PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

This new bunch that own us are very good at keeping things close to their chest, watching the journalists flounder and argue amongst themselves must be quite funny for them, probably one of the reasons they took the Saudi trip to get some peace and quiet to get the deals prepped this week then sorted over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

This new bunch that own us are very good at keeping things close to their chest, watching the journalists flounder and argue amongst themselves must be quite funny for them, probably one of the reasons they took the Saudi trip to get some peace and quiet to get the deals prepped this week then sorted over the weekend.

That’s the exact opposite of what I’ve seen so far.  Staveley cannot be near a journalist without leaking like a rusty bucket

2 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I don't remember video of those things but okay.

Can’t tell if you’re splitting hairs here - I don’t mean I have documentary video evidence - ‘to see’ can mean from a written source; it can also mean ‘to deduce’

Edited by MarkyMark

Was there ever proof saying it was her who leaked about Emery?  Always felt that people seemed to keep repeating it until it was true....very rtg. 

Same with everything about our deals or the club in general actually, she must be set on telling everyone everything, chatty cow. 

Why would she leak stories about potential signings, it makes no sense whatsoever, the only people that benefit is the selling club who can leak the bid in order to create competition with other clubs 

Not to say anyone's beyond criticism. They're not. But I think people have taken Staveley's efforts to communicate and incorrectly extrapolated from those a tendency to mouth off to the press about any old thing.

Edited by elbee909

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

Why would she leak stories about potential signings, it makes no sense whatsoever, the only people that benefit is the selling club who can leak the bid in order to create competition with other clubs 

Exactly. It's bollocks.  Just a shame it gets spread about by the fan base, similar to those who would repeat Ashleys bullshit about her being a time waster/tyre kicker. 

Just now, Wilson said:

Exactly. It's bollocks.  Just a shame it gets spread about by the fan base, similar to those who would repeat Ashleys bullshit about her being a time waster/tyre kicker. 

Im really surprised at the hostility that Amanda gets through the press etc.   They really dont like newcomers and a woman at that, heading a football club.   

There’s definitely been undertones of dislike towards her from some sections, our fans and media alike and blaming her for ‘leaks’ without any proof is a big part of it.

It’s strange and I wonder what drives it? Misogyny? Don’t like the way she looks? 

I think she’s great from what I’ve seen so far. 

Just now, MarkyMark said:

Accusations of misogyny?  At that point I’m out.  Fucking hell.

Cult-like thinking. 

No one has accused you personally of misogyny. That’s quite the flounce.

Yet you’re happy, without any proof, to say that Staveley is constantly leaking to the press. 

Many of us have noted that she seems to get a lot of shit and I wondered what was behind it when I think she’s done nothing but good for this club. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I dont think its down to misogyny like. Id say its probably down to the fact that the manager search/DOF search and now the January window has been a bit of a shambles.

Seems to me like they are aiming really high in trying to get their top targets and taking their time to appoint the right man for the DoF role. Something they’ve said they’d do all along. 

If they can’t prise away their top targets from clubs that don’t want to sell a prize asset then I wouldn’t call that a shambles, I’d call that trying their best in a very difficult window. Maybe they should have aimed lower from the start, but then they’d get flak for aiming too low and not trying.

20 minutes ago, LV said:

Seems to me like they are aiming really high in trying to get their top targets and taking their time to appoint the right man for the DoF role. Something they’ve said they’d do all along. 

If they can’t prise away their top targets from clubs that don’t want to sell a prize asset then I wouldn’t call that a shambles, I’d call that trying their best in a very difficult window. Maybe they should have aimed lower from the start, but then they’d get flak for aiming too low and not trying.

Thats one take, not sure I see it that way. They had from October until December to get some senior recruitment staff in but here we are with Stavely, Reuben, Howe and Nickson scratching around unable to sign anyone. They had plenty of time to identify targets too. I dont buy into the 'sale took them by surpise' argument. Football moves fast and a couple of months is enough time. 

There are mitigating factors. The window is difficult but not impossible. We're not looking to improve on good players here, we just need some competent bodies through the door. 

'Trying their best' doesn't really cut it when we're staring down the barrel.

Edited by Doctor Zaius

27 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Accusations of misogyny?  At that point I’m out.  Fucking hell.

Cult-like thinking. 

There was a lad on here who had it in for her right from the start.  We basically exhausted all options for his hatred apart from 'she's a lass'.