PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

4 hours ago, JJ7 said:

One of the most important people in the history of the club.

This isn't even an exaggeration. Second only to Kevin Keegan.

PCP selling up was always going to happen only surprise for me is I expected it a couple of years down the line.

Be gutted if this is true as they have been the face of the takeover and have been outstanding with how they have represented the club- projecting nothing but positivity.

Thing is even though the percentage of shares maybe be going down the value of those shares will be rocketing.

If this.means we are getting good news regarding investments into.the club like stadium redevelopment or something, then so be it.

Will forever be grateful to her for what she has done to save the club. It is now time for us to grow and she can now sit back and enjoy it as a fan too without affecting her financial and health side hopefully.

I don't see how this is anyway means big investment is coming. I also don't see this as being a good thing. We will become like Man City - just total disconnect between fans and owners. Sod the trophy.

Edited by duo

will always be grateful to Staveley for her persistence in getting MA to sell even after he called her a timewaster 

also standing up to Simon Jordan's cynicism and bs on Talksport was brilliant 

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

What am I supposed to do with my lifesize Amanda Stavely as the Queen of Sheba canvas now? Just take it down?

Screenshot_20240710-1405202.thumb.jpg.2fb42903707f4ba16a240aeed92a4969.jpg

Follow @Shearergol’s lead/do what you normally do! 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, RobS said:

Wonder if our recent brush with PSR and last minute deadline deals situation has changed the trust or perception of them to the Saudi's?

Yeah v possible this is a de facto firing 

34 minutes ago, duo said:

I don't see how this is anyway means big investment is coming. I also don't see this as being a good thing. We will become like Man City - just total disconnect between fans and owners. Sod the trophy.

You're going on like this wasn't completely expected to happen at some point. It always was - just a matter of when. They are not wealthy enough in themselves to retain the stake in the club as we invest and grow.

36 minutes ago, duo said:

If we become like Man City winning trophy after trophy, I can handle that.

9 minutes ago, duo said:

This isn't positive in any way

I can understand being apprehensive about it, but it was an entirely predictable and expected outcome. It may be slightly accelerated due to investment plans or due to her own financial obligations. It actually has a higher chance of leading to positive things than negative, except for potentially the women's team. That's the one area where I could understand some real question marks in terms of commitment and ambition.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I can understand being apprehensive about it, but it was an entirely predictable and expected outcome. It may be slightly accelerated due to investment plans or due to her own financial obligations. It actually has a higher chance of leading to positive things than negative, except for potentially the women's team. That's the one area where I could understand some real question marks in terms of commitment and ambition.

Don't city have a good female team with similar views I'm owners country ?

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Oh, that wasn't my angle. More just how supportive Staveley seems to have been.

Though I just saw there was a huge signing today so maybe nothing to worry about there either.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Didn’t someone post a Nike ad made for the Saudi market highlighting women’s sports and in particular football? I see them continuing with investment in the womens team tbh.