PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Part owner and Director of a real estate company that has over 3000 properties around KSA. Also, work alongside PIF in an advisory role on many of their housing and economic development projects :) .

Nice. Resi or commercial properties?

53 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That’s what he told me, he said everywhere was double strict, but certain hotels that were not state owned basically allowed drinking in their rooms in private, not sure if they sold it themselves mind, I’ve not seen him in a while, he’s currently working in Dhaka.

I cannot stress this enough but alcohol just cannot be bought in Saudi at all. Not in the shops, not in the hotels, nowhere. It's a dry country. It's not just hard to get, it just doesn't exist as a consumer product. Finding a hotel in Saudi that sells alcohol is about as plausible as finding a hotel in the UK that sells heroin.

Maybe he got some illegal homebrew off a work colleague or maybe at a push a hotel employee, and drank it in his room (Something I did once and it genuinely felt like I was doing a drug deal and I decided then and there I really didn't need alcohol that badly to ever do that again), but that's about as far as it'll go.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, things are really improving at a rapid rate here. Would still say Jeddah (my hometown) is still the most liberal city in KSA though.

Jeddah I found to be quite beautiful and fairly liberal.

Balcony-Beer.png

Spoiler

That's 0% Budweiser, sadly, which you can buy. I'd just promised I'd have a beer sat on the balcony watching the sunset. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I cannot stress this enough but alcohol just cannot be bought in Saudi at all. Not in the shops, not in the hotels, nowhere. It's a dry country. It's not just hard to get, it just doesn't exist as a consumer product. Finding a hotel in Saudi that sells alcohol is about as plausible as finding a hotel in the UK that sells heroin.

Maybe he got some illegal homebrew off a work colleague or maybe at a push a hotel employee, and drank it in his room (Something I did once and it genuinely felt like I was doing a drug deal and I decided then and there I really didn't need alcohol that badly to ever do that again), but that's about as far as it'll go.

I’m just going off what my pal told me, he didn’t elaborate whether the hotel sold him it or whether he got it elsewhere.

Guest Biggsbond14
23 hours ago, Kanji said:

The players will be in state of the art facilities :lol:

Shock to the system from wheelie bins 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Would really like to go to KSA purely for the experience, a bit like North Korea.

Although I’d be petrified of doing or saying something wrong. Would probably leave my phone at home.

:lol: it’s nothing like North Korea, man. Bit like Dubai but less bars and (slightly) less prostitutes.

13 hours ago, McCormick said:

:lol: it’s nothing like North Korea, man. Bit like Dubai but less bars and (slightly) less prostitutes.

Would you say more like AD? That’s way more conservative - especially with expectations of clothing. Dubai is loose af 😂

Good point about the prostitutes. Always find a way to thrive.

They had a chance to have everything lined up and good to go in January. They should have known how fine the margins were, and from seeing our team, how shattered it was from Bruce.

I'm sure they'll be successful long-term, but they've shot themselves (and us) in the foot, and are about to see a significant devaluation in their team when we go down in May.

Have we even replaced Charnley? Is Hammond still at the club? Have we strengthened the staff at any level of the club (aside from the coaching team) yet? There hasn't really been much communication, if any, since the takeover.

They’ve made a series of mistakes that have already cost us points, imo.

Not sacking Bruce immediately, not appointing a replacement quickly, the lack of a football structure in time for January.

I’m also not convinced other than Trippier we have prepared particularly well with signings.

I’m surprised it’s taken three bids and however much negotiating to realise Botman isn’t for sale. Unless Lille’s public message is different to the private one.

I would have hoped we’d have scoped initial discussions with clubs and agents ahead of January and moved much quicker.

I think they’ll definitely get it right eventually, but like Howe, they need to improve or we’re heading down.