PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Sean said:

Staveley's proved me wrong big time and I'm absolutely delighted (and still shocked) she has!

Sean of the dead

Edited by HTT II

Lived up in Newcastle for a few years so know how passionate you guys are about your team.

So for that reason and for the fans i met up their i am pleased for you :D

Doesnt help my poor LUFC though and our top 6 ambitions, boo :laugh:

We had the Qatar takeover rumours (inflamed by our owner mentioning them every chance he got) year or so ago so we had the huge money/dodgy people conundrum at LUFC to.

Its really difficult i found.

As a fan you want success and trophies and excitement on the pitch.

All that is made much more likely with tons of cash.

But then the human rights stuff and political and moral issues those countries have were really off putting to, and of course that poor Journalist where Saudi Arabia are concerned is a deeply distressing indication of the sort of people who will be running your club.

Interested to see how you guys feel?

I worked on the basis that owning LUFC had no impact on those sort of things either way and sad as it is that was a separate issue unlinked to my club.

Besides if the UK government are happy to do business with Russia, Qatar, China, Saudi Arabia etc then why should my club be expected to take the moral high ground.

But that being said i was still very uneasy.

Just now, HTT II said:

Is it just me or is this eerily similar to the original Ashley takes over from SJH/FS days?

Hmm, not really? It took quite some time as he had to but out shares bit by bit. I seem to recall it taking a good few days/weeks until he took over full control.

2 minutes ago, King Pablo said:

Lived up in Newcastle for a few years so know how passionate you guys are about your team.

So for that reason and for the fans i met up their i am pleased for you :D

Doesnt help my poor LUFC though and our top 6 ambitions, boo :laugh:

We had the Qatar takeover rumours (inflamed by our owner mentioning them every chance he got) year or so ago so we had the huge money/dodgy people conundrum at LUFC to.

Its really difficult i found.

As a fan you want success and trophies and excitement on the pitch.

All that is made much more likely with tons of cash.

But then the human rights stuff and political and moral issues those countries have were really off putting to, and of course that poor Journalist where Saudi Arabia are concerned is a deeply distressing indication of the sort of people who will be running your club.

Interested to see how you guys feel?

I worked on the basis that owning LUFC had no impact on those sort of things either way and sad as it is that was a separate issue unlinked to my club.

Besides if the UK government are happy to do business with Russia, Qatar, China, Saudi Arabia etc then why should my club be expected to take the moral high ground.

But that being said i was still very uneasy.

I’d sportswash your dad in the Bath to see Ashley fuck off