PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Whilst a year in the Champo probably sets us back a little, not to mention the constant piss taking for 12 months, it won’t do any long term damage. 

A mass clear out of those stinking out the squad, making a start on the rebuild of the training ground, and maybe some tlc to the ground whilst setting up the foundations for long term success. 

if we can maintain the current atmosphere we would scare the shit out of a lot of teams down there. 

So relegation - a setback yes, but certainly not the end of the world - and yes they could have acted quicker on a number of things but let’s not forget it’s largely the actions of the previous lot who got us where we are now. 

Can we not have a mass clear out a league up? I’ve never got the notion of needing to go down to rebuild. Relegation wouldn’t prevent the owners from going after their long term goals, but it’s a spanner in the works and would be very damaging short-term. Let’s not be blasé about relegation. 

My main concern with us going into the Championship is PIF loosing interest and buying another club albeit in another league to show case.  Newcastle in the Championship doesn't quite fit that bill. Who knows how long it'd even take to get promotion.

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

You want the best people in at all times if possible on and off the pitch, but if they are struggling in certain areas, short term stuff shouldn’t be ignored. I do trust they will eventually get it right, that and we might have to suffer some initial pain for longer gain. It’s very frustrating though.

Yeah, I hate it.

Ive been in a proper bad mood since Watford equalised yesterday. 

Guest Biggsbond14
1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

We are literally only two points, two points from safety [emoji38]  I grant you it doesn't look good, but we're obviously going to buy more players. A certainty it certainly isn't.

Noticed leeds have 3 games in hand as of now so serious shit if they pick up points and also beat us then that will only leave us and Watford possibly fighting down here unless Everton get deeper in the dirt 

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

Considering the position we’re in, 2 signings in 2 weeks is absolutely horrific and rank amateur by those running the club, after yesterday’s result relegation is now a certainty 

In fairness they are amateur when it comes to running a football club so I think allowing them some slack is fair.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Can we not have a mass clear out a league up? I’ve never got the notion of needing to go down to rebuild. Relegation wouldn’t prevent the owners from going after their long term goals, but it’s a spanner in the works and would be very damaging short-term. Let’s not be blasé about relegation. 

It would be very damaging in terms of FFP, especially if we spaff a load more money in this window and still go down. The positive position we have now in terms of FFP would be completely gone and our hands would be pretty tied in building from there.

I have several friends originally from SA and they say relegation would be deemed a huge embarrassment for the rulers of SA and a sign of sovereign weakness. I’m hoping if true, they will go all out to give us the best chance possible by strengthening the team with new players, again they don’t have to be super stars or Botman type big money buys.

I’m sure Amanda and Mehrdad are well intentioned and only want the best for the club, but they are not football people at the end of the day. Their biggest mistake so far has been not to bring in an experienced DOF. Should have been the first appointment before even bringing a manager in. 

They’ll get it right eventually. Hopefully eventually won’t be too late. 

1 minute ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Noticed leeds have 3 games in hand as of now so serious shit if they pick up points and also beat us then that will only leave us and Watford possibly fighting down here unless Everton get deeper in the dirt 

We need to strengthen the spine, CM and CB will be the only way out of the mess for me. And if we don't we're done, and as you say it's between us, Watford along with Norwich and Burnley for the 3 places. I suppose someone else might get dragged in, can't see myself though.

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Yeah, I hate it.

Ive been in a proper bad mood since Watford equalised yesterday. 

Aye same here, I’m in a better mood now after my boy scored 2 in a 3-1 win against arguably one of the best teams in the NE today who usually beat us, every kid of theirs is either in the elite academy set up at NUFC or SAFC (some both). We battered them and it should have been 7 or 8 not 3. Yesterday was utterly rank, however. 3 minutes or so to go man FFS!

Just now, HTT II said:

Aye same here, I’m in a better mood now after my boy scored 2 in a 3-1 win against arguably one of the best teams in the NE today who usually beat us, every kid of theirs is either in the elite academy set up at NUFC or SAFC (some both). We battered them and it should have been 7 or 8 not 3. Yesterday was utterly rank, however. 3 minutes or so to go man FFS!

well done HTT jr!

Whats his availability for the Leeds match? 

Edited by LV

Just now, LV said:

well done HTT jr!

Best he’s played today, he knows most of the kids from the other team and seems to turn it on against the better teams/players, very frustrating, but I was super proud today, you can’t beat watching talented 8 year olds play like Man City to beat, well, a Man City type team at this level.

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

We are literally only two points, two points from safety [emoji38]  I grant you it doesn't look good, but we're obviously going to buy more players. A certainty it certainly isn't.

The teams around us have plenty of games in hand, they’re playing each other this week, we can’t seem to beat the teams around us. We keep blowing chances to catch up and we are not winning our ‘must win’ games. 

Of course it isn’t over. But if you can’t win that game against Watford from that position. Then when are you going to start?

The team looks absolutely finished. Still can’t defend, don’t create much at the other end and so we’re not scoring many, either. No bollocks in the squad, we have had no real lift from Howe and 1 win in 22 in all comps or whatever it is. Absolutely pathetic. 

I’m nowhere near as confident of getting top quality players in this window, as some. Seems like we are fixated on the same 2-3 players and we’re banging our head against a brick wall with all of them. Even if we somehow got 4 starters in. That might not even be enough, such is the perilous position we find ourselves in. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

The teams around us have plenty of games in hand, they’re playing each other this week, we can’t seem to beat the teams around us. We keep blowing chances to catch up and we are not winning our ‘must win’ games. 

Of course it isn’t over. But if you can’t win that game against Watford from that position. Then when are you going to start?

The team looks absolutely finished. Still can’t defend, don’t create much at the other end and so we’re not scoring many, either. No bollocks in the squad, we have had no real lift from Howe and 1 win in 22 in all comps or whatever it is. Absolutely pathetic. 

I’m nowhere near as confident of getting top quality players in this window, as some. Seems like we are fixated on the same 2-3 players and we’re banging our head against a brick wall with all of them. Even if we somehow got 4 starters in. That might not even be enough, such is the perilous position we find ourselves in. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

That is something i totally agree with, and it does look grim. But with a couple more buys in the right areas, and only a couple of points adrift, well there's a chance we can stay up imo. I wouldn't say I'm optimistic, just not defeated would be the better phrase.

A completely rebuilt training facility is probably “three or four years away” but it will rival any in the division. The likelihood is that this will involve relocation, an area of expertise for Reuben, whose family are long-term property investors on Tyneside. “We’ve done a lot of work on this already,” one figure says. “We’ve got a good steer on what’s possible. It’s going to be exciting.”