PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

Is Bompeter making any particularly outrageous observations here? 
Reads a little like people are just trying to shout down a dissenting voice from an established narrative that we’re loaded now.

Must fully admit to knowing nothing about accounting or money in general but it does seem like Bompeter has made some points here that are worthy of open minded discussion. 

ah wel…..npw….

Edited by Lotus

2 hours ago, Bompeter said:

This suggests we really aren’t being bankrolled by the Saudis in any way. Pretty disappointing. I’d love to know what exactly the funding agreement is between PIF and the minority owners.

[emoji38]

I don't think it reads anything like that. There are people disagreeing with each other on what this means based on what they either understand or think they understand, but for the most part I think most of us don't know what any of this really means either way. 

We bring in proper people at boardroom level then act shocked when they use every trick in the book to maximise our potential. 

No stone unturned and no avenue cut off for exploiting our situation. You'd think people had their head in the sand and missed the legal battle and what levels we went to there to gain any advantage.

Numpties.

20 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Pretty obvious this is to bankroll an expensive August.

Next year, new sponsorships will bankroll us. Up the Premier league we go.

We need more posts like this.

Just now, Dokko said:

We bring in proper people at boardroom level then act shocked when they use every trick in the book to maximise our potential. 

No stone unturned and no avenue cut off for exploiting our situation. You'd think people had their head in the sand and missed the legal battle and what levels we went to there to gain any advantage.

Numpties.

Exactly. These owners aren’t chancers, they’re some of the most successful people around. They know how to run a business to maximise its potential, and the bit they don’t know how to run (football) they’ve brought in some of the best in the field to do it for them.

We’re in safe hands.

Guest HTT II

It’s normal business practice whether you’re PIF or some local corner shop. Everyone uses a credit facility and banks like those that can guarantee their capital back, with interest. Also, again, people need to accept and realise that just because we are 80% owned by PIF, despite all their wealth, it’s not ours only and it’s not as simple as just plowimg money into things in cold hard cash. Everything has to be accountable for and all that money anyway, is mostly paper money. As is what we generate, operate and function at as a business.

Edited by HTT II

Anyone worried that this signifies the owners aren't serious or that they don't have the money or are unwilling to invest money only need to look at what they've done since they've been here

Their actions from replacing the manager, getting in numerous coaching staff, getting in a well respected sporting director, a CEO with a solid record, spending money on the stadium, improvements to the training ground and the most important of them all, £150m on improving the squad tells you about their intent 

So people need to calm down, what this loan means I'm not sure but I'll trust it's for the benefit of the club/squad 

No doubt grumpy will be telling us that we are bring liquidated the doylem that he is 

I would think it’s perfectly legitimate to at least ask why, if we’re owned (in the majority) and one would think financed by PIF why we would be taking a bank loan for cash flow.

I’m not saying it’s necessarily indicative of anything any of us propose but is at least worthy of discussion, is it not?

And, just because our new owners have definitely talk the talk so far, let’s have our eyes open. I read lots and lots of posts saying the Saudis won’t settle for 2nd best, etc. That may be so but, let’s just temper our excitement with the actual evidence of what they do rather than our dreams of what they might do.

From my own POV football has been horribly f**ked by sugar daddies but given that it is so, I hope we go mad with it. I really do. The game in total has been ruined anyway. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Anyone worried that this signifies the owners aren't serious or that they don't have the money or are unwilling to invest money only need to look at what they've done since they've been here

Their actions from replacing the manager, getting in numerous coaching staff, getting in a well respected sporting director, a CEO with a solid record, spending money on the stadium, improvements to the training ground and the most important of them all, £150m on improving the squad tells you about their intent 

So people need to calm down, what this loan means I'm not sure but I'll trust it's for the benefit of the club/squad 

No doubt grumpy will be telling us that we are bring liquidated the doylem that he is 

Bang on.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s normal business practice whether you’re PIF or some local corner shop. Everyone uses a credit facility and banks like those that can guarantee their capital back, with interest. Also, again, people need to accept and realise that just because we are 80% owned by PIF, despite all their wealth, it’s not ours only and it’s not as simple as just plowimg money into things in cold hard cash. Everything has to be accountable for and all that money anyway, is mostly paper money. As is what we generate, operate and function at as a business.

Yes, and the really cool thing is, anyone can run a business Mike Ashley-style and just look to turn a profit, but from what we've seen of the new owners, not only do they want a successful business, they also want a successful club. That's the big differentiator.

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

getting in a well respected sporting director, a CEO with a solid record,

especially this bit. i don't imagine these guys are on zero hour minimum wage contracts. They haven't hired them to fool the fans.

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Good post and I agree.

Its fair for us to wonder, in case any of us can shed some light on it, why we pulled the money this way instead of that.

So far though, none of us seems quite sure but at least some different ideas are being thrown about which is healthy.

I'll ask again because it was on the bottom of a page when I last asked but has anyone mentioned how much this loan/bringing forward is worth ?

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

I'll ask again because it was on the bottom of a page when I last asked but has anyone mentioned hiw much this loan/bringing forward is worth ?

Somebody said something [not Ando] that suggested it was the full value of our expected TV money. We could both be mistaken.

Guest HTT II

As Mehrdad said, we are building a sky scraper here, we need to lay the foundations first, this is all part of the steps and process. 

Just now, HTT II said:

As Mehrdad said, we are building a sky scraper here, we need to lay the foundations first, this is all part of the steps and process. 

Aye. and we're best off waiting until we can afford the good cladding.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Somebody said something [not Ando] that suggested it was the full value of our expected TV money. We could both be mistaken.

If that's so has anyone an idea of how much that would be ?

Guest HTT II

And we are doing it all above board, which is Important I feel. I don’t want a Man City type takeover for example. 

Let's say that PIF aren't "bankrolling" the club. A few points:

1. They spent millions acquiring the club

2. I've never asked them to bankroll anything

3. They have never said they would be bankrolling anything

4. They don't need to be bankrolling anything