PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

4th director? I wonder if that’s being imposed upon Reuben / Stavely & co. And I wonder how they’ll react to that. Anyone have the non-paywall version to paste in here? 

1 minute ago, DJ_NUFC said:

4th director? I wonder if that’s being imposed upon Reuben / Stavely & co. And I wonder how they’ll react to that. Anyone have the non-paywall version to paste in here? 

It'll be PIF having some executive representation on the board. 

1 minute ago, DJ_NUFC said:

I imagine this was the plan all along, I hope the go for coal mining club Newcastle in Australia (I'm sure Freddy Shepherd tried that once) 

3 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Dunno but he's doing massive things for golf in Saudi and his plan is to expose it to the entire population of 36m so I'm assuming there will be 36m more toon fans by the end of the year? 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I imagine this was the plan all along, I hope the go for coal mining club Newcastle in Australia (I'm sure Freddy Shepherd tried that once) 

There's a Newcastle in America as well. If they haven't got a team its time they do. Get one created in China, Japan, South Africa etc...

2 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

I think they'll be fully on board this move as I imagine he'll be the intermediary between PIF and the club that will speed up the decision making process for AS et al.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

There's a Newcastle in America as well. If they haven't got a team its time they do. Get one created in China, Japan, South Africa etc...

and one in Ontario, Canada

I'd imagine that the mid-season and close-season trips to KSA will now become the norm.  And whatever my opinion of the ultimate owners of the club, that doesn't seem an unreasonable expectation on their behalf.  I also imagine if we're ever any good, that will be their opportunity to show us off to the KSA public (and grow the 'brand' in KSA).