PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Abu Dhabi and Roman got all their spending done and won plenty before the charges could be brought. That put them in a position of power which we simply aren't in. They are on an equal footing with the cartel clubs already now, and I would argue Chelsea are already one of them anyway. Perhaps them selling hotels to themselves and getting away with it will see us now making similar moves. We don't know what agreements we had in place with the PL before they rubber stamped the takeover, but could well be there was some tacit agreement we would play by their rule book. Without knowing the facts it's all speculation.

You didn’t answer my question about multi club. That’s an open hack.  

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You didn’t answer my question about multi club. That’s an open hack.  

I don't know where we are with the multi club option or if we are even pursuing it. So not much point in me giving an opinion on it.

Feels like a lot of the positivity and momentum left us when AS/MG went imho.

This is a pivotal year and it feels like we've got the hired help to deliver it. Corporate suits and salary men in both Eales and Mitchell. Both of whom would jump ship tomorrow if a better offer came along.

I don't get the feeling like they've got that attachment that PCP had.

Maybe it was all a front, maybe they just wanted their investment returned but at least it felt genuine at the time.

There was something a little Keegan-esque about Staveley in her enthusiasm. You aren't replacing that with these two.

If this is growing up, post takeover, I don't like it [emoji38]

Isn’t Man City like that?

my bigger concern that Yasir treats us like a suit.  City are super corporate. But it’s also a bit of a passion project or at least a marquee project. We need Yasir to consider us a marquee or passion project. The suits matter a lot less when that’s the case. If he doesn’t then the suits are everything. 

Why are you so fixated on what PIF need to do TCD? They are the majority shareholder and have put people in place that they trust to execute their vision for the club. PIF is one of the world’s largest public investment funds, with hundreds if not thousands of investment projects in its portfolio, some far bigger than NUFC. Their objective is the betterment of the Saudi people. They are not, nor will they ever act like, a random billionaire with a pet project. As fans all we can expect is that they hire the right people and act with the club’s best interest at heart. So far so good I’d say.

Edited by Unbelievable

11 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Why are you so fixated on what PIF need to do TCD? They are the majority shareholder and have put people in place that they trust to execute their vision for the club. PIF is one of the world’s largest public investment funds, with hundreds if not thousands of investment projects in its portfolio. Their objective is the betterment of the Saudi people. They are not, not will they ever act like, a random billionaire with a pet project. As fans all we can expect is that they hire the right people and act with the club’s best interest at heart. So far so good I’d say.

They have also just increased their share ownership of the cloob! 

Feels like it was a fixed-term contract for  Mandy and hubby to be the grease on the cogs of the takeover and the public face of the club for the following couple of years.  Great job they did of it as well. 

31 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Why are you so fixated on what PIF need to do TCD? They are the majority shareholder and have put people in place that they trust to execute their vision for the club. PIF is one of the world’s largest public investment funds, with hundreds if not thousands of investment projects in its portfolio. Their objective is the betterment of the Saudi people. They are not, not will they ever act like, a random billionaire with a pet project. As fans all we can expect is that they hire the right people and act with the club’s best interest at heart. So far so good I’d say.

Think they need to prioritise their 0.000000003% investment tbh

• 2 weeks later...

Halfs of football like that are often a nice reminder that I'm being sports washed by one of, if not, the most despicable nation-state known to man.

(this is sarcasm by the way)

Edited by Jack27

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

here we go again

Fucking Ziegler. City fans hate him and now I’m understanding why. Perhaps if he turned some of his investigate attention to the Chelsea’s and Man Utd’s of the league?

6 minutes ago, woody said:

Honestly, that article isn't that bad or anything. It does highlight some worries about government interference.

Status quo is the biggest worry as there's too much bias (know I'm preachin' to the choir here). Was that hearing about an independent regulator completely scrapped?

Couldn’t give a monkeys tbh. Rightly or wrongly, Saudi Arabia are a key trading partner and the PL were absolutely mugging them off at every turn. I’m not surprised the respective govt’s were in discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Couldn’t give a monkeys tbh. Rightly or wrongly, Saudi Arabia are a key trading partner and the PL were absolutely mugging them off at every turn. I’m not surprised the respective govt’s were in discussion. 

In no small part because KSA had mugged the PL by allowing state-sanctioned piracy of their broadcasts.  Which is a completely normal thing for a govt to do. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

In no small part because KSA had mugged the PL by allowing state-sanctioned piracy of their broadcasts.  Which is a completely normal thing for a govt to do. 

Aye fair point but for whatever reason they wouldn’t come out and say that and were hiding behind bullshit reasoning and kicking it into the long grass. 

Just now, Likelylad said:

Aye fair point but for whatever reason they wouldn’t come out and say that and were hiding behind bullshit reasoning and kicking it into the long grass. 

They knew what they were doing tbf - put MBS in for the FPO test and then have a de facto head of state ruled as unfit as he’d have been convicted of a crime if he was anywhere else; they’ll have known full well that there’s zero chance that PIF would endure that, creating an impasse and waiting for them to get sick and pull out.  Complete cunt’s trick, they should’ve been upfront 

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

A country's legal system is not a normal thing for a government to concern itself with now..?