PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Wrexhamfc said:

Hi guys

I’m a Wrexham fan but just wanted to post in the madness. Congratulations to you all on this takeover, I’ve always looked up to Newcastle growing up. You fans absolutely deserve this given your fanbase and history, you’re one of the biggest clubs in the world for me and you’ve put up with shit for how long now? 15 years? You absolutely deserve this!

Cant wait to see you challenge for the PL 

:thup:

Not sure if I prefer these type of visitors or 'fuckyougeordies'. 

Who am I kidding, bring on the hate. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

:thup:

Not sure if I prefer these type of visitors or 'fuckyougeordies'. 

Who am I kidding, bring on the hate. 

Just need a 'MackemFaninPeace' and the forum will be complete!

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Dokko said:

They were comfortablely 5 hours behind everyone else last night.

Aye, pet hate of mine is people using them as gospel on football news.  They know nowt.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Similar. The last thing I promised to my dad was I’d get rid of Ashley for him. There were times in the campaign I thought we came close to achieving it. As time went on my dad finally succumb and packed in his ST after many decades of support. Ashley had ground him down. The man who would never leave until after the final whistle no matter the score still in hope we could snatch a point from a score line of impossibility some games. That was my dad. He always had hope but that was slowly taken away from him bit by bit and that is the biggest crime that has taken place in my eyes. 

I’ll always remember @Greg and I struggling to adorn the AshleyOut mobile before we set off to Leicester via Sports Direct HQ. We’d used my parents drive as it was a quiet discrete spot to attach all the banners. After initially trying to leave us to it he couldn’t help himself in his mid 70’s getting involved and climbing up the side of the van to help attach everything safely. You could see the hurt in his eyes of what supporting the club had become but also the pride in his son and friend along with many others on here trying to force some kind of change.

A few years later we returned to the EPL with Rafa and I hoped to entice my dad back for a game after years away. It was the Forest Cup game and tickets were purchased as he reluctantly agreed to go as he claimed nothing was going to change long term under Ashley. Unfortunately for me on the day he felt a little under the weather and he instructed me to give up his ticket. Come the end of extra time and penalties I returned home late only to receive a call from my Mam in a panic saying my dad wasn’t right. I dashed round. He wasn’t. I tried to resuscitate him but it was clear he was already dead and the noises my Mam had heard whilst he lay in bed earlier before ringing me was a fatal heart attack. 

That’s why it was the biggest crime in my eyes. As it would’ve usually took a lot more than a temperature to put him off a match. Even an early round League Cup Game he’d of always of wanted to go but that was taken from him as he was sadly from me about a decade too early in each case. I always wonder the timings and if he’d had the heart attack during the tail end of the game might he of survived with all the medical help and myself on hand to help rather than stuck at home with my Mam who struggled to fathom how to use the phone to ring me.

So I’d failed in my promise to get rid of Ashley which always hurts but let’s hope for us all in here and the thousands and thousands of others that hopefully today or any day soon now, we are ALL rid of Ashley even if it is of his own accord.

As for that trip to Leicester I proudly held aloft a banner saying “We don’t demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries!” and that’s all my dad ever wanted too along with us all on here I think. That banner still sits in my outhouse collecting dust. Let’s ALL hope it never needs to be dusted down again. 

So hopefully this is the last time I’ll need to type or mutter these words… Ashley Out!

Beautiful post, and really, thank you for sharing. I'm certain he was so proud of you and everything you've done, and this is what this takeover really comes down to; us getting our club back. That's what matters the most, and it's ground so many of us down having to see the thing we love taken away from us year after year until it is what we have now. A shell, hollow and barely functioning.

This is going to be huge for all of us.

Ashely Out, forever.

9 minutes ago, wormy said:

May have just bought a ticket for Spurs from the other end of the country with no travel or accommodation plans.. is this what it feels like to care again? :lol: 

If you come up and we fly over we should get drunk

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Aye, pet hate of mine is people using them as gospel on football news.  They know nowt.

They appear to have been on about a five hour lag to every other outlet.  Think they're just trying to spin out the drama but it's just making them look even more shit.

Just now, Anderson said:

Spurs is going to be some party like, win or lose on the booze. Fancy us to do them if we're caught up in a wave of optimism with Wilson et al back too. When was the last time we had a full house?

its going to be bouncing

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Reds vs Blues ain't it? Have work planned that weekend, but will try to plan around it! Do we have a home game on that weekend?

Yes, Chelsea at home.

It's Lockwood cup tournament, not reds vs blues.