PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, duo said:

To sell shirts globally we will need a star signing - give it time.

Gordon wins the  FA cup and then Euros for England and we have our first one.

Talk of Lyon being a possible destination for Benzema - surely with him being with a PIF owned club we can get in the mix. Star signing right there.

33 minutes ago, duo said:

To sell shirts globally we will need a star signing - give it time.

PSG opening all those stores when they'd be full of Messi, Mbappe, and Neymar shirts made a lot of sense. I'm curious to see how many stay open in the next few years (if they don't have a global star).

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

PSG opening all those stores when they'd be full of Messi, Mbappe, and Neymar shirts made a lot of sense. I'm curious to see how many stay open in the next few years (if they don't have a global star).

fair shout

Interesting that he's about - it's often an indicator that something's going on. 

Funny to think, despite the anxiety atm around: form, the manager's future (ridiculous), and possibly departing players... we're potentially a week or so away from: being in the fifth round of the cup, 4/6 points better off in the league, all key players retained, and having strengthened in the transfer market. Its not implausible. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Interesting that he's about - it's often an indicator that something's going on. 

Funny to think, despite the anxiety atm around: form, the manager's future (ridiculous), and possibly departing players... we're potentially a week or so away from: being in the fifth round of the cup, 4/6 points better off in the league, all key players retained, and having strengthened in the transfer market. It’s not implausible. 

Possible, alternatively we go out in the cup, lose to Villa and go Into what would be 3 huge games for Howe ?

Edited by SUPERTOON

31 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Chairman of the one of the biggest sovereign wealth funds in the world visits London and he thinks its related to us?

I put money on that it's at least partly related to us. All the other owners are based down there also. 

21 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

we are 17th in the latest money league rankings, Frankfurt having double our commercial revenue blew me away. 

we’ve still got so much to do. 

We’re miles away at present.  It’s why I couldn’t get over excited about how improved we were doing commercially - a team of first year marketing students could have increased Ashley’s commercials at NUFC.

Given the disparity in incomes between the NE and the rest of the country (particularly London), I don’t think we’re getting to where we want to go at SJP.  We would need a 70k ground with shitloads of corporate to compete long term, plus commercials on everything. 

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

We’re rich!

We always were until latter-day Ashley.  We’ve been on the Deloitte Rich List more times than all but 12 clubs despite that fucker.  A few more times than Man City.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

This was 22-23, with champions league and Sela I imagine it will jump again for 23-24, then the Adidas deal and more commercials should see us tick up again in 24-25 despite lack of CL footie next season. It’s going to take time to pull ourselves up with revenue streams but going in right direction. 

21 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

This is what we're up against: https://en.psg.fr/fans/official-stores

Stores in London, NYC (on 5th Avenue), LA, Vegas, Miami, Toronto, Tokyo (x3), Doha, Seoul, and more.

The first time I walked past the store on Oxford St (or wherever it is in the West End) I actually laughed out loud. Had no idea. Now I see the ads everywhere on the Tube.

Broken Britain.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We always were rich, until latter-day Ashley.  We’ve been on the Deloitte Rich List more times than all but 12 clubs despite that fucker.  A few more times than Man City.  

Yes indeed, for example in 1998 . . . 

Rich List - Newcastle United 5th Richest in World.jpg