have a beer sat on the balcony watching the sunset. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I cannot stress this enough but alcohol just cannot be bought in Saudi at all. Not in the shops, not in the hotels, nowhere. It's a dry country. It's not just hard to get, it just doesn't exist as a consumer product. Finding a hotel in Saudi that sells alcohol is about as plausible as finding a hotel in the UK that sells heroin.

Maybe he got some illegal homebrew off a work colleague or maybe at a push a hotel employee, and drank it in his room (Something I did once and it genuinely felt like I was doing a drug deal and I decided then and there I really didn't need alcohol that badly to ever do that again), but that's about as far as it'll go.

I’m just going off what my pal told me, he didn’t elaborate whether the hotel sold him it or whether he got it elsewhere.

Guest Biggsbond14
23 hours ago, Kanji said:

The players will be in state of the art facilities :lol:

Shock to the system from wheelie bins