PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

5 hours ago, TRon said:

If we stay up this lot will be gunning for the title a lot sooner than the 5-10 year goal they are talking about publicly.

The thing that gave me the most confidence was an article I read pretty early after the takeover, I forget where but it was somewhere trustworthy like the athletic or maybe Hope. It mentioned plans for January and that there was ‘no budget’. If you don’t have a budget you’ve either got no money, or so much that it doesn’t matter…

5 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

The thing that gave me the most confidence was an article I read pretty early after the takeover, I forget where but it was somewhere trustworthy like the athletic or maybe Hope. It mentioned plans for January and that there was ‘no budget’. If you don’t have a budget you’ve either got no money, or so much that it doesn’t matter…

I remember when the takeover went through, there was something in The Athletic about there being “a small amount set aside for January”. If £90 million is a small amount then fuck me sideways, going to be some Summer if we stop up. 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

See De Marco is coming up for the game next week, wonder if he's now working on something also for the owners?

Breadmaking competition? A stall at the farmer's market? I miss the halcyon days of analyzing his tweets, charcuterie boards and black & white photography. 

24 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Man United are getting 20mil per year for the training kit sponsorship according to the athletic. 

Wonder how much Scrutiny anything we get will come under. 

I honestly can see the sponsorship deals ending up in the competition courts in the future. The owners have already put the shot across the bows and I cannot see them accepting interference from other clubs as it’s anti-competitive and a restraint of trade. Going to interesting to see what sponsorships are announced 

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I honestly can see the sponsorship deals ending up in the competition courts in the future. The owners have already put the shot across the bows and cannot see them accepting interference from other clubs as it’s anti-competitive and a restraint of trade. Going to interesting to see what sponsorships are announced 

I hope so, I mean FFP is already a ridiculous constraint to be put under but this sponsorship restriction is beyond the pale. 

I’m sure they have Demarco on speed dial. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I hope so, I mean FFP is already a ridiculous constraint to be put under but this sponsorship restriction is beyond the pale. 

I’m sure they have Demarco on speed dial. 

Well as I mentioned yesterday, he’s a guest at the match on Tuesday. I’m sure both QCs the club used are still on board with the new owners 

Edited by et tu brute

16 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I honestly can see the sponsorship deals ending up in the competition courts in the future. The owners have already put the shot across the bows and I cannot see them accepting interference from other clubs as it’s anti-competitive and a restraint of trade. Going to interesting to see what sponsorships are announced 

It's interesting that we don't have any new sponsorship deals yet, it's possible we've submitted a deal for approval and the PL either haven't made a decision or are saying it's above fair market value.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's interesting that we don't have any new sponsorship deals yet, it's possible we've submitted a deal for approval and the PL either haven't made a decision or are saying it's above fair market value.

Neither approving it or denying it