PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Loving the complete defiance angle they're taking. PL clubs created a bullshit rule that they thought would prevent this and AS and co have just completely ignored it and are quite prepared to just roll straight over them, superb stuff. Their bullshit, unenforceable temporary block would get laughed out of court, they know it, AS knows it and they couldn't be more dismissive of it and the PL, they're doing exactly what they want and full credit to them. They've got their elbows out and are fighting their corner, fantastic to see and hear the owners of the club willing to do everything they possibly can to compete as much as they possibly can, it's the polar opposite of what was here just 6 weeks ago. They've got my full support, take them on, sign the deals, get the cash into the club and call their shitty bluff, fuck them.  

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

"Staveley claimed today that the club will be in a position to activate new contracts later this month which would provide new manager Eddie Howe with funding to overhaul Newcastle's squad during the January transfer window, as well enabling them to rip down the last vestiges of the Mike Ashley regime, the Sports Direct signage."

beautiful!!

19 minutes ago, midds said:

Loving the complete defiance angle they're taking. PL clubs created a bullshit rule that they thought would prevent this and AS and co have just completely ignored it and are quite prepared to just roll straight over them, superb stuff. Their bullshit, unenforceable temporary block would get laughed out of court, they know it, AS knows it and they couldn't be more dismissive of it and the PL, they're doing exactly what they want and full credit to them. They've got their elbows out and are fighting their corner, fantastic to see and hear the owners of the club willing to do everything they possibly can to compete as much as they possibly can, it's the polar opposite of what was here just 6 weeks ago. They've got my full support, take them on, sign the deals, get the cash into the club and call their shitty bluff, fuck them.  

Lovely 

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I just want to see that cunt forced to walk out of SJP, carrying his overflowing box of personal belongings under his arm through a tunnel of sneering fans.

ly9ppG.gif

I'd like to see that too, although he'd have to be fully clothed. No-one needs to see penfold's little tiddler as they hoy cabbages and piss bottles at his thumb-heed

Edited by Willow

24 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Not a massive fan of her then saying it does depend on the league. Pre warning them we intend to move as soon as possible seems like a sure fire way to get them to stop us before we can. 

They cannot stop us, and they know that.

The only mention Amanda made of anything "depending on the league" was in relation to the "speed" (or otherwise) with which they deal with things - thats all!

Don't give the EPL any credit for being able to DO anything that we don't want them to, ever. They know we have the legal power to stop their craven attempts at cheating.

Edited by manorpark

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Can the other clubs actually stop these sponsorship deals going through ? 

I doubt it, but their rules allow them to reduce the figure taken into account in the FFP calculation from any related party sponsorship to a fair market value.

Determining what is a fair market value and/or related party is probably going to be a legal minefield for them.

It seems their plans for the club (off the field). from when they were all but about to buy us over 20 months ago will be easier to enact than it has been in getting a manager in as things no doubt changed massively on the playing side in between that time. Off the field I can see lots of things happening sooner rather than later, like sponsorships, upgrading facilities, planning on a new academy, upgrading the scouting and coaching network below the first team etc. Exciting times lie ahead for our club, I think I’m just as excited by what happens or could happen off the field. There has been 14 years of criminal neglect. Shearer said the academy and training facilities haven’t changed since he last played bar the odd lick of paint, that says it all!

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Can the other clubs actually stop these sponsorship deals going through ? 

No, of course they cannot, but they will most certainly try !!!

Don't give the EPL (and the childish, jealous clubs) any credit for being able to DO anything that we don't want them to, ever.

They will all know that we have the legal power to stop their craven attempts at cheating.