PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Are we not doing the rainbow laces? Seems the every other clubs is, but nothing on our Twitter. Garbage if we aren’t taking part. 

Aye. Especially that Man City have tweeted about it despite their ownership. 

Ah yeah that's what it was.

Makes no difference to me personally, the club's owned by homophobic cunts whether its PR message contradicts that or not. I get why it might mean something to other people though.  

Edited by kisearch

17 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Masters on takeover, particularly like his last answer re independent body not coming to a different conclusion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59436977

"PIF are an investor in many other companies in this country and maybe football is being targeted and talked about in a different way. I can't choose who is chairing a football club. The owners test doesn't let us take a view on that."……..Bizarre that it took the PL 18 months to work that out…..Reading between the lines, my guess is that Hoffman was the important person in this delay…….Done Now, but this should have happened last May and we wouldn’t have been in this relegation scrap.?

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Not sure how that would work like, they can't just remove them as they own the club.

It depends what's in the legal agreement they made.

Just based on PL rules they can't remove them as owners of the club but they could suspend the club from the league if they didn't sell it in that circumstance. 

Realistically though, it's unlikely they would ever be able to actually prove state control of the club.

Imagine MBS taking time off his schedule to actually 'give an order' on something football-related. He never got involved directly in Uber, Lucid and a host of mega PIF investments. But hey, he will sign that royal decree to bring Mbappe and Haaland to Newcastle United.

You would have thought proving PIF are influenced by MBS would have been a slam dunk, but it wasn’t, proving some company or tourism project isn’t directly linked/related to PIF would be even more difficult.

The temporary ban is also an obstruction of free trade etc.. none of this would have a leg to stand on in court.