PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

70% of Sabic's shares are owned by Saudi Aramco who's chairman is also our chairman so there is a direct link there, he has brought in directly and indirectly more than a billion pound of investment in the region this month alone :lol:

The Saudi’s will be embedded in the North East economy, as everyone said this deal will be transformative for region.

Sure there will be controversial moments, but it’ll be an ongoing learning curve with two different cultures.

The greater good is undeniable for our region and we should thank our lucky stars Staveley sold them the dream.

13 hours ago, Kanji said:

From the Athletic https://theathletic.com/news/newcastle-included-in-working-group-set-up-after-premier-league-meeting/lLUBCzXJYH6o/?source=twitteruk:

I understand what the source is getting at, but I can't accept that "OK so Newcastle United is a 5m a year shirt team, and Liverpool is a 25m a year shirt team" - the whole point of these commercial deals is proforma and growth. Someone spending 10m, 15m, or even 25m a year on a shirt deal will be doing so based on the growth potential. To me that is a limit to free market. The materiality and thresholds should be based on comparable brands, companies, etc. ie: the airline companies have average of X, high - medium - low of X. 

I am very uncomfortable with how it's portrayed - esp the "and most likely see the agreement rejected" which is terribly unreasonable and incredibly poor way to conduct business. 

First point on this is that I could get on board with the idea in principle assuming they either postpone it until all existing deals are concluded - so something like Man City having their stadium sponsored by a company linked to their owner or whatever shouldn't be allowed if we're not if you see what I mean.  So if Man City can benefit from it until 2030 or whatever then we should be able to be for the same time period otherwise it's basically just fixing the deck against us (and anyone else).

Second point is they've proven themselves to be bent as fuck so there's no way you could trust impartiality in the process.

7 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Some of our new Saudi fans confused and appalled in the replies

The club making offical communications on those kind of topics just steadies my resolve in continuing to support the club. There's no way I'm letting NUFC slip into the hands of backwards thinking, plastic, Saudi fans with the whole "shut up, we own you now" mentality.

Staying silent on progressive issues to appease the new owners would be the absolute final nail in the coffin for my support. The club I knew would be well and truly dead then.

56 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

The club making offical communications on those kind of topics just steadies my resolve in continuing to support the club. There's no way I'm letting NUFC slip into the hands of backwards thinking, plastic, Saudi fans with the whole "shut up, we own you now" mentality.

Staying silent on progressive issues to appease the new owners would be the absolute final nail in the coffin for my support. The club I knew would be well and truly dead then.

Man City will have encountered this same problem, it’ll settle down in time. PIF seem determined to be involved in western society so I’m sure they’ll accept this is our culture and roll with it. 

A lot of those comments will also be from trolls as well as genuine Saudis. Just because they speak or type Arabic doesn’t mean they are definitely Saudi and also WUMs aren’t solely from the U.K.

But yeah some of those comments are really out of line with our values. Proper clash of culture stuff. 

i saw edwards commenting on this and he was of the opinion that "market value" would be whatever the top deal in the league is +10%, or something along those lines

i've no idea if he's right but if that's the proposal then i've no issue with it at all, it'll be a defacto cap for the richer clubs anyway

Edited by mrmojorisin75

6 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

i saw edwards commenting on this and he was of the opinion that "market value" would be whatever the top deal in the league is +10%, or something along those lines

i've no idea if he's right but if that's the proposal then i've no issue with it at all, it'll be a defacto cap for the richer clubs anyway

What if us, Chelsea & Man City just got together and kept adding 10% every deal.

11 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Surely to God other businesses can't dictate whether the sponsor of another business can happen or not?

More legal action for NUFC?

They should just go ahead with whatever they want to do and then leave it up to arbitration (confidential) to sort the mess out. Once our lawyers get involved all those cunts will back off.

So Ashley actively suppressed our commercial activities, we’re now the wealthiest club in the world, with an increasing exposure because of this. Who knows where we’ll be in 5 years time. How much is that worth then. 

It’s almost comical the obstacles that are being chucked at us. We need to go in heavy handed to stop all this nonsense. I’d have been happy with a single League Cup. I hope we knock some these owners and some of their fans completely out of the park. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What if us, Chelsea & Man City just got together and kept adding 10% every deal.

Be a slow process though as they're always multiple year deals obvs

Anyway idk if Edwards knows anything or not but that idea a lot fairer than just shitting on us specifically :lol:

28 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I'm ok with it, just the timing is lolz..

45 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Surely to God other businesses can't dictate whether the sponsor of another business can happen or not?

More legal action for NUFC?

So, there’s a working party to develop solutions to a perceived problem for which the solutions have already been devised and extensively briefed to The Athletic and The Times? Seems legit

I’d like to see that stand up legit in court of law. There is no market value cap on anything really, I’ve spent 30k or so on my gaff, if I value it at the rate I paid for it plus what I’ve spent and some profit, it will go unsold forever. It’s an ‘open’ market where capitalism rules, it’s a free market, etc. etc. and if they go down this route, cap player wages, transfer fees and so on. Like fuck is Shelvey at ‘realistic’ market value worth anywhere near what he’s paid or Harry fucking McGuire is worth 80m +, it’s all absurd!

Nothing to worry about, this simply doesn't stand up in court and we will drag them through it again. We'll point back to our commercial income before Ashley and show it was above Everton & around Tottenham and that really is our true value. They'll ask why these restrictions to protect clubs weren't forced the other way, with NUFC being bled dry by Sports Direct for 14 years. Are they going to allow for the very conservative amount of £10m a year lost and allow us to recoup the £140m owed to us? Most importantly they'll ask why so many other clubs have deals such as Everton's £12m a season training ground sponsorship, the deals which keep Citeh afloat and the whole game will be blown wide apart. I'm looking forward to it. Bring it on. So many legal cases ahead for the PL to pay for.

57 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Nothing to worry about, this simply doesn't stand up in court and we will drag them through it again. We'll point back to our commercial income before Ashley and show it was above Everton & around Tottenham and that really is our true value. They'll ask why these restrictions to protect clubs weren't forced the other way, with NUFC being bled dry by Sports Direct for 14 years. Are they going to allow for the very conservative amount of £10m a year lost and allow us to recoup the £140m owed to us? Most importantly they'll ask why so many other clubs have deals such as Everton's £12m a season training ground sponsorship, the deals which keep Citeh afloat and the whole game will be blown wide apart. I'm looking forward to it. Bring it on. So many legal cases ahead for the PL to pay for.

Do you have a source for this cause the first time you mentioned it I couldn't find it.  I did find some record of them getting deals through companies Moshiri was linked with though but not that specific thing.

Wider point it was Ashley taking the PL to court as an outgoing owner/member of the league, I think the new ownership taking them to court will be the last thing they want even if they know they'd win, which they surely would.

9 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Do you have a source for this cause the first time you mentioned it I couldn't find it.  I did find some record of them getting deals through companies Moshiri was linked with though but not that specific thing.

Wider point it was Ashley taking the PL to court as an outgoing owner/member of the league, I think the new ownership taking them to court will be the last thing they want even if they know they'd win, which they surely would.

I can't quite remember when i saw it but it was in a financial report the likes of Maguire does via twitter. Its Usmanov their other shareholders company who sponsors them irrc. He'll also sponsor the new ground for £30m.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

I can't quite remember when i saw it but it was in a financial report the likes of Maguire does via twitter. Its Usmanov their other shareholders company who sponsors them irrc. He'll also sponsor the new ground for £30m.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/14/alisher-usmanov-naming-rights-everton-new-stadium

It’s mentioned in here but doesn’t state the figure:

The club also revealed that the Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, a business partner of the majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri, has strengthened his ties with the club after agreeing to pay £30m up front for an exclusive option on naming rights for their new stadium. Usmanov’s holding company USM already sponsors Everton’s training ground.