PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

We don't need to be a priority for the Saudi's to be able to outspend every other club in the league combined. It's the PL's rules that are holding us back meaning that we have to haggle for the likes of Mark Guehi. There's absolutely nothing suggest PIF have revisited their priorities anyway, if anything it's the opposite [emoji38]

There are some pretty fundamental problems at the heart of the KSA govt, but I’d suggest that if NUFC was a priority for what is effectively their national pension pot I reckon that would be the cherry on the cake.

Anyone who thinks we’re a priority are delusional - but that doesn’t mean that we’re not a going concern.  

11 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Club certainly coming in for some flak this weekend. Sunday Times today questioning the soul of the club and that Tripper at least provided some of that for a sportswashing project, yes has been 'treated abysmally'.

https://www.thetimes.com/sport/football/article/why-is-kieran-trippier-being-exiled-at-newcastle-ztb7z8d62

The absolute nerve when we were universally laughed at when we signed him. ‘only joined for the money’ etc. 

26 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Club certainly coming in for some flak this weekend. Sunday Times today questioning the soul of the club and that Tripper at least provided some of that for a sportswashing project, yes has been 'treated abysmally'.

https://www.thetimes.com/sport/football/article/why-is-kieran-trippier-being-exiled-at-newcastle-ztb7z8d62

Who gives a fuck no one cares what these shit journalists with agendas write.

28 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

This writer is Alyson Rudd, a Liverpool supporter who has been complaining about the Saudi takeover since the start, written innumerable similar articles wishing bad luck on NUFC, and some of the most dreadful and biased match reports every time she covers us, frequently barely touching on the match at all in a way that makes sense to anyone who actually watched it, and preferring to talk about PIF instead. Quite frankly, you can ignore her articles for what they are.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I remember a simpsons episode...

Lisa to Nelson. "Nuke the whales? You don't really believe that do you?"

Nelson. "I dunno...gotta nuke something".

Works here perfectly..

NUFC fans "skint, sold our soul, in turmoil? You don't really believe that?"

Journalists "dunno...gotta write something"

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

When we were taken over many City fans on social media did warn us the MSM would relentlessly criticise the club and it’s owners and that we should just ignore the twats.

With all of the nervousness amongst the fanbase about the club’s ambitions and speculation around the relationship between Howe and his bosses, there really needs to be a big, positive announcement about stadium development soon. If this is kicked into the long grass, or, heaven forbid they say that SJP developments will be modest, that will really see the pessimism set in.

Honestly, I'd be suprised if many other people had made that connection between disappointing transfer window and stadium announcement tbh, but I do think they're holding the news on it back until after the transfer window

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly, I'd be suprised if many other people had made that connection between disappointing transfer window and stadium announcement tbh, but I do think they're holding the news on it back until after the transfer window

Not sure I’d agree tbh. Our fanbase are neurotic when it comes to stuff like this, and with pretty reasonable justification too, bearing in mind all of the false dawns & oh-so-near moments of the last 30 years.

Nothing about the Toon in this article but a decent read from Tris Dixon

A recent Financial Times report indicated that the Saudi PIF (Public Investment Fund) has “slowed spending on global investments”. The investigation revealed that priorities would switch to their significant domestic projects.A senior investment banker, based in Dubai, was quoted as saying: “It’s ending.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/how-much-saudi-arabia-mirage-eventually-cost-boxing--185575

15 minutes ago, Steve Charlton said:

A recent Financial Times report indicated that the Saudi PIF (Public Investment Fund) has “slowed spending on global investments”. The investigation revealed that priorities would switch to their significant domestic projects.A senior investment banker, based in Dubai, was quoted as saying: “It’s ending.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/how-much-saudi-arabia-mirage-eventually-cost-boxing--185575

Just wor luck!

49 minutes ago, Steve Charlton said:

Looks like there's talk of the PGA and LIV re-merging too so this sounds about right.

12 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Looks like there's talk of the PGA and LIV re-merging too so this sounds about right.

The golf was an embarrassing vanity project. They were paying more for a single golfer than they were for a football club that has appreciated three fold in value in three years. 

14 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Wish they would fuck off to be honest. Don’t care what they’re supposed to be doing for us- it’s a shit price to pay. 

I don’t, I’m happy taking their money.

London has received money from every fucking corner of the globe, Abu Dhabi have investment in Manchester. If the North East relies on Saudi money, then so be it.

I’m not just talking about NUFC. My favourite hobby/interest is a beneficiary, but they are already investing elsewhere into our economy. The North East is too far behind now to start questioning where money is coming from. It needs investment, people need jobs.

Surely PIF should be the top thread? Big questions have to be asked about the direction of the club? We claim to want to be number one and yet all the evidence is saying otherwise now. 

Infrastructure: No movement on new training ground or stadium. They've had all of this time plus the time it took for the deal to buy the club to go through. Newcastle is a small city, not difficult to have at least found a location for the new training ground. No FFP considerations holding them back. 

Income: There are significant revenue streams that they haven't exploited to get more money into the club even accounting for related-party transactions. Compare to Chelsea exploiting every loophole and their revenue is already much greater than what our revenue is. I'm not saying we should be like Chelsea but PIF could have found ways to put much more money into the club within the current rules. 

This transfer window. Like under Ashley, the owner drives the club. Do you really think that if PIF wanted to make the club number one that they'd let Mitchell or Howe dictate our transfer policy like this where we've signed no one and it's arguable that the squad is weaker? Wouldn't happen.  If money is so tight that we could only buy a CB then they could have got a Saudi club to buy a player for more FFP room as a last resort to boost funds. 

You can make valid  arguments against each area but when looked at as a whole then it speaks volumes. This window reflects a change of priorities for PIF, maybe the Saudi League or World Cup are now their main priorities in regards to football.

Going forward, I expect we'll be a well run club bouncing between mid-table and the lower European places; nothing like what we all envisaged when PIF took over. 

Edited by macphisto