PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Having experienced uncertainty over my future and the treatment ahead in my past, I can understand how he’s feeling as far as wanting to crack on until he can’t.

What a bloke.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

It brings us together though and that's why we're up there with the best in terms of support.

Not sure we'll know what to do if we ever win something mind..

Worry until we win another.

What a shock. To be honest, I only saw the first half of the headline for the first couple of hours, so had assumed this all related to the recent problems. Had to reframe my thoughts when I found out otherwise. 

Hope he and his family manage well with everything. I don't really know about this condition at all. How long could he have been dealing with it? For his own sake, is it realistic for him to keep working with us for any serious amount of time?

Never had anything against him, until recent events made me suspicious. But beforehand he always seemed professional and sunny side up - nothing wrong with being light-hearted alongside your business in my view.

Presents an interesting situation for the club, meanwhile. It's almost like a more grandiose version of appointing your DOF after your manager. Dare I say it's a headache Yasir doesn't need.

Sad news, hopefully he beats it and he and his family find the strength for the battle ahead.

He’ll run things until a replacement is found, I’ll assume the ownership will want that to be as soon as possible.

Wondering what football CEO talent is available and what direction this takes the club in.

On a side note it makes me beam when people state they will remain in the area while no longer involved with the club,kids growing up as massive fans and Northumberland beaches and castles and the likes 

13 minutes ago, Holloway said:

On a side note it makes me beam when people state they will remain in the area while no longer involved with the club,kids growing up as massive fans and Northumberland beaches and castles and the likes 

Tyneside is a great place to live particularly the North Side 😉