PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, ManDoon said:

Having losses to be upset by, is paradoxically the best thing ever. Nothing ever really mattered under Ashley, didn’t care about signings, didn’t care about games (watched out of routine probably). The nerve wracking feeling is great to have back. I love that feeling. People barely commented in match threads towards the end 

Absolutely. I was at a point where I felt pretty much nothing when we scored because it essentially meant nothing. 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Having losses to be upset by, is paradoxically the best thing ever. Nothing ever really mattered under Ashley, didn’t care about signings, didn’t care about games (watched out of routine probably). The nerve wracking feeling is great to have back. I love that feeling. People barely commented in match threads towards the end 

Yeah, for all the moaning about lack of signings, I wake up in the mornings wondering if there's been any developments, and I go to bed at night checking for the same thing. Under Ashley I didn't even use to check this thread, would wait until there was an actual thread on a player, then try to muster some excitement. "Maybe he's a diamond in the rough!" 

Looks like the toys are coming out of the pram…….everyone’s trawling the media for anything Newcastle related and ultimately falling for regurgitated bullshit.

In all fairness, I’m pulling me hair out reading the shite, only to discover I’ve  read it before only this time they’ve changed the headline!

Its like winning the lotto, but cannot spend the money anywhere.

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It's just the best feeling ever man.

Honestly, the week it was announced, I drove from the South East back home and spent a fortune with my sons in the club shop knowing it wasn't going to Ashley.

I've not let them have jerseys or any NUFC gear since Rafa left.

I've felt bloody terrible for years for effectively giving them no option but to be NUFC fans but, now, right now we can be proud again and that means far more to me than having 6 new faces through the door or a DOF/CEO appointed.

I firmly believe the new owners are trying. Making mistakes along the way? Undoubtedly.

A club that tries? Without a doubt.

That's all we've ever wanted.

From the shame of being NUFC fans with no hope to season tickets next season, whichever league we're in, whoever is on the pitch and whoever is in the dugout.

I'm all in again and it's the best feeling ever.

Edited by Minhosa

11 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

It is largely only coming from idiots on twitter, let’s be honest, and by god there’s lots of them on there. 

I'm not sure it is just Twitter tbh. Even on here there's a tone which seems quite 'demanding' regarding certain subjects (DOF, incoming transfers etc).

I think it's really clear the new owners are working their bollocks off. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

It's just the best feeling ever man.

Honestly, the week is was announced, I drove from the South East back home and spent a fortune with my sons in the club shop knowing it wasn't going to Ashley.

I've not let them have jerseys or any NUFC gear since Rafa left.

I've felt bloody terrible for years for effectively giving them no option but to be NUFC fans but, now, right now we can be proud again and that means far more to me than having 6 new faces through the door or a DOF/CEO appointed.

I firmly believe the new owners are trying. Making mistakes along the way? Undoubtedly.

A club that tries? Without a doubt.

That's all we've ever wanted.

From the shame of being NUFC fans with no hope to season tickets next season, whichever league we're in, whoever is on the pitch and whoever is in the dugout.

I'm all in again and it's the best feeling ever.

Totally agree.

As Ive said before i gave up on football, lost interest in the club, even my profile here was deleted as it was never used.

Its good to care again. We all want the best for the club but the new owners are not undoing 14 years of Ashley in a single transfer window.

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I'm not sure it is just Twitter tbh. Even on here there's a tone which seems quite 'demanding' regarding certain subjects (DOF, incoming transfers etc).

I think it's really clear the new owners are working their bollocks off. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

I’ll stand by what I said it the other thread. I don’t really pay much attention to the transfer rumors but DOF was the most important appointment we had to make after the takeover and I don’t believe that is demanding.

I want nothing more for this to be a success  on and off the field but we should be able to point out issues with the new ownership without shite like “So you rather Ashley?” being the counter argument.  This consortium are custodians of the club and as supporters I think we have every right to critique when appropriate. 

43 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Have to say the tone of some of our fanbase since this takeover has been a little bit entitled or perhaps ungrateful which is really disappointing. Have they magically forgotten the last 14 years as if they didn't happen?

I'm still bouncing around on cloud nine tbh.

The change in communication, the positive noises coming from the club, the togetherness and the very fact that they are already 'trying' is more than we've ever had under Ashley.

If relegation comes then so be it.

I'd still intend on making the most of the season to rebuild, enjoy seeing the new signings settle etc.

I'm absolutely thrilled they had the tenacity, perserverance and desire to get through negotiations with Ashley (which NOBODY likes), to battle the PL with the odds stacked against them and the balls to take the risk when we were staring down the barrel of relegation.

They'll obviously make mistakes (I've got reservations about Howe for example) but, fuck me, I'd take relegation with this lot than 17th place under Ashley.

Let's not forget ourselves.

Best thing I’ve read on here in days, we’ll said man.

Not sure if it’s an online/social media thing because I really don’t see this sort of stuff ‘in real life’ and it certainly doesn’t appear to be the case inside the stadium. I imagine if we go down it will be scenes reminiscent of the Spurs game. 

Inwas absolutely gutted when we drew with  Watford, went to work Monday morning totally flat. First time I’ve felt like that in years - I didn’t see it as a bad thing.

The owners were always up against it this season. If we go down but they still have long term ambitions to be successful, then I’ll happily support them all the way. 

but yeah, great post. 

8 minutes ago, CFlan said:

I’ll stand by what I said it the other thread. I don’t really pay much attention to the transfer rumors but DOF was the most important appointment we had to make after the takeover and I don’t believe that is demanding.

I want nothing more for this to be a success  on and off the field but we should be able to point out issues with the new ownership without shite like “So you rather Ashley?” being the counter argument.  This consortium are custodians of the club and as supporters I think we have every right to critique when appropriate. 

From all accounts the DOF position is being addressed, if you cast your mind back we interviewed Michael Emenalo for the position a good while back, but for whatever reason that wasn't considered a good fit. It's an important position, I think making the right appointment is crucial, I don't agree with the idea you should just get one in asap regardless of who it is. 

Think we're bordering on happy clapping at the minute like [emoji38]

We're infinitely better off now than we were under Ashley, and that's the case even if we do get relegated, but if we cannot discuss things that we think need to change then what's the point?

You can be over the moon with our current situation while also thinking that we'd be better off with someone advising them on the football side of things. I can think Ashley is a cunt while also thinking we got absolutely tortured with the Chris Wood deal.

Minhosa :clap:

Given the steaming pile of festering shit we/PIF/PCP were left with, this season was always going to be a bit of a gamble as to whether the leaks could be patched up to just see us through to the summer when space and time could be given to properly rebuilding. 

To be honest, whether that rebuilding job is done in the Champo or in the PL, it's clear that we're on the up. What's become ever more apparent is that the rot has gone far deeper than any of us probably imagined - not just the deteriorating physical infrastructure of the club, but the phsychology and mindset of well paid, once reasonably competent, players. In my opinion, whilst it's possible to rebuild the former, the latter just need to be binned off and passed along their separate ways. That was never going to be possible given the timing/circumstances of the takeover.

I just hope, sincerely, that the Champo won't put off/postpone the levels of investment needed at every level of the club. The media frenzy and cunts like Sutton/Simon Jordon wanking themselves blind over us going down will be enough to stomach as it is.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Think we're bordering on happy clapping at the minute like [emoji38]

We're infinitely better off now than we were under Ashley, and that's the case even if we do get relegated, but if we cannot discuss things that we think need to change then what's the point?

You can be over the moon with our current situation while also thinking that we'd be better off with someone advising them on the football side of things. I can think Ashley is a cunt while also thinking we got absolutely tortured with the Chris Wood deal.

Of course you can. I don’t think anyone is saying you can’t have a nuanced opinion.

Im not a massive fan of the Wood signing for example and Howe was not my first choice. 

49 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Was it? Genuine question btw.

If I'm honest, I didn't foresee the unreasonable expectations at all. At least, not this soon. Did these people think we'd just turn into prime Man City within a fortnight?

I'll tell you what doesn't help at all, this 'Richest Club in the Woooorrrld' narrative.

We might have wealthy owners but nobody knows their full intentions and nobody knows their end game so I really think it gives an awful impression and starting point for the likes of PCP to do business from.

I'd be trying to correct that narrative if I was them.

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

They appear to have nothing but good intentions.

We clung on to hope during the Ashley era, surely we can have faith now? Surely that's the easiest thing in the world?

I do appreciate the view that we're all so much more passionate about our club now. And I get that, with that passion, comes a desire to be better now but we've got to look at the bigger picture.

The future is bright so let's enjoy the journey.

Totally like the more realistic posts in this thread.

I'm not surprised by the overly negative posts.  We're in the midst of instant gratification culture.  I want what I want and I want it now.

Off of that stuff though...

The consortium always said it was big picture.  5 years, 10 years.  We're not going to be held victim in an always difficult window.  Re: management, we want the right people in place.  I've said before, it's also more than the footballing side.  Servers, software, staffing.  If Fat Mike didn't wash windows and upgrade the training ground what makes you think he staffed properly and stayed current with technology?

We have ownership with a plan and the resources to carry it out.  They've also been true to their word.  They're going to be thoughtful and deliberate and they want to do it right and they've stuck to that.  They haven't been perfect and that's to be expected but I do think they have done the very best that they could have under the circumstances.  No one wants to go down but who can guarantee we stay up?

58 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Was it? Genuine question btw.

If I'm honest, I didn't foresee the unreasonable expectations at all. At least, not this soon. Did these people think we'd just turn into prime Man City within a fortnight?

I'll tell you what doesn't help at all, this 'Richest Club in the Woooorrrld' narrative.

We might have wealthy owners but nobody knows their full intentions and nobody knows their end game so I really think it gives an awful impression and starting point for the likes of PCP to do business from.

I'd be trying to correct that narrative if I was them.

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

They appear to have nothing but good intentions.

We clung on to hope during the Ashley era, surely we can have faith now? Surely that's the easiest thing in the world?

I do appreciate the view that we're all so much more passionate about our club now. And I get that, with that passion, comes a desire to be better now but we've got to look at the bigger picture.

The future is bright so let's enjoy the journey.

IMO yes in part fuelled by the shite in the media, see Mbappe bollocks etc. Think it would happen anywhere tbh. I also don't think a lot of people get that players don't want to move to a club in our position regardless of cash and how shit the Jan window is fullstop.

Fully agree with the rest especially the bit in bold albeit I don't think their comms has been bad at all and 'process led' has obviously been banded about loads. 

7 minutes ago, LV said:

Of course you can. I don’t think anyone is saying you can’t have a nuanced opinion.

Im not a massive fan of the Wood signing for example and Howe was not my first choice. 

But I don't think many people are actually offering un-nuanced opinions? There's been 1 or 2 but most posters have been discussing what they think of our attempts in the window, I haven't seen much genuine negativity towards the new owners.

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

Like it's perfectly reasonable to 'moan' about only 2 signings because we're very likely going to get relegated. I just cannot see the benefit of not being critical when there's obvious reasons for it. It's not being unappreciative.

7 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Totally like the more realistic posts in this thread.

I'm not surprised by the overly negative posts.  We're in the midst of instant gratification culture.  I want what I want and I want it now.

Off of that stuff though...

The consortium always said it was big picture.  5 years, 10 years.  We're not going to be held victim in an always difficult window.  Re: management, we want the right people in place.  I've said before, it's also more than the footballing side.  Servers, software, staffing.  If Fat Mike didn't wash windows and upgrade the training ground what makes you think he staffed properly and stayed current with technology?

We have ownership with a plan and the resources to carry it out.  They've also been true to their word.  They're going to be thoughtful and deliberate and they want to do it right and they've stuck to that.  They haven't been perfect and that's to be expected but I do think they have done the very best that they could have under the circumstances.  No one wants to go down but who can guarantee we stay up?

Like absolute nonsense like this. 'instant gratification culture' [emoji38]

Sorry I'd prefer we weren't relegated like.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

But I don't think many people are actually offering un-nuanced opinions? There's been 1 or 2 but most posters have been discussing what they think of our attempts in the window, I haven't seen much genuine negativity towards the new owners.

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

Like it's perfectly reasonable to 'moan' about only 2 signings because we're very likely going to get relegated. I just cannot see the benefit of not being critical when there's obvious reasons for it. It's not being unappreciative.

We’re in an emergency situation where we are trying to get in 4 or so players to try to stave off an increasingly likely looking relegation but it’s not due to the inability to get 4 or so players in, it’s because of the previous 14 years of enforced mediocrity and a bang average championship level squad.

Moaning about the new driver that’s come in to replace the one who had pointed the plane at the mountain is just baffling to me. Yeah he’s making course corrections and it might not be enough, quickly enough but you can’t blame him. 

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Like absolute nonsense like this. 'instant gratification culture' [emoji38]

Sorry I'd prefer we weren't relegated like.

Wouldn’t we all, owners included

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Have to say the tone of some of our fanbase since this takeover has been a little bit entitled or perhaps ungrateful which is really disappointing. Have they magically forgotten the last 14 years as if they didn't happen?

I'm still bouncing around on cloud nine tbh.

The change in communication, the positive noises coming from the club, the togetherness and the very fact that they are already 'trying' is more than we've ever had under Ashley.

If relegation comes then so be it.

I'd still intend on making the most of the season to rebuild, enjoy seeing the new signings settle etc.

I'm absolutely thrilled they had the tenacity, perserverance and desire to get through negotiations with Ashley (which NOBODY likes), to battle the PL with the odds stacked against them and the balls to take the risk when we were staring down the barrel of relegation.

They'll obviously make mistakes (I've got reservations about Howe for example) but, fuck me, I'd take relegation with this lot than 17th place under Ashley.

Let's not forget ourselves.

Cracking post.

Why do you both keep thinking it's you that's being talked about? :lol: Just because you both have nuanced opinions, a lot of which I agree with, doesn't mean there haven't been some proper bairn-like reactions on here in a shockingly short space of time like.

47 minutes ago, CFlan said:

They've talked all along about this being a 'long term' project, they've also said it came relatively out of the blue in the end and we know they've got the need to engage Saudi with their key appointments plus they've never done this before so you'd imagine they'll be nervous of getting this call wrong.

Its 90% likely they'll be after the best of the bunch and that means this person will be in a role already. So you've got to get their agreement to discuss the gig, engage their current employer and then put them through the recruitment process.

On top of this, they're in the middle of analysing exactly what they've bought, lifting the bonnet and working out exactly what type of driver they'll need to steer their very expensive vehicle throught the next few years.

I honestly don't think many people could cope with the demands being placed upon them right now.

I'm happy to trust in the process and wait for them to appoint who they feel is the best person for the role.

It's not uncommon for key roles to take a long time to be filled in any organisation, even long established ones, their version of NUFC is brand new making it even harder to move so quickly.

My counter argument has nothing to do with 'so you'd rather Ashley?' and all to do with 'have some fucking patience with them, they're brand new to this too and trying their best and generally doing really really well imho'.

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If we haven't got the players we need by close of play on Jan 31st then I think we will all be entitled to moan. It would have been nice to have 5 players in before Watford, and we could have done it, but they wouldn't have been the players to make a difference.

After Leeds there's 17 games left. I'd rather face those 17 games with the best possible players than face 19 games with "let's just get someone in ffs" signings. 

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

You’re literally posting stuff like “THEY HAVENG GOT A NEW TEA LADY YET, PIF OUT” as some sort of played out joke in other threads lol. It’s absolutely nothing to do with culture. 

What would even be the point of the message board if everyone just logged in and went “yeah everything’s perfect bye guys!”. 

Get over yourself.  Bedwetting snowflake.