PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Spot on, since day 1 of this takeover the fans have been buoyant and revelling in being able to support the club again. Unfortunately, the players bar maybe 1 or 2 clearly couldn’t give a fuck. I’ve listened to folk who say it’s to do with a lack of ability and simply not being good enough, today for me proves that’s simply not true. 

These players haven’t responded to the unprecedented euphoria around a club following a takeover and subsequently a change of manager. Yes we’ve had some bad luck and certain calls go against us, but the lack of real response to the backing they’ve received in recent weeks is unforgivable. 

I get the impression some of the cunts we’re quite happy under the previous regime and don’t share our enthusiasm for this takeover.

The new owners and support deserve far better than these spineless cunts. Today was a fucking disgrace and hopefully the majority of these players won’t be darkening our door for much longer.

Spot on for me.  Remember when the likes of Ritchie were going on how much happier they were when Bruce replaced Benitez?  That ‘relaxed’ atmosphere appealed to them.

Howe deserves criticism for today’s result - but most of the players deserve vitriol.  Other than Trippier, there’s not a single player who started today who I would hope will be here the next time we play an FA Cup match.

3 hours ago, Elephant said:

We’ll see very soon what their true ambition is. They can either go big or go to Championship.

They'll go big. Although I've no doubt they'll be seriously pissed off at how big they will need to go. Gayle, Shelvey and Ritchie new contracts? Only one person to blame for that and it's Steve Bruce, he basically admitted it as well. 

Massive money needs throwing at this side now. They're not good enough, we've hung on to far to many crap players for far to long now, and with the reliance on certain players, injuries to Wilson, lack of good enough quality to step in, etc etc.

It's act now, or take relegation and try and bounce back. 

I honestly dont know where we go from here, this is mainly down to the loss of Wilson, and the fact we concede far too many, but also dont convert or take our best chances at the other end. Add to that covid, and the fact Var seems against us along with dodgy referees. 

Tough times ahead. I'm convinced we need to spend, Striker is a big priority now.

There is not one player I want at the club bar Wilson and Tripps 

The lot of them know they will soon be out and are playing like it

Edited by GWN

27 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Spot on for me.  Remember when the likes of Ritchie were going on how much happier they were when Bruce replaced Benitez?  That ‘relaxed’ atmosphere appealed to them.

Howe deserves criticism for today’s result - but most of the players deserve vitriol.  Other than Trippier, there’s not a single player who started today who I would hope will be here the next time we play an FA Cup match.

To be fair to him Ritchie probably took the polar opposite view. 

It was Hayden who said that.

32 minutes ago, GWN said:

They were playing like it even before they knew they would be out. They are actually just shit. It's not that complicated. 

27 minutes ago, GWN said:

This is what's worrying me. Most of the players know that either we survive or go down most of them will be replaced in the summer. That may not make them work as hard as we need to stay up.

Need to get the spine of the team in place now in january.

Hopefully the game tonight will work as a motivator to the players for the upcoming games.

These players, if they have any hope of continuing their careers after nufc can't just down tools.

Barely any of them will just waltz into another team on the back of this very public and humiliating relegation. 

They're not of wijnaldum quality.

It’s a fucking mess, Ashley and Bruce have left the club on it’s knees. Losing is now ingrained in the mentality of the club and we don’t even know how to beat a league 1 side. 

The whole mentality of the club needs reset and it’s going to take time. What does concern me currently is Nickson running the scouting, he’s responsible for Almiron and Joelinton and shouldn’t be near recommending players. Tripppier was a no brainer, but if where going for overseas targets, this cunts recommendations concern me massively.

Massive rebuild needed and they’ll deserve huge plaudits if they get us out of this. 

Edited by Whitley mag

13 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

This is what's worrying me. Most of the players know that either we survive or go down most of them will be replaced in the summer. That may not make them work as hard as we need to stay up.

Need to get the spine of the team in place now in january.

Hopefully the game tonight will work as a motivator to the players for the upcoming games.

Going to be a case where there’s a ridiculous bonus offered just for getting to 17th.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s a fucking mess, Ashley and Bruce have left the club on it’s knees. Losing is now ingrained in the mentality of the club and we don’t even know how to beat a league 1 side. 

The whole mentality of the club needs reset and it’s going to take time. What does concern me currently is Nickson running the scouting, he’s responsible for Almiron and Joelinton and shouldn’t be near recommending players. Tripppier was a no brainer, but if where going for overseas targets, this cunts recommendations concern me massively.

Massive rebuild needed and they’ll deserve huge plaudits if they get us out of this. 

I do agree with you, but wasn’t Almiron Rafa’s idea?

I do hope we replace Nickson though, I’m sure we will when we get a DoF. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I do agree with you, but wasn’t Almiron Rafa’s idea?

I do hope we replace Nickson though, I’m sure we will when we get a DoF. 

Possibly, I think Nickson spent a longtime working on the Almiron deal though.

Agreed, we desperately need someone in to oversee the football operation who knows what they’re doing. 

The players have been conditioned into staying goalside and not taking risks for several years now. Getting ahead of the ball and making an aggressive run has  been drilled out out them, none of them take risks, none of them move from their zones, it's rigid and also means we're a fucking dream to play against. 

The whole mentality of the squad needs to change, "pass and move" is simple but it's been so long since players were looking to get forward that attitude has vanished. It's now "pass and stay", zero ambition, uncreative, miserable and ultimately ineffective football. This is Howe's biggest challenge. Get them to actually get on the ball and play football and take a few risks, be more ambitious on the pitch and ask some questions of the opposition. 

4 minutes ago, midds said:

The players have been conditioned into staying goalside and not taking risks for several years now. Getting ahead of the ball and making an aggressive run has  been drilled out out them, none of them take risks, none of them move from their zones, it's rigid and also means we're a fucking dream to play against. 

The whole mentality of the squad needs to change, "pass and move" is simple but it's been so long since players were looking to get forward that attitude has vanished. It's now "pass and stay", zero ambition, uncreative, miserable and ultimately ineffective football. This is Howe's biggest challenge. Get them to actually get on the ball and play football and take a few risks, be more ambitious on the pitch and ask some questions of the opposition. 

I’ve never seen a group of players more terrified of shooting.

What I would pay to read the new owners thoughts right now.

Had they planned a relegation contingency and are comfortable if not a bit irked if it happens.

Had they not even considered relegation and thought we could stave it off and are now getting cold feet.

I know it's cliche, but only Newcastle could defy relegation season after season with dross, then get taken over and it becoming an almost guarantee to go down[emoji38]

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Was just thinking that this morning. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the board room after a performance like that yesterday.

Staveley looks like she is shitting herself every time the camera zooms onto the directors box. She could well be on borrowed time if things don’t start improving very soon, as I can’t see the Saudis being very happy at current events. 

Relegation will be a disaster, but if it happens and it's enough to make PIF want to get shot of us then it would show that the "we are patient investors" stuff was just bluster and they just saw us as something to improve for a bit and then flip for a profit. I hope that isn't the case but there is that nagging feeling that if the worst happens then they might just look to move on. It would be so NUFC for it to happen too.

Chris Waugh has always said that whilst relegation would be shite, it wouldn’t make the consortium any less determined to make a success of things. So I’m not too worried about that.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Staveley looks like she is shitting herself every time the camera zooms onto the directors box. She could well be on borrowed time if things don’t start improving very soon, as I can’t see the Saudis being very happy at current events. 

I think it would be really harsh to give her the boot based on what has happened so far. Mistakes have been made, and I don't think she has been ruthless enough, but she has transformed the club's PR and that cannot be underestimated. She needs to put a rocket under everyone at the club now though, and that includes Howe because that result yesterday was completely unacceptable.

Just now, Wandy said:

I think it would be really harsh to give her the boot based on what has happened so far. Mistakes have been made, and I don't think she has been ruthless enough, but she has transformed the club's PR and that cannot be underestimated. She needs to put a rocket under everyone at the club now though, and that includes Howe because that result yesterday was completely unacceptable.

Maybe harsh, but the Saudis won’t let it keep running the way it currently is. The club’s PR is secondary to what happens on the pitch, and I personally see very little/no improvement in that area.

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Relegation will be a disaster, but if it happens and it's enough to make PIF want to get shot of us then it would show that the "we are patient investors" stuff was just bluster and they just saw us as something to improve for a bit and then flip for a profit. I hope that isn't the case but there is that nagging feeling that if the worst happens then they might just look to move on. It would be so NUFC for it to happen too.

If we got relegated and they sold us they'd make a massive loss, why on earth would they do that? 

Even if we accept they don't intend on chucking lots of money at us and it is indeed a sensible investment which they are seeking a return on, then how is taking a big loss in less than a year on the club fit within that investment? 

Just now, et tu brute said:

Maybe harsh, but the Saudis won’t let it keep running the way it currently is. The club’s PR is secondary to what happens on the pitch, and I personally see very little/no improvement in that area.

She deserves till the end of the season though at least. She has simply got to get another 4 players in this month though, including a top class striker.

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

If we got relegated and they sold us they'd make a massive loss, why on earth would they do that? 

Even if we accept they don't intend on chucking lots of money at us and it is indeed a sensible investment which they are seeking a return on, then how is taking a big loss in less than a year on the club fit within that investment? 

Fair point. But they might just think its better to take that loss when considering all of the factors that are going against them. The entire PL hate us and will attempt to do even more stuff to prevent our progress while we are out of the league. The Saudis might just cut their losses based on that.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

She deserves till the end of the season though at least. She has simply got to get another 4 players in this month though, including a top class striker.

She will probably get that, let’s see with the signings though, as when the likes of Wood are being mentioned as targets, then that is a big concern to me. Time will tell though.