PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Bearing in mind that Amanda and Mehrdad had previously worked with PIF and the Saudis and already had a good relationship with them, I'd hope that they'd have been backed over Eales (and Mitchell if he's involved) if there was anything iffy going on. Still, I guess it depends on who's bringing what to the table.

Which would suggest of course that Eales was pushing an open door with PIF if they were more comfortable with backing an employee than a fellow shareholder - it is as obvious as the nose on my face who has been leaking these stories to the press.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Which would suggest of course that Eales was pushing an open door with PIF if they were more comfortable with backing an employee than a fellow shareholder - it is as obvious as the nose on my face who has been leaking these stories to the press.

Interesting, also begs the question what the relationship is like now with Reuben and the rest of board, I’m presuming he was gutted to see PCP leave as they seem to have been close for years.

3 hours ago, Maggies said:

First match that we’ve won with Yasir in attendance?

No. Crystal Palace in the first season, I think. Almiron's first wonder goal.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Interesting, also begs the question what the relationship is like now with Reuben and the rest of board, I’m presuming he was gutted to see PCP leave as they seem to have been close for years.

Been wondering about that. Guess the calculation is a bit different as a) he's more reserved in terms of running the club, and b) the family's property interests in the area.

If PIF are happy with Eales then I can only imagine he's taking the heat as PIF either didn't want to spend money or our FFP situation is much worse than we think. If we had money then there's no way Eales would still be in his role. 

If the reports are true then we went from Tosin, a free transfer, to Guehi for £60+million. Not getting a CB in between those values or a RW is just incredulous and insults our intelligence if the money was there. 

Only thing that makes sense is if the Guehi saga was a cack-handed way to hide the fact money was not there and say we tried to improve.

53 minutes ago, macphisto said:

If PIF are happy with Eales then I can only imagine he's taking the heat as PIF either didn't want to spend money or our FFP situation is much worse than we think. If we had money then there's no way Eales would still be in his role. 

If the reports are true then we went from Tosin, a free transfer, to Guehi for £60+million. Not getting a CB in between those values or a RW is just incredulous and insults our intelligence if the money was there. 

Only thing that makes sense is if the Guehi saga was a cack-handed way to hide the fact money was not there and say we tried to improve.

Has Tosin even played for Chelsea yet ? 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Has Tosin even played for Chelsea yet ? 

Not a single minute in the league yet

He played both legs of their European Conference Play Off

He's not first choice in the league and unless there is injury/suspension can't see him getting too many minutes

Any ITK’s who can find out what Yasir texted to Eales when the camera zoomed in on them during match y’day ?

Yasir sees they’re on telly, pumps out a quick text, Eales goes in his pocket, pulls out his phone, reads it, smirks

My guess was “new stadium incoming, it’s ours boys, keep the faith”  

Edited by bobbydazzla

17 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Any ITK’s who can find out what Yasir texted to Eales when the camera zoomed in on them during match y’day ?

Yasir sees they’re on telly, pumps out a quick text, Eales goes in his pocket, pulls out his phone, reads it, smirks

He texted Eales, “I’m womblemaster marrah” 

PIF are most likely pleased with Eales because the club, their investment, continues to increase in value.

Apparently PIF are over for a standard annual review, so you'd imagine progress in commercial revenue, the stadium, navigating PSR, working relationships and improving the first team squad will be covered.

The idea he's going to be peddled over a bad transfer window is fantasy land. If things begin to stagnate across the board over the next year, it might be a different story.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He's not first choice in the league and unless there is injury/suspension can't see him getting too many minutes

I'd chuck in a daft bid in January tbh.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Mental isn’t it. I mean I get family situation, being happy in London and having a fat wage thrown at him but he’s not going to play, or hardly at all. I suppose he’ll get minutes in Europe. 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

PIF are most likely pleased with Eales because the club, their investment, continues to increase in value.

Apparently PIF are over for a standard annual review, so you'd imagine progress in commercial revenue, the stadium, navigating PSR, working relationships and improving the first team squad will be covered.

The idea he's going to be peddled over a bad transfer window is fantasy land. If things begin to stagnate across the board over the next year, it might be a different story.

Let’s hope they brought the cheque book and are ready to make the serious 1b + investments needed for us to actual achieve the goals they’ve set. 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Mental isn’t it. I mean I get family situation, being happy in London and having a fat wage thrown at him but he’s not going to play, or hardly at all. I suppose he’ll get minutes in Europe. 

Not really, he would be a squad player for us in the medium term as well. 

28 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

‘We need an extra tier’

3 hours ago, macphisto said:

It's not the only thing that makes sense at all considering Eddie himself said that we may opt not to spend money for the sake of it.

So it may be there, but decision was made not to spend as couldn't get our highlighted targets.

Whether or not we should have moved to lower targets is a completely different scenario mind you

Just now, The College Dropout said:

People seem desperate for Eddie to be under pressure or lose his job. 

Eddie is more likely to get sacked before Eales.  Eales is probably yet to action his own plan, just got his own DOF and hasn’t had his own manager.  

FYP.

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I wonder if regret will kick in at some point, I'd sooner play 20-25 Premier League games (which is what he would have played for us at a minimum I reckon) than play 15 (at best) Europa Conference games 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I wonder if regret will kick in at some point, I'd sooner play 20-25 Premier League games (which is what he would have played for us at a minimum I reckon) than play 15 (at best) Europa Conference games 

I doubt he regrets it after 3 games mind, and his competition has a nickname called disaster and the starting is basically Callum Wilson in centre back form. 

49 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

People seem desperate for Eales to be under pressure or lose his job. 

Eddie is more likely to get sacked before Eales.  Eales is probably yet to action his own plan, just got his own DOF and hasn’t had his own manager.  

More upheaval right now would be the worst thing for the club to go through

6 hours ago, Hhtoon said:

It's not the only thing that makes sense at all considering Eddie himself said that we may opt not to spend money for the sake of it.

So it may be there, but decision was made not to spend as couldn't get our highlighted targets.

Whether or not we should have moved to lower targets is a completely different scenario mind you

OK. If you want to believe that, even with money, it's difficult strengthen a team that failed to qualify for Europe and by consensus has a few key areas to improve then fair enough. That's not my view, with a decent scouting network it would not be difficult to significantly improve our team. I don't know what the teams that finished above us were thinking. 

I'm not too bothered what Howe says in regards to the transfer window as he obviously has to put a positive spin on it but look at the actions of the club. 

With regards to targets the club was very flexible in terms on CBs, we went from Tosin to Guehi.