PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

44 minutes ago, Joe_F said:

Jesus Christ that's embarrassing like :lol:

I completely understand fans trying to get digs in because of this, it comes with the territory. But that's just weird.

Imagine having a pint with the group of adult men who designed and created that.

Obviously don’t understand the PL O&D test as it is. Need to get the RSPB involved mind. I’d have far more respect if they had a banner saying they don’t like how much money we could have available and they wish it was them.

I think the banner is fair - what is ironic is that it's only being done because it wasn't them. Also, I'm sure they don't boycott many other Saudi PIF invested products and services. They can turn a blind eye to PIF investing billions in many other companies like Pfizer, Facebook, Disney, Starbucks, BT etc. 

I think the goings on this week are based on an assumption that the north east doesn't deserve investment like this, there is an invisible apartheid line south of Middlesbrough that the Saudis have dared to cross and now they get the backlash    

7 minutes ago, hakka said:

I think the banner is fair - what is ironic is that it's only being done because it wasn't them. Also, I'm sure they don't boycott many other Saudi PIF invested products and services. They can turn a blind eye to PIF investing billions in many other companies like Pfizer, Facebook, Disney, Starbucks, BT etc. 

My manyoo mate posted it in a whatsapp group, I responded with a link to manyoo announcing their partnership with the Saudi's for vision 2020 and the fact they've been sponsored by Saudi Telecom for fucking years.  

Would love to see a breakdown of dodgy sponsorships and ownerships throughout football like.

Just now, TRon said:

It's also completely fair that PIF bought Newcastle Utd from Mike Ashley of course. Nothing is more true than that. 

Depends what fair means. I don't think countries buying football clubs is fair