PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I fail to see why any decent player would join us at the moment…yes we have the potential, but I don’t think that is enough for most players who seek instant gratification. One look at the table reveals relegation and the championship next season…do players really want that…I fear we made a huge mistake months ago dilly dallying with a new manager appointment which has greatly affected our January transfer window…Our only chance IMO is the hope that PIF will throw the Cheque book into the ring……try and get 6 more players 2 CB’s, 3 Midfield and a Forward……However who would come and would PIF really spend….Big questions…

If we're being honest with ourselves, let's face it apart from the fan interaction, it's been an absolute clusterfuck since they arrived, one humiliation after another.

I'm not sure how the Saudis will react at being so publicly humiliated but clearly things will change, and I honestly think Staveley will be the first to go.

5 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

If we're being honest with ourselves, let's face it apart from the fan interaction, it's been an absolute clusterfuck since they arrived, one humiliation after another.

I'm not sure how the Saudis will react at being so publicly humiliated but clearly things will change, and I honestly think Staveley will be the first to go.

I agree.

If i where PIF i would get the best and most competent people to run the club.

Amanda should always get a lot of credit for getting rid of Ashley, i just hope she understands her own limitations and steps down before her legacy is stained.

19 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

:lol:

I get negativity surrounding our position in the league and tonights result, but the hysteria that accompanies it is utterly embarrassing.  "One humiliation after another" man, its not even close. I totally get why opposition fans look at us and think we're a total basket case.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I get negativity surrounding our position in the league and tonights result, but the hysteria that accompanies it is utterly embarrassing.  "One humiliation after another" man, its not even close. I totally get why opposition fans look at us and think we're a total basket case.

They have their fair share as well, to state the obvious.

For 2 years I remained highly optimistic that the takeover would happen even during the dark days. October 7th will be etched into history…… 7 games had gone in the season and I looked forward to a quick rise up the table, even with our squad, a fruitful January transfer month and never again have to worry about relegation….so what has gone wrong…….There will no doubt be excuses and reasons behind our dismal performances both on and off the pitch…..I’ll offer one glaring reason……A MANAGER…..I’m still hopeful that Eddie will eventually see us through this season without relegation, but let’s be honest, if we had attracted the right manager back in October, he would have had 30 games to make changes to our performances plus a January window….instead we dilly dallied around appointing a manager….went on an abysmal run, leaving us in the bottom 2 and making it so difficult to attract players to the club in this transfer window. If we survive relegation it will be more about the fact that there may be 3 clubs even worse than us…..As grateful I am with the the takeover, I do feel they have made fatal early mistakes, which may take years to rectify if we are relegated….

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What do you think they've done well in terms of football decisions?

We've become a bit if a running joke in case you haven't noticed?

4 hours ago, Tiresias said:

i agree with that but i think we're probably down anyway. Need to take championship year to rebuild squad and then hope the premier league dont change the rules to ban us when we come back up (they totally will)

We're down - 100%.  We've blown every chance we had of staying up.  The only thing we can hope for is that lessons have been learnt and PIF recruit a DOF in to properly run the club and spend out budget a bit more wisely.

Edited by duo

32 minutes ago, Robster said:

We've been that for many, many years.

True, but we had well known skinflint/arsehole Mike Ashley in charge. Its a bit harder to take when you're literally the wealthiest club on the planet.

Edited by UncleBingo

Whatever way you look at it this takeover came like a thief in the night. The consortium were planning to take over a club with Benitez at the helm and the the next thing you know bang they’ve got the takeover.

But no Benitez. So what do you do? There was no plan B because they weren’t even expecting to get plan A and then suddenly it happens. What do you do? 

I agree in an ideal world they should have binned Bruce straight off but they were caught on the hop. They may have had other managers in mind aside from Benitez but managers just don’t wait around without a job in case an unlikely takeover happens. 

I just can’t blame the consortium for any of this. I really think they are doing their best in an almost impossible situation. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

Whatever way you look at it this takeover came like a thief in the night. The consortium were planning to take over a club with Benitez at the helm and the the next thing you know bang they’ve got the takeover.

But no Benitez. So what do you do? There was no plan B because they weren’t even expecting to get plan A and then suddenly it happens. What do you do? 

I agree in an ideal world they should have binned Bruce straight off but they were caught on the hop. They may have had other managers in mind aside from Benitez but managers just don’t wait around without a job in case an unlikely takeover happens. 

I just can’t blame the consortium for any of this. I really think they are doing their best in an almost impossible situation. 

It didn’t come like a thief in the night to the PIF - they were clearly working in the background to finalise it.  They didn’t just settle the piracy on a whim.

It came as a shock to the others in the consortium - which is hardly a vote of confidence in them by PIF.  Their deal-maker couldn’t get the deal, so they sorted it themselves. 

Either way, Staveley had an interview a month before saying how they’d been planning for the summer just gone in case it happened.  The excuse doesn’t stack up. 

9 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

It didn’t come like a thief in the night to the PIF - they were clearly working in the background to finalise it.  They didn’t just settle the piracy on a whim.

It came as a shock to the others in the consortium - which is hardly a vote of confidence in them by PIF.  Their deal-maker couldn’t get the deal, so they sorted it themselves. 

Either way, Staveley had an interview a month before saying how they’d been planning for the summer just gone in case it happened.  The excuse doesn’t stack up. 

They've made mistakes, and not getting a European top manager (even if it cost X millions a year) in from the off has hindered them somewhat.   I like Howe but this group of players doesn't need a manager who is nice with them (see Bruce) they need someone to come in and kick arse!

Anyway, it is, what it is.  I personally think we are down but whilst its not a mathematical certainty I will always have that hope.    Some one mentioned, we are difficult to beat but not at beating ourselves!    Thats where I will leave this for tonight.   Hopefully this time next week the team will have been very diffrent and we are celebrating a win..........I Hope!

Edited by Awaymag

19 minutes ago, LV said:

I don't think anyone is blaming the consortium as under Ashley we were down - 100%.  It's more a missed opportunity as with better planning and appointments we had a fighting chance of staying up.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I think it’s been pretty badly ran considering the time frame. Recruitment was the number 1 priority. That process should have been properly implemented, with the correct appointments.

Say what you want but how Watford can find a decent DM for 4m and we can’t seem to find a single player despite our wealth. That’s not good enough so far. 

In part that's Ashley's doing - I don't think we had much of a scouting network.  Where we've really fallen down is not bringing the right people in to run the club to help ensure we get the right appointment and sign the right players.  It all feels a bit amateurish atm from the recruitment of the manger to the signing of players. And it's costing us.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah definitely, I think this is clearly one of the most important transfer Windows in our history and don’t feel that we’ve done very well so far. That’s so far though, depends how it ends I guess.

We should have had deals lined up like Trippier so as soon as the transfer window opened we sealed the deal.  It's too late now imo. 

I'm happy to reserve judgment until the end of the window. But if we're going into the Feb games with marginal improvements at best then they should absolutely be pilloried for it.

I can see some sense in building up through the window, players that we really want may come available the closer you get to the deadline. But does that counterbalance the risk of maybe getting 5th/6th targets in earlier to help make the difference? I guess if the players are really, really good then yeah. Basically, they've got to pull some more Trippier-like stuff out of the bag.

I’m just thankful it’s them owning us right now and not MA. 

I was thinking of what they could have done differently earlier today but there’s absolutely no sense in doing that. I wonder how long they give Howe, I’m sure the entire ownership is frustrated as all of us. The PCP management contract is hinging on us staying up imo. 

I’m not criticising the ownership it’s early days and they’ve got a lot to sort out. 

it’s very unfortunate they bought a club which has had zero investment for 14 years and in absolute free fall. The last thing we wanted was none football people hiring a manager and spinning money on his targets. We will have exactly the same lack of continuity as we’ve sufferers from for years. 

Whatever happens Howe has to remain in place until we have a top class DOF and then all football decisions should be handled by this person including who is the manager, coaches etc. 

We are still a tin point club and we have to get that changed ASAP. 

These people have my unequivocal backing for many years. They’ll get it right eventually and so what if they decided to back the managers judgement this window, it wasn’t an unreasonable decision to think he would be the best placed person in our predicament.

Look at Rafa he’s signed 2 fucking full backs yet again and will be sacked. Many wouldn’t be saying anything if he was making the call on transfers this January.

Are they struggling to sign players because we haven’t got a DOF, or is it simply because January is not a month to conduct a rebuild. I strongly suspect the latter is the major reason.

If folk want to blame the owners for this relegation then crack on, but in my opinion it’ll be misguided and only 2 men will be responsible for this mess. 

At this point would I take Ashley still being here and shit housing our way to survival with no hope, or relegation under new owners with every hope and genuine ambitions of being a force again some day.

I’d take relegation every fucking time the club is alive again. 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Keep playing like they do and these fuckers could end up in the Saudi embassy, and we all know what happens in there 

Any need?