PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I have no issue with pragmatic football. I do have issue with purposeless nothing football. Bruce served that up. Excuses every day and blamed everyone but himself. Rafa played intentionally and released the shackles when they were able to play properly on both ends of the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Or they're distancing themselves from an embarrassing failure, which might also be the reason why no Saudi sponsorship deals have been announced yet. 

Or sponsorship deals aren’t rated at fair market value in the championship, so they are waiting to sign the deal until next season which would then write off what we would lose when relegated 

Edited by nufcnick

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Or they're distancing themselves from an embarrassing failure, which might also be the reason why no Saudi sponsorship deals have been announced yet. 

Well that's a cheery thing to see on blue Monday isn't it [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Or sponsorship deals aren’t rated at fair market value in the championship, so they are waiting to sign the deal until next season which would then write off what we would lose when relegated 

They are:

2.3          The Executive shall determine whether consideration included in the Club’s Earnings Before Tax arising from a Related Party Transaction is recorded in the Club’s Annual Accounts at a Fair Market Value. If it is not, the Executive shall restate it to Fair Market Value.

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

If the rumors are true, they're looking for a marquee name signing and I'd imagine they'd want that one in place before they travel to SA to show off the team.

If I were them I'd just show off the player and leave the rest of the shite back at little Benton.

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

They are:

2.3          The Executive shall determine whether consideration included in the Club’s Earnings Before Tax arising from a Related Party Transaction is recorded in the Club’s Annual Accounts at a Fair Market Value. If it is not, the Executive shall restate it to Fair Market Value.

That's different though - that's still the old rules we had before the PL fucked us. You can sign whatever you want and then they might try to mess with it later in terms of FFP, the PL now don't let you sign anything until they're happy with it. You can be clear of the EFL and escape any punishment before they can do anything with their rules. 

19 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

That's different though - that's still the old rules we had before the PL fucked us. You can sign whatever you want and then they might try to mess with it later in terms of FFP, the PL now don't let you sign anything until they're happy with it. You can be clear of the EFL and escape any punishment before they can do anything with their rules. 

It has the same ultimate effect and we would still be subject to PL FFP rules if/when we were promoted, which run over the three previous seasons.

Any suggestion that we're holding off on signing sponsorship deals to somehow take advantage of a non-existent loophole if we get relegated is utter nonsense.

The sponsorships and big ticket signings will come, I think it’s wise to see what division we are in first come the end of the season myself. 

From NUFC.com

An interesting update from The Times on Saturday regarding Nicky Hammond, whose temporary arrival at SJP was only revealed on December 17th:

It was Christmas Eve and Nicky Hammond’s brief work at Newcastle United was done. Hammond had picked up the reins at the world’s richest football club before the new Saudi owners’ first transfer window. He was expected to be the de facto chief executive, given the licence to launch a worldwide spending spree. Instead, his tenure was cut short.

From there, Newcastle’s recruitment team was whittled down to four — Amanda Staveley, who had led a four-year attempt to take over the club; Steve Nickson, the long-standing head of recruitment; Eddie Howe, the new head coach; and his No 2, Jason Tindall.

This had not been foreseen when Newcastle were taken over in October by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund. It has meant that Howe has had far greater power over recruitment than had been expected when he was appointed in November

Worrying this like. Got to wonder why Hammond was cut short.

Howe, Tindall and Nickson in charge of recruitment is not what we expected in October. Assuming Staveley has no part, given that she has 0 experience within football...

Just now, ManDoon said:

The Hammond thing could be a blessing, not many people were complimentary about him.

This. He was derided by most for his previous career exploits, yet now he’s gone, it’s “worrying”. 

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

This. He was derided by most for his previous career exploits, yet now he’s gone, it’s “worrying”. 

More to the point we've got a manager with a track record of wasting money, his assistant, a fella that thought spending 40m on Joelinton was a coup and someone who had no experience within football until October negotiating the most important and difficult transfer window of the club's recent history.

This, despite having from October to plan for it. Fuck knows like, maybe my expectations were too high but I'd be surprised if anyone thought this would be the case come mid January, back in October when the takeover went through.

Edited by Doctor Zaius

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

More to the point we've got a manager with a track record of wasting money, his assistant, a fella that thought spending 40m on Joelinton was a coup and someone who had no experience within football until October negotiating the most important and difficult transfer window of the club's recent history.

This, despite having from October to plan for it. Fuck knows like, maybe my expectations were too high but I'd be surprised if anyone thought this would be the case come mid January, when the takeover went through.

Get what you’re saying, but in our current situation I’d rather the bloke with the task of training and improving our squad gets the say on who he wants in order to get us out of this shit. It’s solely on his head then, instead of being able to blame a DOF or whatever. In the summer, providing we stay in the division, we can look to a DOF to lead us towards a way of playing style etc. 

21 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

The Hammond thing could be a blessing, not many people were complimentary about him.

The issue is this story has only been written by 1 person. Ryder and Caulkin both referenced Hammond in pieces after Hardy's piece went out. 

Got no problem with Howe calling the shots with the ground work done by Nickson on targets. We’re in a fire fight and the time for a DOF will be in the summer when planning can begin. 

The club chose Howe and have to back him, if they’d appointed Rafa few would have had a problem with him choosing players this window.

The problem will arise if Howe turns out to be a dud and we’ve backed the wrong horse. However, I’m quite sure once a DOF is in place a transfer strategy will materialise, this window is a one off and if a machine gun approach to transfers works nobody will complain.

Big pressure on Howe though once more signings arrive, rightly or wrongly I think he’ll pay with his job if we go down.

On 17/01/2022 at 15:20, ManDoon said:

Again here:

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/premier-league/best-attack.html

Wolves are 17th on this list. I haven't checed but I would presume they don't concede many hence how they are doing in the league. Pragmatism isn't inherently bad.  There's a world of dif between Bruce "sit back hope for magic" and Rafa "operate from a solid base, spring counter attacks"

Aye, there's always some modern, sexy version of football which we all want to play, like Total Football, Gegenpressing or Tika Tika, but a pragmatic, defensively solid side has pretty much been the basis of most Premiership sides since as far back as I can remember.

Tony Pullis' Stoke were 'negative football'. 

I deffinitely want the sexy football myself though.

11 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

This, despite having from October to plan for it. Fuck knows like, maybe my expectations were too high but I'd be surprised if anyone thought this would be the case come mid January, back in October when the takeover went through.

Yeah, I'm not sure what other people are seeing like but I think it's been clear most of the window that we're not doing too great. Our squad is absolute shite and outside of some obvious big money signings we seem to be really struggling to identify players.

£25m and reportedly £80k a week for Wood is incredible. That's like 2-3 players worth of wages and transfer fees of Wood's quality [emoji38]