PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

It's not new information that the government wanted the premier league to approve the takeover, there was leaked stuff at the time about Boris Johnson getting involved and wanting it to go through. But the PL clearly had other interests, like the broadcasters and 'big 6', and ignored what the government wanted until the piracy stuff was resolved.

Edited by Jackie Broon

On 05/04/2023 at 09:55, Manxst said:

“Steve Bruce, who left his position as head coach in October 2021, received a pay-off of around £8m”

That was the deal he sorted with Ashley to remain in charge and protect him from fan backlash, what a fucking sell out, I hope he never steps foot in the North East ever again.

32 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Anyone know how much you can spend this summer with FFP if you get into CL?

Athletic said budget without was around 80 million, with champions league and more sponsors, maybe double ?

30 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Anyone know how much you can spend this summer with FFP if you get into CL?

Not sure on the figures, but it certainly helps hugely in the way of balancing out the books for future spending (sponsors/partnerships etc).

With the new rules it'll take us beyond Villa/Everton/West Ham corporate deals to other Champions League sides. Absolutely massive if we get it this early, fast-forwards about 3 years I'd think.

FWIW I still don't think we will go that mad. We might see 2/3 £50m + players with a few more in the £15-25m range to beef out the squad. 

Getting in consistently will be the next challenge, which will be sound as we will win the thing next year.

Most seem to think that there's absolutely no way that Yasir will end up testifying.

Ultimately PIF/LIV are the plaintiff in the case against the PGA. If they can't get that decision overturned they'll just drop the lawsuit rather than expose themselves to anything they don't want to.

Difference between how well they've done with Newcastle and what a massive shitshow LIV is is quite striking. Glad we have Stavely running us instead of Greg Norman, I guess :lol:

Just now, Shak said:

Most seem to think that there's absolutely no way that Yasir will end up testifying.

Ultimately PIF/LIV are the plaintiff in the case against the PGA. If they can't get that decision overturned they'll just drop the lawsuit rather than expose themselves to anything they don't want to.

Difference between how well they've done with Newcastle and what a massive shitshow LIV is is quite striking. Glad we have Stavely running us instead of Greg Norman, I guess :lol:

I hear Boehly’s looking at Greg Norman on an 8-year contract to take the Chelsea job 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Good, I want us to succeed as a club but I also want corruption and awful people brought to justice 

Those options are mutually exclusive atm unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, NE28 said:

Those options are mutually exclusive atm unfortunately 

Don’t really have an issue with awful people being rooted out of football, just know that it’ll never actually happen on the scale it needs to 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t really have an issue with awful people being rooted out of football, just know that it’ll never actually happen on the scale it needs to 

I can’t complain at that. Football in this country is rotten to the core. We’re part of the club now though and are going to reap the awards of everything that is wrong so fuck it, might as well just enjoy the ride.

For sure, I can completely detach the football and be a hypocrite almost all the time when it comes to watching the game and wanting us to succeed. It’s great being a hypocrite, I’ll give it that 

19 hours ago, Shak said:

Well two different business plans - they yearned to be a contributing member of an established PL and are playing ball with their ownership of NUFC and to your point Amanda is the perfect to be the face of our ownership group and deal with the other PL stakeholders. 

LIV on the other hand is a shit show. Designed to disrupt one of America’s most staunchly proud traditions / old boys club - the PGA. It was always heading this way and I’m a little shook the LiV and PIF boys didn’t see this coming.