PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

So 15 stadiums either being built or renovated, most of which will still be a few decades away from being full, and people think they will just leave SJP as it is.

12 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Not enough :anguish: for those plans. Fuck sake man, just have it somewhere where you don't have to build 15 new fucking stadiums

In all fairness to Saudi Arabia, most World Cups result in having new stadiums being built. It’s actually been a policy of FIFA for countries bidding to have a ‘legacy’ after the World Cup.

Even if England made a bid for the World Cup, you’d imagine there would be a couple of new stadiums, and some refurbished ones included.

I quite enjoyed the winter world cup, I'll be 5 fucking 9 by then, if my plan works 1 year off semi-retirement 

FFS man

Most notable in Neom - stadium built 350m above ground

Oh I wonder where they got that idea from

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3a9cf6cc7172d110356e3526b533b37c.png

47 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

Sela are PIF owned. Related party sponsorships were never banned, just regulated. 

This deal is no indication either way.

Correct, however the new APT rules mean they will be regulated much more strictly as the new rules are much more onerous. Basically designed to strangle our sponsorship revenue.

8 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Correct, however the new APT rules mean they will be regulated much more strictly as the new rules are much more onerous. Basically designed to strangle our sponsorship revenue.

If it’s just for Japan I imagine it’s under 1m and therefore exempt of ratification

5 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Maybe we should go for a 100 of those deals👍

It remains a head scratcher to me that they haven’t tried something along those lines.  It has been painfully slow in terms of getting sponsors in

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It remains a head scratcher to me that they haven’t tried something along those lines.  It has been painfully slow in terms of getting sponsors in

Yes, I'm amazed we haven't gone down that road or exploited other loopholes like Chelsea. 

12 hours ago, The Butcher said:

I don't mind Saudi Arabia hosting it as it's a middle sized country population wise and when I was last there about 10 years ago I did see a fair few people playing football. 

Qatar was a joke at the place is so small. Another World Cup that could only be held in Winter would be a joint bid from SE Asia countries, say Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore that would be amazing. 

I like the sound of multi club. Don’t like the sound of 777.

Though I do like this 

“It's understood PIF believe a multi-club network, coupled with proposed new financial rules similar to UEFA's squad cost control measures, will give them more financial freedom and allow Newcastle to compete with the big six.”

Edited by Joelinton7