PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I wonder if PIF would look to sell the club if we went down.

Not a chance we go down. Depending on how much threat we’re in before January will probably determine the money available.

Even in the very unlikely situation we did, we’d be straight back up.

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I wonder if PIF would look to sell the club if we went down.

I've been thinking something similar and it would be peak NUFC for it to happen too. 7 months of relentlessly negative backlash from fans and owners of other clubs and it wouldn't be the greatest surprise in the world if they did a U-turn and got out before ploughing in serious investment.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Personally I found the poster of the arab beheading the magpie being flown by the palace fans a lot more offensive than some geordies wearing a tea towel on their heads. 

Indeed. 

Can only imagine the outrage if they were holding up a banner with caricatures of people from other nations on it.

Given the amount of Arab money slushing around in London, the hypocrisy is off the scale.

Twitter is a terrible like, Newcastle fans giving Jamie Reuben pelters for saying an improved performance today. Its almost like they expected us to steam roll Palace today because Bruce is gone.

By all accounts, it was an improved performance, despite some poor individual performances at least we looked like we knew what was expected.

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Twitter is a terrible like, Newcastle fans giving Jamie Reuben pelters for saying an improved performance today. Its almost like they expected us to steam roll Palace today because Bruce is gone.

By all accounts, it was an improved performance, despite some poor individual performances at least we looked like we knew what was expected.

The match thread on here isn’t much better.

16 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Today was an improved result, but not an improved performance.

We had 25% possession, and one single worthwhile shot. They should have been out of sight.

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Today was an improved result, but not an improved performance.

We had 25% possession, and one single worthwhile shot. They should have been out of sight.

Totally correct, we need to get a new manager in with his coaching staff and tell the current clowns to fuck off. 

37 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I've been thinking something similar and it would be peak NUFC for it to happen too. 7 months of relentlessly negative backlash from fans and owners of other clubs and it wouldn't be the greatest surprise in the world if they did a U-turn and got out before ploughing in serious investment.

I wonder whether it’s more likely that the pressure from the other Premier League clubs and particularly the ‘Big 6’ will result in the Premier League expelling us at some point. They will claim that we breached the separation between PIF and the Saudi Arabian state or will change the Owners and Directors test to include provisions relating to Human Rights and apply it retrospectively.

The American owners in particular want to protect their investments at all costs and have shown quite clearly in almost joining a Super League from which they could never be demoted and suggesting that the ‘Big 6’ should be able to outvote everyone else that they want to significantly limit all competition.

8 minutes ago, Ezekiel 2517 said:

I wonder whether it’s more likely that the pressure from the other Premier League clubs and particularly the ‘Big 6’ will result in the Premier League expelling us at some point. They will claim that we breached the separation between PIF and the Saudi Arabian state or will change the Owners and Directors test to include provisions relating to Human Rights and apply it retrospectively.

The American owners in particular want to protect their investments at all costs and have shown quite clearly in almost joining a Super League from which they could never be demoted and suggesting that the ‘Big 6’ should be able to outvote everyone else that they want to significantly limit all competition.

Nah, I honestly think sooner or later we’ll see a closed Premier League.

1 hour ago, triggs said:

Depends what fair means. I don't think countries buying football clubs is fair

Fair means others have already done it, so it's fair that we've not been prevented either. I also don't like it personally, but if those are the rules we are playing by.....

50 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Totally correct, we need to get a new manager in with his coaching staff and tell the current clowns to fuck off. 

Captain obvious. :lol:

Let them take the time they need to make the right appointment.