PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, HTT II said:

Just do what Ashley did, not pay a penny for the sponsorship… call it charity or something!

Was wondering why this wouldn't work myself, but I don't really understand the first thing about FFP

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Was wondering why this wouldn't work myself, but I don't really understand the first thing about FFP

Because the idea of paying for sponsorship is to get money into the club to spend. If they didn't charge they'd not be getting the money in :lol:

4 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Nor do they or anyone else, it’s just football’s way of pretending they care about clubs not going above and beyond their means financially to the detriment of others, unless it’s to the detriment of themselves over others they don’t like/want/care about. It’s all complete and utter bullshit and was proved by Man City being allowed back into the CL recently, paltry fines and Chelsea’s one year transfer embargo. The minute any half decent lawyer challenges this bogus shit, nowt would stand up or stick. It’s nothing but an empty threat mainly to keep the smaller little insignificant clubs in check, but guess what, we are the big boys in Toon now and they fucking hate it. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Because the idea of paying for sponsorship is to get money into the club to spend. If they didn't charge they'd not be getting the money in :lol:

Well I understand that much :lol: I just wonder if there's a real disadvantage to a less lucrative sponsor (but still presumably loads better than our current incumbents) but just let them advertise their primary but maybe banned one for nowt

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Nor do they or anyone else, it’s just football’s way of pretending they care about clubs not going above and beyond their means financially to the detriment of others, unless it’s to the detriment of others they don’t like/want/care about. It’s all complete and utter bull shit and was proved by Man City being allowed back into the CL, the minute any half decent lawyer challenges this bogus shit, nowt would stand up or stick. It’s nothing but an empty threat mainly to keep the smaller little insignificant clubs in check, but guess what, we are the big boys in Toon now and they fucking hate it. 

As @Jackie Broon said earlier, they should be careful what they wish for as there are lawyers who think that FFP could go if a legal challenge was mounted. 

14 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Looks like we're going Saudia 

Love this. A nice big sponsorship deal, not linked to our owners, worth multi millions of pounds.

That'll get the other 19 clubs thinking of a new rule they'll have to vote in favour of.

I know the idea was seemingly to have 'Vision 2030' as the prominent club/shirt sponsor, and presumably be highly paid for it, but can we not just have that as a sleeve sponsor or something, and just be paid the 'market rate' for that, and then be paid our 'main' sponsors fee from the airline or whatever for the front of shirt / stadium name?

Edited by TK-421

Just now, TK-421 said:

I know the idea was seemingly to have 'Vision 2030' as the prominent shoirt sponsor, and presumabley by highly paid for it, but can we not just have that as a sleeve sponsor or something, and just be poaid the 'market rate' for that, and then be paid our 'main' sponsors fee from the airline or whatever for the front of shirt / stadium name?

Aye, that's what I meant :thup:

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Love this. A nice big sponsorship deal, not linked to our owners, worth multi millions of pounds.

That'll get the other 19 clubs thinking of a new rule they'll have to vote in favour of.

They'll ban airline sponsors next

Edited by Peppe

4 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Well I understand that much :lol: I just wonder if there's a real disadvantage to a less lucrative sponsor (but still presumably loads better than our current incumbents) but just let them advertise their primary but maybe banned one for nowt

We should announce UNICEF as our new sponsor, with all earnings going to charity. Then launch "Newcastle TV" which gets a shocking number of subscriptions all across the Emirates for a huge amount of income.

I worry that this is all an attempt to draw the KSA into interfering with this so the EPL can argue the legal assurances are inadequate and so they will expel us from the EPL or deduct points that ensure we get relegated and are then refused promotion back into the EPL whilst the PIF hold majority ownership!!

I wonder how they decide what is a fair amount for spo sponsorship ?

I remember reading about Man Utd having a deal which I think was more than our main sponsors at the time purely to be associated with a Thai tyre brand or some such. Ie the tyre makers gave Man utd million s just to use their crest etc officially in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Peppe said:

They'll ban airline sponsors next

Without a doubt, think about all them the poor gambling sponsors who could miss out if they allowed that. Mind Man City and Arsenal will still be allowed to fly high!

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

We should announce UNICEF as our new sponsor, with all earnings going to charity. Then launch "Newcastle TV" which gets a shocking number of subscriptions all across the Emirates for a huge amount of income.

Aye, wonder how much Amnesty Int'l will pay to sponsor us??

Just now, TK-421 said:

Aye, wonder how much Amnesty Int'l will pay to sponsor us??

They’d kill to be associated with our club in some official capacity once we take off!

1 hour ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I worry that this is all an attempt to draw the KSA into interfering with this so the EPL can argue the legal assurances are inadequate and so they will expel us from the EPL or deduct points that ensure we get relegated and are then refused promotion back into the EPL whilst the PIF hold majority ownership!!

You'd have to think the ownership will know not to fuck with that given the cost.

But can just see us winning our first trophy in generations then being stripped of it.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

29 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

You'd have to think the ownership will know not to fuck with that giving the cost.

But can just see us winning our first trophy in generations then being stripped of it.

:lol:

That would just be so us 

32 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

SABIC would be possible too.

Said last night I don't think Aramco is because of Yasir.

Sure I read SABIC is a subsidiary of Aramco, so the PL 18 would probably try and veto that too.

8 hours ago, deejeck said:

Just reading there that USM have already paid Everton a £30m deposit for the naming rights of the new stadium, which would fly in the face of what they're all trying to do here.  Nothing more than a disruption technique by the looks of it.

PL just rotten to the core - clubs seem to be hell bent on keeping Newcastle down.

2 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

:scared:

3 hours ago, TK-421 said:

I know the idea was seemingly to have 'Vision 2030' as the prominent club/shirt sponsor, and presumably be highly paid for it, but can we not just have that as a sleeve sponsor or something, and just be paid the 'market rate' for that, and then be paid our 'main' sponsors fee from the airline or whatever for the front of shirt / stadium name?

If Vision 2030 has links to PIF then we can't have that based on what the 18 clubs have voted for.

The issue isn't even about market rate they have voted to ban any sponsorship with links, which is ludicrous and hopefully a half decent lawyer rips it apart 

Edited by Geordie Ahmed