PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

30 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Somebody with artistic talent please knock up a Newcastle mock shirt with the Al Qiddiya logo on the front. Need to see how good it looks. 

A little rudimentary but perhaps something like this would be its simplest form, without needing to place the type & mark upon a coloured rectangle for contrast.

SlF23dv.png

12 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Qiddiya is obviously a “related party”though, so not sure how that gets approved under the Cartel’s proposed new rule changes?

Not that obvious given MBS is the de facto head of PIF but separate for legal purposes......apparently.

Edited by madras

I still find it all a little absurd, that so many are happy to be a walking, living advertisement for some company, betting firm or project. I think in the 90s with the likes of Sharp and Brown Ale, the respective kits and players became synonymous with one another and thus it served as a powerful symbol, but I just feel it's all a bit tacky these days. I can't tell if it's just due to becoming less impressionable with age or that the handling of it these days it just more grotesque and discordant.

Just now, Infinitely Content said:

I still find it all a little absurd, that so many are happy to be a walking, living advertisement for some company, betting firm or project. I think in the 90s with the likes of Sharp and Brown Ale, the respective kits and players became synonymous with one another and thus it served as a powerful symbol, but I just feel it's all a bit tacky these days. I can't tell if it's just due to becoming less impressionable with age or that the handling of it these days it just more grotesque and discordant.

Who’s happy about it? 

1 minute ago, Infinitely Content said:

Well, they buy the kits so there's a level of consent and endorsement, no?

Kind of I suppose. If you held a poll on whether people would rather have a sponsor or a plain shirt, I’m pretty sure plain would win. That’s just not an option for us. 

21 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

A little rudimentary but perhaps something like this would be its simplest form, without needing to place the type & mark upon a coloured rectangle for contrast.

SlF23dv.png

Change it to gold and its decent.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Kind of I suppose. If you held a poll on whether people would rather have a sponsor or a plain shirt, I’m pretty sure plain would win. That’s just not an option for us. 

Yes without a doubt. Indeed it's not an option for us or any team anymore, it simply becomes a choice of is the desire to buy a kit to exhibit my support for the team I love greater than the unease and aversion to wearing an often rather large corporate logo front & centre. No right or wrong, but a personal decision each person makes whether consciously or unconsciously.

I refuse to buy replica kits mostly because of the sponsors, and that I think it’s a bit cringe seeing hairy arsed blokes walking around in Toon tops outside of a match day.

*Retro tops are cool btw…

Edited by HTT II

On 13/11/2021 at 19:40, Rich said:

Should be on commission, but if everyone used Brave browser (https://brave.com) and turned script blocking on it makes it actually usable and happily doesn’t give them any ad revenue.

Any chance you could help with importing bookmarks from safari?

looked online but nothing working