PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Wished we could have binned off Castore too.

Honestly don’t get the clamour for other brands either. Nike can produce good stuff, but can produce some utter shit as well. Non of Brightons Nike kits have been anything I’d be happy with.

Adidas rarely produce amazing stuff these days, heck I’m watching Atlanta right now and Adidas have a solid colour on the back of their shirt.

36 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Honestly don’t get the clamour for other brands either. Nike can produce good stuff, but can produce some utter shit as well. Non of Brightons Nike kits have been anything I’d be happy with.

Adidas rarely produce amazing stuff these days, heck I’m watching Atlanta right now and Adidas have a solid colour on the back of their shirt.

Simply in relation to Nike, I see they have made that fucker that sent Bud Lite down the tubes , as the face of Nike unless things have changed .

49 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Bring Back Bukta.

19 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Simply in relation to Nike, I see they have made that fucker that sent Bud Lite down the tubes , as the face of Nike unless things have changed .

Trans male to “girl” with no tits promoting Nike sports bra for women! ??

If you want to bash tans people and comment on the social changes around it, can you take it to Twitter and Facebook where you can shout it down an echo chamber or be called out by it by people who have time to reposed to such shitty attitudes?

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: 'sent Bud Lite down the tubes'. Has it affected them in any way other than rednecks needing to buy some to shoot in fury?

Sent sales in the Southern States up.

The people buying cases of it to shoot, are the people who never drank it in the first place because it has the word ‘light’ in it.

Try finding a Castore kit outside the UK and Ireland. They're just a Poundland Under Armour. Having the distribution network of Nike or Adidas and an agreement on sales volumes like Liverpool have with Nike should be the way forward, particularly if we buy a Mitoma or Son. 

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

It’s not about brands, it’s about money.  The Castore deal will be worth pennies - with kit deals you make the money upfront; the clubs make very little from actual shirt sales. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s not about brands, it’s about money.  The Castore deal will be worth pennies - with kit deals you make the money upfront; the clubs make very little from actual shirt sales. 

For me, I'll readily admit that after SD, Wonga, Fun88, some absolutely cheap and diabolical Puma tat (remember the 14/15 home shirt and the stickered crest), I want premium sponsors like adidas to erase the memory of that era.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12029555/IN-MONEY-Newcastle-set-bank-10m-Amazons-documentary.html

Newcastle are set to bank more than £10m from a highly lucrative fly-on-the-wall documentary series with Amazon Prime, due to be aired ahead of next season.

It is understood the club are banking a similar amount to Manchester City for allowing Amazon to film behind the scenes at St James’ Park. Sources confirmed the deal is worth eight figures.

The four-part series, due to be aired in August, will focus on the club and its owners as they reached their first cup final in 24 years and likely Champions League qualification.

It is also believed that major transfer deals such as the £45m January signing of Anthony Gordon from Everton will feature.

The club’s ongoing HMRC investigation and a rumoured Premier League investigation into their ownership structure are less likely to be covered.

1 hour ago, Cort said:

For me, I'll readily admit that after SD, Wonga, Fun88, some absolutely cheap and diabolical Puma tat (remember the 14/15 home shirt and the stickered crest), I want premium sponsors like adidas to erase the memory of that era.

Nothing wrong with that, but the biggest shitter of all re the Ashley deals is that they were commercially shite

19 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sorry, you’re right.  PIF, Staveley and Reuben must be absolutely fucking useless at business, then: there must be loads of sponsors out there queuing to give us more than what Spurs get, yet somehow they’re missing those deals.  After all, if the market offers us those deals - with no strings attached - then it passes the fair market value test.

And of course online followers isn’t proof of everything; it’s just one element.  Spurs must have bought the 6m more Twitter followers and 20m more Facebook followers.  Makes sense to me.  Same way that we must have bought the 2.5m followers more we have than Blackpool.

Given that we’re now more attractive to the international markets than Spurs on the basis of being on the verge of CL qualification - a competition they were in the final of just a few years back - does that mean Villa are bigger than Liverpool and Brentford bigger than Chelsea on the basis of league placing this season?

I’m being deliberately daft with those later examples, but we’ll surpass these clubs soon enough - but we’re deluding ourselves if we think we’re there just yet.  It’ll come - no doubt about it :)

?‍♂️

Who said anything about them being bad at business. Take away Lewis’s contact book and there isn’t a company willing to overpay for Spurs. 

I don’t doubt spurs have more followers on those things even when you take into account bought/bots etc. but it’s not the be all and end all you make it out to be. 

When Leverkusen got to the champions league final did it make them a bigger club than the likes of Dortmund/Schalke/Stuttgart a few years later, did it bollocks.

Spurs have had the sky 6 media machine working for them for years and your big claim to their greatness is social media. 

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12029555/IN-MONEY-Newcastle-set-bank-10m-Amazons-documentary.html

Newcastle are set to bank more than £10m from a highly lucrative fly-on-the-wall documentary series with Amazon Prime, due to be aired ahead of next season.

It is understood the club are banking a similar amount to Manchester City for allowing Amazon to film behind the scenes at St James’ Park. Sources confirmed the deal is worth eight figures.

The four-part series, due to be aired in August, will focus on the club and its owners as they reached their first cup final in 24 years and likely Champions League qualification.

It is also believed that major transfer deals such as the £45m January signing of Anthony Gordon from Everton will feature.

The club’s ongoing HMRC investigation and a rumoured Premier League investigation into their ownership structure are less likely to be covered.

HMRC investigation is done and dusted with no further action.

Given our new deal is rumoured to be for only 2 years that tells me we are supremely confident of getting even more next time. 

I wonder if they are tempted to buy our Castore given the extra unexpected revenue from a likely ECL appearance. 

3 hours ago, Ace said:

?‍♂️

Who said anything about them being bad at business. Take away Lewis’s contact book and there isn’t a company willing to overpay for Spurs. 

I don’t doubt spurs have more followers on those things even when you take into account bought/bots etc. but it’s not the be all and end all you make it out to be. 

When Leverkusen got to the champions league final did it make them a bigger club than the likes of Dortmund/Schalke/Stuttgart a few years later, did it bollocks.

Spurs have had the sky 6 media machine working for them for years and your big claim to their greatness is social media. 

The implication is that if we haven't managed to get the sponsorship in that Spurs have, then we must be run by complete muppets, as according to you the Spurs' marketability is simply a gigantic fraud and therefore we should easily be attracting the same sort of sponsorship deals.

The 'Spurs have bought followers on twitter' thing is tin foil hat territory - it's just plain odd. 

Here's Spurs's league record over the past 10 years: 4th; 7th; 6th; 4th; 3rd; 2nd; 3rd; 5th; 6th; 5th; 6th.  That 7th place finish is the only time since 2009 they've finished outside the top six.  They also reached a Champions League Final during that time - though they've been in the CL in 5 of the last 8 seasons.

Newcastle's record during that period: 11th; 12th; 13th; 13th; 10th; (1st in Second Division); 18th; 15th; 10th; 16th.  Having really rich owners doesn't trump performance on the pitch - Spurs have consistently finished in the top six positions for over a decade. 

The Leverkusen comparison is a ludicrous one; Spurs were a member of the 'Big Five' when the PL breakaway happened in 1992.  They've been a big club since the '50s at a minimum - when I was a kid in the late 80s-90s Spurs were England's most successful cup side of all time.  Leverkusen are not the German equivalent of Spurs.  Spurs are a very similar size club to use - as is a lot of their history.  So close that we sit 5th in the all-time attendance averages for the football league in England - Spurs sit in 4th.

My claim to their 'greatness' isn't social media - you're being utterly disingenuous.  For what it's worth, the 'Big Six' shite is a bit of a misnomer anyway - there is no fixed number to it.  It's been a Big Four, Big Five and Big Six at various points in my lifetime - with Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool the only permanent fixtures - and there is no reason that it couldn't be a 'Big Seven' with us in there (like Serie A's sette sorelle - 'Seven Sisters').

We're still playing catch-up with these clubs after a decade and a half of neglect by Ashley.  This season has been incredible for us - but it should be noted that it would represent a pretty normal one for Spurs in the past decade, and a failure for the clubs who we truly aspire to compete with.  It is going to take years to catch up fully with some of these clubs - next season we could just as easily drop several places (which no-one should worry about or gan radge over).

I can't fucking stand Spurs, just for the record.  But the idea that their position in English football is being propped up by twitter bots and Joe Lewis's contact book is fucking crackers.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The implication is that if we haven't managed to get the sponsorship in that Spurs have, then we must be run by complete muppets, as according to you the Spurs' marketability is simply a gigantic fraud and therefore we should easily be attracting the same sort of sponsorship deals.

The 'Spurs have bought followers on twitter' thing is tin foil hat territory - it's just plain odd. 

Here's Spurs's league record over the past 10 years: 4th; 7th; 6th; 4th; 3rd; 2nd; 3rd; 5th; 6th; 5th; 6th.  That 7th place finish is the only time since 2009 they've finished outside the top six.  They also reached a Champions League Final during that time - though they've been in the CL in 5 of the last 8 seasons.

Newcastle's record during that period: 11th; 12th; 13th; 13th; 10th; (1st in Second Division); 18th; 15th; 10th; 16th.  Having really rich owners doesn't trump performance on the pitch - Spurs have consistently finished in the top six positions for over a decade. 

The Leverkusen comparison is a ludicrous one; Spurs were a member of the 'Big Five' when the PL breakaway happened in 1992.  They've been a big club since the '50s at a minimum - when I was a kid in the late 80s-90s Spurs were England's most successful cup side of all time.  Leverkusen are not the German equivalent of Spurs.  Spurs are a very similar size club to use - as is a lot of their history.  So close that we sit 5th in the all-time attendance averages for the football league in England - Spurs sit in 4th.

My claim to their 'greatness' isn't social media - you're being utterly disingenuous.  For what it's worth, the 'Big Six' shite is a bit of a misnomer anyway - there is no fixed number to it.  It's been a Big Four, Big Five and Big Six at various points in my lifetime - with Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool the only permanent fixtures - and there is no reason that it couldn't be a 'Big Seven' with us in there (like Serie A's sette sorelle - 'Seven Sisters').

We're still playing catch-up with these clubs after a decade and a half of neglect by Ashley.  This season has been incredible for us - but it should be noted that it would represent a pretty normal one for Spurs in the past decade, and a failure for the clubs who we truly aspire to compete with.  It is going to take years to catch up fully with some of these clubs - next season we could just as easily drop several places (which no-one should worry about or gan radge over).

I can't fucking stand Spurs, just for the record.  But the idea that their position in English football is being propped up by twitter bots and Joe Lewis's contact book is fucking crackers.

Think you need to learn to read rather than jacking it to mighty spurs pal.

Bet you believe Man U and Liverpool are huge because of their ‘support’ too. ?‍♂️

It’s strange that you find things so black and white, someone says it’s not perfect so they think the people doing it are muppets no in between.

Also me pointing out that your reliance on social media is stupid because you can buy followers must mean that only spurs do it. Learn to look for the grey. ?‍♂️

Leverkusen are a great comparison they also had a 10 year spell with only 1 finish outside the top 6 while reaching a champions league final, were a consistent top half team before that as well. 

We aren’t talking about the other clubs we are talking about spurs. Top 4 is a great season for them and their achievements despite good management have came off the back of years of investment. Yet still they are significantly the little brother of the sky 6.

They have everything going for them and that’s all they can be.