PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

On 02/05/2023 at 21:40, Miggys First Goal said:

Would be even nicer if it wasn’t Castore making it. 

I know there was problems with supply but the quality has been good. 

remember adidas give us some glorious ones but they also give us this monstrosity amongst others

yellow.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

remember adidas give us some glorious ones but they also give us this monstrosity amongst others

yellow.jpg

This was awesome. Custard Creme Champions

26 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

yellow.jpg

Was definitely an Ashley piss-take request on the colour…! “I’m getting grief off those Geordie bastards again”,”can you make it look like a deck chair that’s been pissed on?”

29 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

yellow.jpg

I loved that top personally. It looked fantastic on holiday. 

Think it was open season on NUFC at the time, which I wasn't against with the owner and feel that away shirt was much maligned

still think that piece of garbage under Dalglish in 97/98 is the most putrid thing I've ever seen - the shirt that is, not what he did to Keegan's team

1 hour ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Was definitely an Ashley piss-take request on the colour…! “I’m getting grief off those Geordie bastards again”,”can you make it look like a deck chair that’s been pissed on?”

Sentimentally, I loved that kit. Like others said, felt like it had been picked by the world to take the piss after our relegation, and we/Hughton and co. gave the biggest fuck you in response by redignifying ourselves in it and cantering to the title.

33 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Think it was open season on NUFC at the time, which I wasn't against with the owner and feel that away shirt was much maligned

still think that piece of garbage under Dalglish in 97/98 is the most putrid thing I've ever seen - the shirt that is, not what he did to Keegan's team

That dark blue with orange and green stripe? If it was released now it would be an instant classic for being innovative and different 

39 minutes ago, 80 said:

Sentimentally, I loved that kit. Like others said, felt like it had been picked by the world to take the piss after our relegation, and we/Hughton and co. gave the biggest fuck you in response by redignifying ourselves in it and cantering to the title.

Without a doubt definitely agree. It would have been around the same time he changed Shearers to number 9. He was grade-a c*nt. 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newcastle-united-could-now-strike-african-deal-as-talks-recommence/

Random new sleeve sponsor?

Quick likely stupid question. Could we be doubling sponsorship by having different sleeve sponsors for men's and women's and shirt sponsors? I assume it levels out as it takes away from what the main sponsor gets. Or is that not allowed?

On 11/05/2023 at 14:10, Mr Pups said:

yellow.jpg

Id love a mint in bag version of this.

On 11/05/2023 at 15:48, gjohnson said:

That dark blue with orange and green stripe? If it was released now it would be an instant classic for being innovative and different 

it was a throw back to a Newcastle East end kit they had for one season about 130 years ago. Dunno where they got the fucking green from mind they lobbed in the mix

37 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

it was a throw back to a Newcastle East end kit they had for one season about 130 years ago. Dunno where they got the fucking green from mind they lobbed in the mix

It was dog ugly and uncomfortable as hell with that itchy collar, but looking back it was so different to any other kit going at the time. A revisit with a more comfortable collar would not be the worst thing castore could do

7 hours ago, gjohnson said:

It was dog ugly and uncomfortable as hell with that itchy collar, but looking back it was so different to any other kit going at the time. A revisit with a more comfortable collar would not be the worst thing castore could do

Yep, that's my memory of it too - it was also unusually thick for a football shirt, and the stitching was a real nipple-irritator.  At the time I thought it was ugly as fuck, and still think it today - it is the worst away kit we've ever had.

7 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Looked a lot better with white shorts (got an outing at Sheffield Wed iirc) than the standard green giving it a lost PE kit look

Christ, that's well remembered if that's the case - wouldn't mind but I was at that game; Tomasson scored, we were shit, but we got a canny rhythm going slamming Hillsborough's old wooden seats.  'Attack, attack, attack attack attack'.  Fucking mid era Dalglish NUFC ...